Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:01:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Greg Maxwell is now the owner of Bitcoin. That's all.  (Read 5003 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 05:08:09 PM

Development of Bitcoin is now centralized in core/blockstream/Greg and they want to do as little on chain scaling as possible.

Sad.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 05:26:15 PM

Development of Bitcoin is now centralized in core/blockstream/Greg and they want to do as little on chain scaling as possible.

Sad.

More desperate FUD from a well known XT/ClassicCoin shill. The grab for power by Hearn, Andresen and their gov' bootlicking gang has failed. I suggest you get used to it. Nobody wants a spam-transaction ridden, centralized bigblock Bitcoin-clone.

Core team has done a great job in finding an intelligent way to allow Bitcoin to scale without compromising decentralization. Greg Maxwell is a highly valuable contributor to the project. The attacks on his personality are unwarranted and motivated by pure envy. The road map for Core is exactly right: Trying to scale Bitcoin by exclusively increasing the blocksize is inefficient and dangerous.

The constant smear campaigning of XT/ClassicCoin shills is leading nowhere, because intelligent people quickly discover the truth.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 05:28:09 PM

So that means he will be going to control bitcoin ? If that Greg is now actually and truly the owner of bitcoin he has the power to do anything he want such as making it as a centralized . To make it as centralized i guess it would become our nightmare i couldn't even imagine what would be the effect if ever that thing would happen.
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 05:37:58 PM

see Bitcoin is owned by the whole community involved in it and not a  single person. on what aspects, he has come to this conclusion? please stop posting like this bull shit
TraderETH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 03:29:12 AM

There are many people who have bitcoin right now and it will growing up in my prediction, (include me) even if just 0.001 BTC and bitcoin is for every people and not one people or one country.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 03:37:04 AM

Sad.

More desperate FUD from a well known XT/ClassicCoin shill.

Nope.  I want bigger blocks and I choose my own opinion freely.

The grab for power by Hearn, Andresen and their gov' bootlicking gang has failed. I suggest you get used to it. Nobody wants a spam-transaction ridden, centralized bigblock Bitcoin-clone.

So, if I understand you correctly, wanting to increase the blocksize is a powergrab, but Blockstream
accepting millions in venture capital to develop offchain scaling while employing the most prominent
core developers is not? 

Claiming a blocksize increase will lead to centralization is a dubious argument and nobody is talking
about "clones".  That isn't even the argument being made by the small-blockers.
But, good job squeezing in as much hyperbole in one paragraph as possible.

Core team has done a great job in finding an intelligent way to allow Bitcoin to scale without compromising decentralization.

It's not about decentralization.  That was an argument from 2 years ago. 
Greg doesn't like to talk much to the public but his latest arguments
seem to be around fee based security (which we won't have to worry about
for decades).  Try to keep up.

Greg Maxwell is a highly valuable contributor to the project. The attacks on his personality are unwarranted and motivated by pure envy.

Seems like he made great contributions in the past, but I don't agree with the direction
he wants to take bitcoin.

The road map for Core is exactly right: Trying to scale Bitcoin by exclusively increasing the blocksize is inefficient and dangerous.

Who said it should be scaled EXCLUSIVELY by increasing blocksize?  Yet Blockstream is on the other extreme.

The constant smear campaigning of XT/ClassicCoin shills is leading nowhere, because intelligent people quickly discover the truth.

ya.ya.yo!

This is your opinion. 

Mine:

People already know the truth about blockstream but the miners have for now chosen to
value risk avoidance over everything else.  I'm not saying they're wrong for their values,
but many people know about the clear conflict of interest Blockstream has and do not
agree with core's direction.  The blocksize should not be a part of the protocol rules.

takingthis4

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 12:53:43 PM

Sad.

well yeah it is centralized though the bitcoin as a currency is decentralized, i think that it is still ok enough because of that

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
d4rkv01d

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 04:34:05 PM

Sounds too darmatic. As for me no one can takeover bitcoin by design

Very true. No one owns bitcoin currently bcz its already announce by US government, that no can place patent for things which are already public.

So its totally worth nothing to such arguments or statements.
Even getting some kind of patent won't help taking over bitcoin. it's distributed p2p network...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 04:42:38 PM

Nobody wants a spam-transaction ridden, centralized bigblock Bitcoin-clone.

before blindly hailing core as your god.
realise this.. the statement i quoted of you is actually something core is doing.
again "bigblocks"  4mb vs 2mb  which is bigger.

secondly you think people are against core should automatically be deemed wanting another team to dominate.
to me this is you revealing that you understand that bitcoin is already controlled by dev's. meaning your ok with that, as long as its core

your unending desire to want core to dominate continues to prove you want big blocks of spam that cant be validated and where decisions are controlled by a single small team and a flock of 90 spellcheckers.

the hypocracy of core fanboys is so loud that i think they put their fingers in their own ears and n longer want to hear anything else

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Tanic

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 05:06:54 PM

I did not understand why it is so bad. Well, first of all I don't have an idea who is Greg Maxwell. I would like to hear all the story. So, if anyone has a link or a video, please, post the link. Thanks in advance.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 05:07:35 PM

Is he threatening to do something against the majority's desire and or interest?
Does the  recent late confirms has anything to do with this?
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 03:06:57 PM

Of course "the owner of bitcoin" is obvious nonsense of the same style as "the owner of English" or "the emperor of gravity".  

Perhaps the guy has substantial influence on the open-source bitcoin node software project known as "core"?  

Well that's fine by me.  

The guy has demonstrated intellectual leadership including patience with us retards on bitcointalk and our infantile questions for nearly a decade, and appears to be motivated to educate us, you know, like any sane literate person would do.  And he hasn't demonstrated himself clearly senile or infantile, though perhaps with time he will crack, who knows.  

As far as reputation goes (which shouldn't be that far other than as a guide to get you started), the guy is in my book one of the best in understanding bitcoin related crypto.  This makes him influential?  Yes.  Dangerous?  Not at all.  He pushes some nonsense into Core and that shit will be dumped faster than lightning.  

You don't like core?  Then go use another client already.  I know you're used to fiat slavery but there's no owner here.  Take responsibility and just go ahead and do what you need to do.  

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 07:37:20 PM

What do you mean by owner? If he’s the owner of bitcoin so then all my bitcoin which I’ve been working hard to get belongs to him too huh? Or do you mean that he is the one who is controlling all the bitcoin in the world? As far as I know that no one control it, you only can have some impact on it. So a topic with that title and one-word post doesn’t really persuade me.
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 09:34:35 PM

No one owns Bitcoin right?
puddlejumperzz

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 10:04:37 PM

Not possible for 1 person to "own" bitcoin. This is more paranoia than anything. Cant believe I clicked on the post.
Sir Alpha_goy

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 10:06:54 PM

Not possible for 1 person to "own" bitcoin. This is more paranoia than anything. Cant believe I clicked on the post.

Cheesy

You dove right into that one didn't you.

Good thing this wasn't actually a puddle.

That might of hurt.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 10:29:13 PM

Of course it's bullshit, everyone knows the real owner of Bitcoin is Stephen Mollah

When you search BITCOIN TECHNOLOGY LIMITED on the Companies House site, apart from the fact that it was dissolved in May 2016, it also shows the owner's name as Stephen MOLLAH and a list of grand sounding bitcoin related limited companies.

Search Stephen Mollah a bit deeper and you find this site

Where

The intellectual property office of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland has made public the introduction of a patent application titled "Bitcoin Technology" with which it is intended to register the name of this technology as well as a homonym company and the graphic symbol of bitcoin.

The applicant is called Stephen Mollah , who claims rights to be solely responsible for the invention of the Bitcoin Technology and at the same time the position of Executive Director of the company Bitcoin Technology Limited.

Even the "Decentralised Patent Office" (wow much official) acknowledges him as Satoshi

Invention:  <Bitcoin Technology>

Inventor: Mr. Stephen Mollah

Pseudonym: Satoshi Nakamoto

Date of Invention: 09.04.2007

Patent Rights By: <Bitcoin Technology Limited.

Smiley

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Sir Alpha_goy

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 10:31:24 PM

Of course it's bullshit, everyone knows the real owner of Bitcoin is Stephen Mollah

When you search BITCOIN TECHNOLOGY LIMITED on the Companies House site, apart from the fact that it was dissolved in May 2016, it also shows the owner's name as Stephen MOLLAH and a list of grand sounding bitcoin related limited companies.

Search Stephen Mollah a bit deeper and you find this site

Where

The intellectual property office of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland has made public the introduction of a patent application titled "Bitcoin Technology" with which it is intended to register the name of this technology as well as a homonym company and the graphic symbol of bitcoin.

The applicant is called Stephen Mollah , who claims rights to be solely responsible for the invention of the Bitcoin Technology and at the same time the position of Executive Director of the company Bitcoin Technology Limited.

Even the "Decentralised Patent Office" (wow much official) acknowledges him as Satoshi

Invention:  <Bitcoin Technology>

Inventor: Mr. Stephen Mollah

Pseudonym: Satoshi Nakamoto

Date of Invention: 09.04.2007

Patent Rights By: <Bitcoin Technology Limited.

Smiley

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

nobody owns bitcoin
Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 10:32:55 PM

mikewirth

Activity: 532

View Profile