Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:32:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FailCoin upcoming hard fork discussion thread  (Read 322 times)
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 11:36:50 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2016, 04:19:32 PM by spartak_t

Hello,

Unfortunately, we must perform a hard fork on FailCoin in order to use some of the latest tech... Some of the explanations on the hard fork could be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1014145.msg16065613#msg16065613

The reason for creating this thread is because I am looking for suggestions and there is no need to bump the ANN. We are going to use the latest BlackCoin source as our ground, but we are going to change some things (such as the PoS interest, which should be fixed @ 3%/year). You can help us to make our next release worthwhile.

Thanks,
Spartak

Hello,

I've had another conversation with our Lead developer Panoch, who is leaving to China tomorrow to attend a conference. We have discussed our latest release and it seems that it would be really worthwhile. FAIL is going to use the latest BlackCoin tech, which means that currently Panoch is porting FAIL base to v. PoS 3.0. The issue with our new (still not released) 64-bit wallet should be considered as resolved. What to expect?

• A hard fork Sad
  • FailCoin is going to use the latest QT 5.7 (released 16-Jun-2016), with our own unique features
  • OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY (BIP65)
  • Improved synchronization
  • PoS only, with fixed 3% interest (though its not a final decision)

I'll have more "tech explanations" once Panoch is back from China (4-September) and continue to work, but as I already said - we are going to use the latest BC tech (though we are going to change some things). Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid the hard fork and I hope it will be our last one. We will give enough time (2-3 months (we accept suggestions)) for everyone to upgrade before the hard fork kicks in. There will be no reimbursements once the targeted block is reached.

FAIL team will be engaged in the development process, once we make sure that everything is working. You can see that we are not promoting the coin and we will keep this policy, until we have the solid grounds, which the new tech will provide.

Thank you for those who are keeping the network alive. I am watching the hashrate every single day and it varies between 8 and 15 MH. I know its not much, but its still better than 1.58...

We are still trying to create a new FailCommunity logo (though no new attempts were made since Isaac is currently in the Netherlands and he's busy studying). The discussion thread about the logo is located here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1555342.0

FAIL is 40 days behind with the payment for the CryptoID's block exporer. Only one (0.005 BTC) donation was made. I have already said that I don't have the money to pay, nor I will ask any of our team members to do it. If you want to help - THANKS, if not - the block explorer will be eventually taken down and I'll pay the grace period to fairglu (thanks, bud, really) in a later future.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/fail/
Hosting address: 1BBhk24CBNZqixmcrgJMg9pdqtHHNdhiwS

Kind regards,
Spartak Tomanov

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 03:46:08 PM

You have been the leading force in pushing FailCoin forward for quite some time now spartak_t!

I think integrating OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY is a good set forward, all-in-all I am very excited for the future of FAIL.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 04:27:37 PM

You have been the leading force in pushing FailCoin forward for quite some time now spartak_t!

I think integrating OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY is a good set forward, all-in-all I am very excited for the future of FAIL.

Ah, snap. Forgot to quote the original msg in the thread, but fixed it.

Adam, no need to use nicknames, buddy, you know my name. Cheesy Indeed our next fork should be worthwhile, but we must think twice on every feature before we decide to implement it. I hope that this will be our 2nd and last hard fork. Sadly, there is no other (easier) way. I haven't discussed that with you and the other members, because there is still time. We can arrange another slack meeting once Panoch is ready and explain the "tech side of the new features". Then we can discuss what to use and what not.

Leading force? I am nothing without you! Kiss Smiley 

See ya,
Spartak

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: