Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:06:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 0.2 released!  (Read 29071 times)
satoshi (OP)
Founder

Activity: 364
Merit: 6723

View Profile
December 16, 2009, 10:45:36 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2009, 02:11:25 AM by satoshi
Merited by Sword Smith (2), OgNasty (1), vapourminer (1), BitMaxz (1), HI-TEC99 (1), bones261 (1), TimtheYoutuber (1), finist4x (1), dragonvslinux (1), culexevilman (1), hakka (1)

Bitcoin version 0.2 is here!

Download links:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/bitcoin-0.2.0-win32-setup.exe/download
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/bitcoin-0.2.0-win32.zip/download
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/bitcoin-0.2.0-linux.tar.gz/download

New Features

Martti Malmi
 - Minimize to system tray option
 - Autostart on boot option so you can keep it running in the background automatically
 - New options dialog layout for future expansion
 - Setup program for Windows
 - Linux version (tested on Ubuntu)
Satoshi Nakamoto
 - Multi-processor support for coin generation
 - Proxy support for use with TOR
 - Fixed some slowdowns in the initial block download

Major thanks to Martti Malmi (sirius-m) for all his coding work and for hosting the new site and this forum, and New Liberty Standard for his help with testing the Linux version.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
December 17, 2009, 11:36:36 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2009, 01:24:15 AM by SmokeTooMuch

Great! *download*

Multi-processor support for coin generation
Great, now i create much more coins than before ^^

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
RogerRabbit

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2010, 07:31:22 PM

Hello, great work!
Let me just say that I love the idea behind this project, and support it fully. I am very enthused on the direction this is heading and I hope more people soon realize the potential of such a service, that I am now glad to be a part of. Let's hope to see this around for a while, instead of fizzing out into the dark like some other projects I've seen start to prosper.

I never used the previous release, but .2 is working great! Downloading the blocks took a minimal amount of time(around an hour, or a little bit longer), and I had actual credits in my account within around 18 hours. After the first matured credits were complete, it's been working like clockwork ever since, generating new coins within about a half hour to an hour successively. Needless to say, I'm a bit impressed!

I understand the low limitations to these coins now, but in the future the opportunities are absolutely endless. Bravo, Bitcoin!

Also on a sidenote, Tor has been working great for my Bitcoin now. At first it has a little difficulty making connections, but Tor will retry and retry until the connection is established. Some IPs have a more difficult time than others connecting through Tor I've seen, but within a little while Tor will have retry connections and attempt new exit nodes to match you up to the proper connections and will keep those connections open. For peace of mind, I might recommend shutting down Tor completely every once in a while, as I do not think the "Use a New Identity" feature in Vidalia properly configures a new Bitcoin connection, and will most likely keep the same connection open for an extended period of time.

Anyway, here's to hoping Bitcoin stays around a while!
1 currency now

January 12, 2010, 11:57:36 PM

Hi.  I'm considering endowing a cash prize for contribution to the development of a reliable open-source currency.  I'll look at your work soon when I have time. 

I'm interested in an algorithm for a weighted basket of all liquid tangibles (such as those listed on Comex).  Anonymity is a concern, but shared data about pricing of all transactions is vital, and prevention of fraud and counterfeiting is primary.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: