Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:29:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex pumping coins  (Read 901 times)
criptix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 09:26:47 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2016, 09:37:46 PM by criptix

So as far as i know they are banning people from the chat quite fast (i was just banned 30 min ago for writing: "LINK THE REVIEW") for either hyping, trolling or writing in caps lock.

I was banned because i was discussing with someone who was hyping Nav really hard with stuff like this:

Nav is going x10.
Nav Rising again to xxxx.
NAV the one and only Anon Coin blablabla

While i was just asking him to backup his obvious lies i was the one that got temp banned instead of the guy who hypes a shitcoin to suck off btc's from tech noobs.
To this time the guy is still going on hyping NAV without mods doing anything and i know from first hand how fast the mods there press the ban button.

So what im thinking right now is that poloniex themself are actually active in pumping shitcoins on their exchange - actually im pretty sure about that.

Be careful when trading on polo and always withdraw your stuff when you are done.
An Exchange would only do such shady activities when they are in dire need of money which means they lost money somewhere somehow.

It might be that Polo will be getting hacked soon. Prepare you butts.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:26:34 PM

Have you tried to contact them and asking them the reason for the ban? I'm interested to find out what excuse the yare going to give .
After the three Chinese exchanges (Huobi,OKCoin & BtcTrade) , Poloniex is considered as number #1 : https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/ so with no doubt , they are manipulating prices , either for BTC or altcoins. It's what big exchanges do all the time.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:49:37 PM

Maybe you were banned mistakenly, but is good to ask the moderators on the trollbox for this.

Of course they are the number one exchange for the altcoins, just check their top trading coins and the first one is leading with 80k+ BTC.

Every exchange is a target for hackers but they try their best to protect their platfrom from hackers, that's why it's not recommended to leave the coins in the exchange.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:56:46 PM

So as far as i know they are banning people from the chat quite fast (i was just banned 30 min ago for writing: "LINK THE REVIEW") for either hyping, trolling or writing in caps lock.

I was banned because i was discussing with someone who was hyping Nav really hard with stuff like this:

Nav is going x10.

While i was just asking him to backup his obvious lies i was the one that got temp banned instead of the guy who hypes a shitcoin to suck off btc's from tech noobs.
To this time the guy is still going on hyping NAV without mods doing anything and i know from first hand how fast the mods there press the ban button.

So what im thinking right now is that poloniex themself are actually active in pumping shitcoins on their exchange - actually im pretty sure about that.

Be careful when trading on polo and always withdraw your stuff when you are done.
An Exchange would only do such shady activities when they are in dire need of money which means they lost money somewhere somehow.

Interesting, I'll keep a closer eye on whats going on in Poloniex. I'm prepared for any exchanges I'm trading on to be hacked - I guess its part of the risk of trading BTC. Making sure everything is as safe as possible my end and hope that the exchanges are nearly as safe as they all claim to be.
dan_and_shan

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 03:57:06 AM

Nav is going x10.

Poloniex was hacked years ago, and it was resolved better than any other exchange has to date,
 just because one mod is trigger happy, doesnt means, the exchange is at fault, I believe that polo has higher integrity than any of the alt exchanges, they will not be paid to add a coin, That speaks volumes in itself, also screening new additions, is at a much higher standard than others.
a blast from the past Wink
http://www.coindesk.com/poloniex-loses-12-3-bitcoins-latest-bitcoin-exchange-hack/

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: