Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:21:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FYB-SG  (Read 4885 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Nagato (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 04:01:47 AM

Im starting this thread for discussions/questions/information related to FYB-SG. It will also serve as a secondary point of information in the event the exchange server goes down.

Nagato (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 04:02:21 AM

Reserved

Nagato (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 04:02:46 AM

Reserved 2

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 03:29:24 AM

When can you add Maybank as deposit option? Lots of buyers from this side waiting to buy BTC.

Nagato (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 06:38:04 AM

When can you add Maybank as deposit option? Lots of buyers from this side waiting to buy BTC.
I can't seem to find any pricing info on how much it will cost for Malaysians to send and convert to SGD and for me to receive the money.
Do you have a link?

ninjaboon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 08:06:46 AM

try this http://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_info/m2u/public/personalDetail04.do?channelId=&cntTypeId=0&cntKey=ACC09.06&programId=ACC09-BankingFees&chCatId=/mbb/Personal/ACC-Accounts/

ninjaboon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 08:14:35 AM

https://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb/m2u/public/faqList.do?channelId=Personal&faqChPath=/mbb/FAQs/01-Personal%20Banking/FACC-Accounts&programId=OB-OnlineBanking&faqId=ACC04.01-ForeignTelegraphicTransfer&chCatId=/mbb/Personal&faqChId=FACC-Accounts

11. What is the fee for Foreign Fund Transfers?
There is a RM10 fee for transfers to all countries, including Singapore. The fee will be debited from your Maybank Savings/Current Account* and is not refundable.

12. Is there a fee for Foreign Telegraphic Transfer status enquiry?
Yes, there is an RM10 fee for status enquiries via Maybank Group Customer Care (after funds have been transferred from Maybank).

13. Does the recipient have to pay bank fees?
Apart from the RM10 cable charge debited to the sender, the foreign bank ie UOB or DBS / Maybank Group Overseas Unit may charge extra costs to the receiver. This is usually deducted from the total payable to the beneficiary.

14. What happens if the recipient declines to pay the foreign bank charges?
If the recipient does not agree to pay the bank fee, the amount will be charged to the sender. Or, if both parties decline to pay, the transaction will be returned.

15. How much are the foreign bank / Maybank Group Overseas Unit charges?
The amount varies from country to country.

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 08:26:58 AM

[...]

How much is it for a regular wire transfer Maybank MY -> UOB SG? Did you ask them?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
ninjaboon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 05:54:43 PM

[...]

How much is it for a regular wire transfer Maybank MY -> UOB SG? Did you ask them?

I guess we need to call UOB SG.

blackreplica

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 08:03:58 PM

Congrats on starting the exchange. Sad to see the order book so thin though, thr bid/ask spread is just too far apart and way out of line from Gox prices.

I registered an account anyway. Got a stack of coins on Gox I may want to exchange for fiat one day and your exchange would be great for that purpose when your userbase grows (the fact this hasn't happened yet surprises me, isn't our country supposed to be one of the most tech savvy in the world? Or is everyone here content with just spewing cyber-BS on places like HWZ and SGForums)

Keep up the good work

www.sgBitcoin.net - The Premier News, Discussion & Marketplace Destination for the Singaporean Bitcoin Community
edwin_noi80

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:36:53 AM

Thanks Nagato for setting up the exchange, it help to provide greater convenience for us to trade bitcoin. It is quite hassle and time consuming for some of us to transfer money and out mtgox and btc-e. 
ninjaboon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 07:59:21 AM

Congrats on starting the exchange. Sad to see the order book so thin though, thr bid/ask spread is just too far apart and way out of line from Gox prices.

I registered an account anyway. Got a stack of coins on Gox I may want to exchange for fiat one day and your exchange would be great for that purpose when your userbase grows (the fact this hasn't happened yet surprises me, isn't our country supposed to be one of the most tech savvy in the world? Or is everyone here content with just spewing cyber-BS on places like HWZ and SGForums)

Keep up the good work

Yes, only two sell orders that is not enough to fulfill my pending order today. Looks like I have to wait.

Nagato (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 11:56:19 AM

Actually, only the ask side is thin. If you look at the bids, they are constantly building up.

Everytime i see someone sell, all the coins are snapped up within minutes and some people drive it up to 5%-10% above Gox price.
It just reflects the lack of Bitcoins, mining, bitcoin economy in Singapore. The userbase is growing, but they are all almost all buyers, very few have coins to sell.

ninjaboon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 01:14:06 PM

Actually, only the ask side is thin. If you look at the bids, they are constantly building up.

Everytime i see someone sell, all the coins are snapped up within minutes and some people drive it up to 5%-10% above Gox price.
It just reflects the lack of Bitcoins, mining, bitcoin economy in Singapore. The userbase is growing, but they are all almost all buyers, very few have coins to sell.

Exactly, I had to buy at SGD 475 just now, to fulfil my order.

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:24:24 PM

Could we get a confirmation email, once all my open orders are filled?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
ninjaboon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 03:16:38 AM

Yea, good idea. Or free sms confirmation? lol.

Nagato (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 03:45:17 AM

It's on my TODO list, but recent surge in signups has increased the number of queries, deposit/withdrawal workload to the point that i have very little time to code.

Nagato (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 03:53:38 AM

Keep up the good work
Most Singaporeans are clueless about economics and the value of Bitcoin. Besides they have a "foolproof/safe" money making investment in property when the central bank/government are doing all they can to prop up the property bubble via money printing/immigration policies. Dow Jones has the Bernanke Put, our property market has the MAS/PAP Put.

ninjaboon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 11:32:06 AM

Keep up the good work
Most Singaporeans are clueless about economics and the value of Bitcoin. Besides they have a "foolproof/safe" money making investment in property when the central bank/government are doing all they can to prop up the property bubble via money printing/immigration policies. Dow Jones has the Bernanke Put, our property market has the MAS/PAP Put.

+11

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:33:35 AM

A self moderated topic isn't the best thing.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: