Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:30:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to make Miming Rigs For Resale..... TEAM NEEDED!!  (Read 1570 times)
Bitcoin Computer (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 03:44:55 AM

So I thought long and hard the past week or so and came to the conclusion that with my other company, "Derby Of San Francisco" I had done a good job bringing an awesome product at an affordable price and still made money to live and have some left over for R&D for new products. A month ago my senior designer told me about Bitcoins and I instantly "got it". You know how you explain Bitcoin to someone and they give you the ol', "Yeahhh, sounds great" or "Wow that's awesome". Well to me that means "Your F-in Crazy, Shut the hell up you kook". I heard that before with Derby when I first started it so it didn't bother me. In the back of my minds I knew it would work as one day Bitcoin will either sky rocket or crash and burn and we will all sit here talking about the old days and $0.22 a gallon gas like two old men on a Mississippi Stoop.

I bought about 800 BTC last month in the $30's and sold the last few days(Today Being March 27th). I bought 2 Avalon ASIC's as I do believe in them and was a little offended when I contacted Butterfly Labs and could not get a straight answer. (I will explain in the next day or so in a post) When I purchased the Avalon 85 Gh/s I knew it would work and I would not be sorry as everything I have touched with the BTC, I have won.

Any how, I Trademarked the name "Bitcoin Computer" as I would like to make an awesome Mining Rig that will work and make others happy. I would like to have a full website with videos on how to set it up, use it, and any info needed. Almost how Lytro did with their Light Spectrum Cameras. I would love to have a full interactive community and have a "Base" for the hardware and software. So here are the few questions I Have.

1. Chips - How do I get the ASIC Chips to run a successful piece of hardware? I mean which chips are needed? What are the specs for each chip to have built as Silicon Valley is not far away from me. I noticed Avalon will sell chips but have not been able to contact them about this but I understand they are busy.

2. Boards - Obviously the boards are a big deal as the chips must go into them to run the damn thing. What is needed? Are there existing boards and chips one can buy?

3. Power Supply - Well that's obviously an easy one

4. Driver - I would assume the thing needs some kind of software or programming to make it work.

5. Case - I would like to have an awesome one that looks beautiful in the house and people would love to show off "Their New Cool Device"

So I am looking to be in contact with anyone who would like to help me bring a mining rig to the market. I am forward thinking and very open minded. Please be serious as I have a company I run as well as a wife and 2 sons, 4 & 5.

Basically I do believe it can not be that hard to do. I am sure it will take money but how much really? If the machine works then it should be a no brainier.

PM me if you have any interest in moving forward. If it sounds correct I will shoot you my contact info!

Who knows, It just might work out!

Thanks, Victor Suarez - Bitcoin Computer

PS - Remember I do not build computers and have general knowledge of them.
I have only been in the Bitcoin Game for 1 month so if I say something wrong, EXCUSE ME!!!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GoldenAngel

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 05:50:01 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2013, 06:32:13 AM by GoldenAngel

pmed

EDIT: Not sure if PM worked, the messaging system is horrible on this site. I have industry contacts and also an idea on what we can establish.
costapete

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:18:43 PM

have you got the phone call or the shipping and tracking number yet?? when i emailed the compnay they stoped replying to me when i started asking questiong..
Pharaoh

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:50:53 PM

I have only been in the Bitcoin Game for 1 month so if I say something wrong, EXCUSE ME!!!!!!

You are going to need to spend more than one month on this forum before you try and start a bitcoin business. There are a lot of shady characters and out right scammers on this forum and in the bitcoin community. Don't trust anyone. 
svenp

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:16:33 PM

LOL, you win.

Anyway, to the OP, you are very optimistic (which is good...) but I don't think you have any chance of making this work.  Time to market is so critical in order to establish yourself as an ASIC machine provider.  Take Avalon vs BFL... Avalon has a FAR pricier machine but they're shipping NOW.  It's impossible to overstate how important it is to be first...  Anyway, you won't be first or even second, though I'm sure you could in time be successful building something around someone else's ASICs.  By the time you can design the board, firmware, software, etc others will have already taken up the market and be well on their way to introducing their next generation products.  I don't see how you can catch up with them.  Good luck!
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:48:35 AM

1. Chips - How do I get the ASIC Chips to run a successful piece of hardware? I mean which chips are needed? What are the specs for each chip to have built as Silicon Valley is not far away from me. I noticed Avalon will sell chips but have not been able to contact them about this but I understand they are busy.

2. Boards - Obviously the boards are a big deal as the chips must go into them to run the damn thing. What is needed? Are there existing boards and chips one can buy?

3. Power Supply - Well that's obviously an easy one

4. Driver - I would assume the thing needs some kind of software or programming to make it work.

5. Case - I would like to have an awesome one that looks beautiful in the house and people would love to show off "Their New Cool Device"

Mining thrives on technology.

These questions you have make me think you will have no chance whatsoever to run a competing product in this market.
What you name are just the very very basic things you will need to worry about.
Chips are not available and you cannot just get them, they need to be designed and custom made.
Same goes for boards. In fact, the boards and chips need to be designed together.
Drivers are done by programmers on basis of board/chip design.
Case is the very least of your worries. A lot of people will be perfectly happy mining a caseless board.

You do not seem to have the knowledge required to link all these processes and you will actually need someone who does absolutely everything for you.
Your only possible role could be one of investor.
There is also no place for a person inbetween manufacturer and user. Users can buy their boxes directly from the factories (who have an ecosystem of people that can design these things) so i'm not sure what you could add to this since you are clueless as to how to produce them.
Mining is not a market of luxurious products. It is a cutthroat bussuness driven by how many hashes you can do per joule. It is fully owned by engineers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: