Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:09:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin will regain it position  (Read 1017 times)
niceman4you (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:09:26 PM

In those like use to be the second best cryptocurrency after Bitcoin but as time goes on and many more altcons emerge,litecoin value degenerate until it was given a heavy blow that push it to the current no. 4 position, is there any possibility of it regaining it second position ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:42:24 PM

Ethereum became number two between one night and another and I see it as pure manipulation If you ask me so It's just a matter of time till It's dead, Ethereum classic did something good but It seems like they failed and price keep decreasing one day after another (In the meantime , people will dump) , Steem could be considered as a failure as well since It'sn not well designed (I don't have much information about Synereo but It could take the place of Steem).
MaidCoinSafe In the other hand is increasing since the Alpha release of Maidsafe Decentralized internet, and It will probably keep increasing after the Beta & Official release.

In the meantime, Bitcoin keeps getting developed and having more features (SegWit , Lightning Network and more) which could result in other altcoins to die (DASH could be an example).
I don't think Litecoin will ever take the second place again , (MaidCoinSafe will most then likely take it) & the third place could be for Synereo.

Altcoins should be something unique and not some copies to make some profit. Bitcoin was the original thing , MaidSafeCoin will be used for those who care about their privacy & security for a "Decentralized Internet" and Synereo for "Decentralized Social media" . All those combined will give you the ultimate anonymity and security that everyone is looking for.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 07:54:46 PM

If litecoin doesn't do anything significant within the next month, it is pretty much a useless coin to invest in/hold. People want returns. Litecoin does not provide returns.
Gaugh

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 08:25:49 PM

No matter how much people bash litecoin, the coin will still keep standing, why? Because it is not a clone of bitcoin and transaction fees are low.
losh11

Activity: 299

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 12:16:56 PM

Interesting question...

I think it might increase its position in the future. If you are using Coinmarketcap.com to find ranks, I suggest ignoring Ripple, as it is centralised and manipulated to keep it in such a high position. Even before ETH overtook LTC in market cap, Ripple was ahead of LTC for several months.

But none of this actually matters when most of the Ripple tokens are held by the owners, and there is actually very little usage for the coin.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 12:32:44 PM

Interesting question...

I think it might increase its position in the future. If you are using Coinmarketcap.com to find ranks, I suggest ignoring Ripple, as it is centralised and manipulated to keep it in such a high position. Even before ETH overtook LTC in market cap, Ripple was ahead of LTC for several months.

But none of this actually matters when most of the Ripple tokens are held by the owners, and there is actually very little usage for the coin.

I will continue saying this to either I become tired of repeating myself or people stop using "market cap" as a way of comparison for altcoin markets.

it is a simple and basic calculation trick that these coin (especially Ethereum) has used to become rank number one:
market cap is the multiplication of current price and Available supply

so if you want to compare altcoins using market cap they should have a similar available supply.
here is the trick, a coin like ethereum which is pumped to a high price in the first stage has a huge market cap even if its price goes down because there is 83 fucking million coins available. same thing is true about Ripple there are 35.5 billion coins so even if Ripple price goes down to half the current price it is still in top 5

Only Bitcoin
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1444

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 02:06:24 AM

If litecoin doesn't do anything significant within the next month, it is pretty much a useless coin to invest in/hold. People want returns. Litecoin does not provide returns.

This is very true. LTC is not dead but it is dead in the market and the price is not moving almost. If LTC really wanted to become something more it should have slowly developed the use of ring signatures in its code. The founder and the development team lacks the foresight to make such a move and take risks that is why it is trailing behind other coins. Or maybe they are just lazy and uninspired.

LTC is a very good example of an uninspired coin. Do not follow their example if you are a developer.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Zitdadast

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

LTC fan 4ever

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 02:08:05 AM

Everyone who thinks ltc is dying or will die does not understand network affect and understand how strong the ltc blockchain is.

LTC will be over $20 in 2017-2018 for sure.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1444

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 02:42:23 AM

Everyone who thinks ltc is dying or will die does not understand network affect and understand how strong the ltc blockchain is.

What network effect? There is almost no merchant willing to accept LTC as money. So it does not really matter if LTC was first out there. It is not in the same situation of BTC where being the first really matters because a whole economy was developed and built around it. If LTC was a person he is the guy late to arrive in the party and even if he was early he is the guy that no one paid attention to because LTC is not bringing something new to the table.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
dballing

Activity: 246

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 02:59:08 AM

What network effect? There is almost no merchant willing to accept LTC as money. So it does not really matter if LTC was first out there. It is not in the same situation of BTC where being the first really matters because a whole economy was developed and built around it. If LTC was a person he is the guy late to arrive in the party and even if he was early he is the guy that no one paid attention to because LTC is not bringing something new to the table.

Yea man, a fairly launched coin is shit these days. I'd much rather prefer an ICO/premine coin with many useless features! Great Success Smiley
Zitdadast

LTC fan 4ever

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:15:44 AM

Yea man, a fairly launched coin is shit these days. I'd much rather prefer an ICO/premine coin with many useless features! Great Success Smiley

Me too. Just ignore the reporters and continue stacking ltc.
dballing

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:24:59 AM

Does anyone remember Auroracoin? Yea, me either...
Zitdadast

LTC fan 4ever

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:25:56 AM

I remember it but I also remember vrc and that was dead 100 times over and look at it now.
dballing

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:27:31 AM

I remember it but I also remember vrc and that was dead 100 times over and look at it now.

What about Vertcoin? Rofl!
ZippyPoppers

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 05:06:33 PM

I think Litecoin will stand the test of time. In a few years Eth and Ripple will join Auroracoin and the rest in the dustbin of crypto history.
dballing

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 06:58:11 PM

I think Litecoin will stand the test of time. In a few years Eth and Ripple will join Auroracoin and the rest in the dustbin of crypto history.

I think Coblee created Litecoin just to troll everyone...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: