Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:33:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you power an Antminer S9 in USA / Canada with 110v?  (Read 43900 times)
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 01:44:55 AM

I am getting S9 delivered today. It was shocking that UPS wanted additional $110 for Customs fee but I have no choice.

I bought an EVGA Supernova titanium(1600 W) and TP link Network range extender.
What I understood from reading this thread is that each miner has to be on its own circuit.
Is there any thing else I need or need to do before I can start my Antminer?

I am complete newbie to all this.  Any input from the experts is appreciated.

Thanks

As long as you are on a proper rated circuit and not overloading it; and you config your TPLink AP to be a wireless bridge, you should be fine.... im pretty sure that's what you were mentioning.

When you are first running it;  pay attention to the power cable for the PSU, and the PCIE cables going to the miner.  They should not warm up AT ALL.  If they are;  you are doing it wrong;  either overloading the PSU, or the circuit.

Most kill-a-watt meters have a built in voltage sense at the plug, so its also a good thing to note voltage while on and off;  If the voltage is on the low side to begin with;  Be cautious and do research on that subject on how the line voltage effects the operation of voltage transformers and their wiring requirements in electronic devices.

How can low Wall outlet voltage be bad?

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: