Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:52:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Brand of RX470 and RX480 to buy for bios mod  (Read 1102 times)
brizio71 (OP)

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 10:01:12 PM

Hello,

which r the best brand of GPU for RX480 8GB and RX470 4GB and 8GB to buy in order to modify the bios for optimization of power/performance ?

thanks

▄▄███████▄▄       ▐█     █▌         ██          ▐██████▄▄       ▐██████▄          ██         ▐█▄        █▌    ███████▌
 ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄     ▐█     █▌        █▌▐█         ▐█   ▀▀██▄     ▐█   ▀█▌        █▌▐█        ▐███▄      █▌       █▌   
▐██▌        ▐██▌    ▐█     █▌       ██  ██        ▐█      ▐█▌    ▐█   ▄█▌       ██  ██       ▐█ ▀██▄    █▌       █▌   
███          ███    ▐█     █▌      ██   ██       ▐█       ██    ▐██████▀       ██   ██      ▐█   ▀██▄   █▌       █▌   
▐██▌   ██▄   ▐██▌    ▐█     █▌     ██████████      ▐█      ▐█▌    ▐█▀██▄        ██████████     ▐█    ▀██▄ █▌       █▌   
 ▀███▄▄ ▀██▄ ▀█▀     ▐█▄   ▄█▌    ██       ██     ▐█   ▄▄██▀     ▐█  ▀██▄     ██       ██    ▐█      ▀███▌       █▌   
   ▀▀█████▀██▄        ▀██████▀    ██         ██    ▐██████▀▀       ▐█   ▀█▌   ██         ██   ▐█        ▀█▌       █▌   
           ▀▀▀

A Blueprint for Mapping Decentralized Data

Telegram             Twitter             Medium             LinkedIn
██
██
██
██
██

Data Stamping
Constellation Creation
Enriched data and services
██
██
██
██
██

With Quadrant, any form of

Data can be Authenticated.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
molitar

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:35:39 AM

I can only say one card and the reason for it is that it has a dual BIOS.  That means there will be custom BIOS tweaks for making it more efficient for mining.  No other custom card at this time has a dual BIOS but the Sapphire Nitro and Nitro+.

If you want to know how important a dual BIOS is than let me tell you I flashed by R9 280x once and it failed miserably that part of the card was bricked.. Opened up my case push the BIOS button rebooted back into windows than pushed that BIOS switch and reflashed the BIOS.  That custom BIOS worked for me that time and I was back in business. But if I did not have that dual BIOS I would of had a bricked card and out of luck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: