Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:35:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Watchlist bug  (Read 611 times)
unamis76 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 02:20:28 PM

Suddenly my watchlist is 51 pages long (usually 1/2 pages) and it lists threads which had the last reply in 2014, and others I've obviously already read all replies to... What happened to the watchlist? Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Not that it bothers me, just curious about what's happening.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 12:49:14 AM

Suddenly my watchlist is 51 pages long (usually 1/2 pages) and it lists threads which had the last reply in 2014, and others I've obviously already read all replies to... What happened to the watchlist? Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Nope. Mine seems fine.
Just one page long and 15-16 topics.
Is it still that long for you?
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 01:11:05 AM

Mine is fine with only one page. Maybe you mistaken the new reply posts or the unread post since last visit button and you assumed it's the watchlist? It never happened in my case.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 06:58:35 AM

Aside from the occasional empty watchlist which fixes itself after a refresh, everything seems fine here. What browser(s) are you using? Also check your list of addons/extensions as something may be causing your unexpected problems.

Maybe you mistaken the new reply posts or the unread post since last visit button and you assumed it's the watchlist? It never happened in my case.
That's a probability; it shows 44 pages for me in comparison to less than 10 for the watch list.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
unamis76 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 03:46:35 PM

Nope. Mine seems fine.
Just one page long and 15-16 topics.
Is it still that long for you?

Well, that's what I usually have, not anymore.

Mine is fine with only one page. Maybe you mistaken the new reply posts or the unread post since last visit button and you assumed it's the watchlist? It never happened in my case.

That's what I thought immediately, but no, it's really the watchlist.

Aside from the occasional empty watchlist which fixes itself after a refresh, everything seems fine here. What browser(s) are you using? Also check your list of addons/extensions as something may be causing your unexpected problems.

Maybe you mistaken the new reply posts or the unread post since last visit button and you assumed it's the watchlist? It never happened in my case.
That's a probability; it shows 44 pages for me in comparison to less than 10 for the watch list.

Using Chrome and Safari. Same on both. No different add-ons from usual (ad block only, on Chrome).

I guess it was just some kind of bug in my account. I just wondered if there was something being changed on the background.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 03:48:40 PM

Using Chrome and Safari. Same on both. No different add-ons from usual (ad block only, on Chrome).
Okay, then that shouldn't be the issue.

I guess it was just some kind of bug in my account. I just wondered if there was something being changed on the background.
Are you able to reproduce it, or was this just a one-time thing? I doubt that there we some changes in the background.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
unamis76 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 03:55:04 PM

Since clicking "mark all as read" does absolutely nothing, I think we can say this is reproduceable. If everything is working correctly on the background I'm fine with this. My worry was that there might have been something wrong with the forums but apparently not. I'm obviously not requesting or expecting this to be fixed since the new forum is well under way... Smiley
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 04:00:09 PM

When a thread that is on your watch-list gets moved to another section, it will appear as having an unread reply when you check your watch-list.

This is normally not an issue, however when old threads get moved to another section in mass, say when a new section is created, then this will cause a lot of threads that do not have new replies appear on your watch-list.

I am not 100% certain about this, however it is also possible this will happen when a moderation action happens on a thread -- so editing a post, and splitting a portion of a thread into another post might also cause this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: