Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:54:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - US-based Exchange w/ Margin Trading  (Read 10534 times)
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:33:24 AM

pretty sure today is day 4 and its still not up.....

Can you be more specific about the issue you're having? 

sure, march 28 you said 4 days until launch. Today is april 1st. 4days exactly. I tried to sign up and i cant i get

Service Unavailable

The requested service is currently unavailable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcx (OP)
VIP

Activity: 302
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 02:36:04 AM

sure, march 28 you said 4 days until launch. Today is april 1st. 4days exactly. I tried to sign up and i cant i get

Service Unavailable

It was 4 days until Game of Thrones Season 3 launched.  There is no launch date set for Kraken.com but it is stated in the original post that if you want access to the private beta, you should send me a PM as registration is disabled (503) at kraken.com.

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:39:34 AM

Service Unavailable

It was 4 days until Game of Thrones Season 3 launched.  There is no launch date set for Kraken.com but it is stated in the original post that if you want access to the private beta, you should send me a PM as registration is disabled (503) at kraken.com.
sorry that wasnt very clear to me. I will pm you right now
btcx (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 09:10:40 PM

Then even worst cause there should be no sign up button then or a button that gives those instructions...

The Signup and Login pages now give you a more helpful message.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:29:38 PM

Saw this while testing and thought I would share with the world at large as it gave me quite a chuckle.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:55:25 PM

Unfortunately I haven't had a ton of time to test, but what I have seen I am really wishing was live right now...

All the nice order types (not even talking about margin) and only allowing funded orders I think would have helped remove alot of the strain that gox suffered from yesterday.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
btcx (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 07:22:05 AM

Unfortunately I haven't had a ton of time to test, but what I have seen I am really wishing was live right now...

All the nice order types (not even talking about margin) and only allowing funded orders I think would have helped remove alot of the strain that gox suffered from yesterday.

No worries. We've got a bunch of testers on it now (though we wouldn't mind more).  It certainly has been difficult to resist the temptation to launch amidst all the hype at the moment but we're going to do this right.  It's looking like it'll be about 1 more week to open up trading to the public.  Spread the word Smiley

Also, there is a bug bounty thread going here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166828.0

Zedster

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:50:56 PM

Really looking forward to the site.  Would be nice to hear what testers are saying about it.

I sadly hear rumblings of scam on IRC and I think you may need to squash that a bit.  People are always going to be weary and/or intimidated by a new exchange.  

Any news on when you think you will let her fly?

Wow and now I notice the name Kraken already has a bad rep in the community. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=100913.0  Were you aware of this? 

If this question has been asked in the thread prior I apologize.  I didn't read the entire thread. 
Zedster

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:04:53 AM

Well no answer for a week.  Not a good sign.  Too bad.
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:18:29 PM

Just saw this.  I have a testing account and I can say that I really hope they launch (but who knows with FinCEN) because their interface is superb!

Zedster

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:08:08 PM

Just saw this.  I have a testing account and I can say that I really hope they launch (but who knows with FinCEN) because their interface is superb!

So you are actively trading on the site?  woot! Because it does look very nice. 

FinCEN is not out to get exchanges (yet) but they do want to make them adhere to the laws in place for fiat, KYC and such.  That is totally fair in my book.  I know the total anarchists are opposed but each to his own opinion.  The more BTC tries to stay in some guidelines the farther it will go.

Thanks for the update sir.
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:17:23 PM

I agree that KYC and AML and generally good things.  I was more referring to the startup costs of a new exchange. 

Yes I can actually trade, although with test funds 

teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:20:56 AM

I'd like to try the trading out..  long time bitcoiner, I've traded on them all..

This looks promising.  Wink

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:24:53 AM

I'd like to try the trading out..  long time bitcoiner, I've traded on them all..

This looks promising.  Wink

PM the OP and he will get you setup

bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:51:18 PM

Looks great. Can't wait for the launch.

I also got a chuckle out of the FAQ page. Heehee.
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:50:22 AM

is there an ETA when it comes out of beta - on reddit last week they said it would go live "sometime next week" i believe.
papamoi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:03:24 AM

hi

sending you a pm now

thanks
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:05:42 PM

is there an ETA when it comes out of beta - on reddit last week they said it would go live "sometime next week" i believe.

Last I heard was on May 3rd saying middle of next week - which would be about now.  I suspect it'll still be a week or two at least though - software projects have a tendency to always be late, especially things of this magnitude Smiley
btcx (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:23:55 AM

Last I heard was on May 3rd saying middle of next week - which would be about now.  I suspect it'll still be a week or two at least though - software projects have a tendency to always be late, especially things of this magnitude Smiley

You called it.  We'd like to launch before the conference but we'll see.. we're getting good feedback from the beta and we've got a couple more things we'd like to improve before we take your money.  Funny thing is, 95% of reports/complaints/criticism so far have been about the lorem ipsum text.  I just want to let you know that we've hired 6 more guys to hunt down and squash this elusive lorem ipsum bug, which has plagued us for the past 18 months.  Thanks for all the concern Smiley

myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:25:06 PM

the only question is do you use mtgox to provide liquidity or not ? (on the beta test there was some mtgox data)

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: