Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:12:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Gifty.top] > Buy discounted gift cards with Bitcoin [Automated]  (Read 990 times)
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 09:43:01 PM

Are you going to accept PayPal as a payment method?
I am asking not because I necessarily want to pay with PayPal, but integrating PP payments would make your service more trustworthy.
Also I am quite sure that I saw your announcement post here on bitcointalk before.
How does accepting paypal make a service more trustworthy? That doesn't make any sense.
Any sense you say? As much I might hate PayPal they have some means and regulation in place to protect both Seller and Customer.
It is good option when dealing with services with 'unconfirmed' reputation.

More info here: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

Yes, there is seller/buyer protection. Pretty much everyone knows that too. While the option for charges backs is available, just accepting PayPal doesn't make you more trustworthy, since the only person taking a risk in that case would be the seller. If I was a newbie and wanted a loan of 100$ in PayPal, would that make me more trustworthy than one who wanted a 100$ BTC loan? No.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 05:46:03 PM

Yes, there is seller/buyer protection. Pretty much everyone knows that too. While the option for charges backs is available, just accepting PayPal doesn't make you more trustworthy, since the only person taking a risk in that case would be the seller. If I was a newbie and wanted a loan of 100$ in PayPal, would that make me more trustworthy than one who wanted a 100$ BTC loan? No.

No... not really. You're saying that a shop that sells cheap gift cards and only accepts a payment option that is nonreversible, even if it turns out to be some sort of fraud, is more trustworthy than one that accepts another form of payment that has both seller and buyer protections, one of which is that buyers can get a refund if the gift cards turn out to be illegal?

And no, as much as the general cliche response of any kind of PayPal transfer thread on the forum is "PayPal is bad because any transaction can be reversed from the seller's pocket!", if scamming on PayPal were really that easy, it wouldn't be the first payment option that most online businesses use. It certainly should be avoided with bitcoin, but that's really mostly because it's against the ToS and the PayPal team themselves are against it.
unso

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 09:56:22 PM

Nice prices would consider
Thank you

just ordered a 20$ itunes gift card

will keep track

so lets see, adamtogo is the only one here, who wrote he bought a card....
he has himself a thread for advertising a site with cheap gift cards
and oh, lets take a look at both sites, nearly the same design, just some colours changed
and both sides use the same phone number, seems legit....
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:00:53 PM

so lets see, adamtogo is the only one here, who wrote he bought a card....
he has himself a thread for advertising a site with cheap gift cards
and oh, lets take a look at both sites, nearly the same design, just some colours changed
and both sides use the same phone number, seems legit....

Nice catch. Archiving all of this so that they can't try and change things up.

adamtogo's vouch on this thread

adamtogo's thread on BitCards

BitCards website (to be compared with Gifty.top)

Gifty.top's website design

BitCard's contact page

Gifty.top's contact page (note the phone number, design, and exact same form)

From this, I have changed my stance from "possible fraud, but no real suspicions" to "probable scam, avoid like the devil".

Don't buy from these guys unless they can reason out of this which is highly unlikely.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: