Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:53:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New 2FA wallet installation problem at QR Code/Google Authenticator step  (Read 1375 times)
typesoshee (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 05:01:17 AM

Hello,

I am a complete noobie and an trying to install an Electrum wallet. I'm using Windows 7.

I downloaded the latest Windows installer from their website and chose the two-factor authorization wallet. Everything was going well (12-word seed, password, e-mail) until it asked for verification via a QR code and Google Authenticator. I downloaded Google Authenticator on my phone and let my phone scan the QR image. It gave me a code number, which I then entered into Electrum. When I clicked next/OK, the Electrum window says:

incorrect password, aborting

and there is a error message that pops up that says:

__init__() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

When I load up Electrum again, it goes right to the section where it asks for your e-mail. When I enter my e-mail or anything random, it gives me this error message:

xpubkey1 and xpubkey2 already associated with existing cosigner

and the program closes. If I load up Electrum again, the same thing happens: asks for my e-mail, and whatever I enter, gives the "xpubkey" message and closes.

I can try to restart the new wallet installation process by deleting the Electrum folder in my AppData/Roaming folder, but the same thing happens at the QR Code and Google Authenticator step (the "init" error message) and then it goes back to this state (asks for e-mail and then the "xpubkey" message).

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 08:58:21 AM

fixed, see https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/issues/1102
the fix will be in the next version
in the meantime, just remove your wallet file and restart from scratch

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 12:03:42 PM

it should be fixed now: the 2.0.3 binary for osx was updated

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
Dhimself

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:55:20 PM

fixed, see https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/issues/1102
the fix will be in the next version
in the meantime, just remove your wallet file and restart from scratch

Sorry for the noob question but I too am having this issue as I just get started on my bitcoin journey. Could someone please mention the exact name of this "wallet file?" I have tried deleting several different files and I still am prompted with the email entry box followed by the code request. But I am unable to produce that. So I must remove that file.

Thank you in advance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: