Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:35:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dubai’s ruler finds empty chairs on a surprise check on government offices  (Read 543 times)
Balthazar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 02:08:04 PM

A bad day to turn up late: Dubai’s ruler encountered a lot of empty chairs on Sunday when he decided to do a surprise spot check on ordinarily busy government offices.

A video showing Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum walking into the sparsely populated offices of the Land Department and Department of Economic Development at the start of the workday was widely shared on Twitter. Sunday was the first day of school.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-28/empty-chairs-greet-dubai-ruler-on-spot-check-of-state-offices

Cheesy Cheesy
otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 02:23:16 PM

Looks like some people are going to be Terminated lol
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:38:04 PM

A bad day to turn up late: Dubai’s ruler encountered a lot of empty chairs on Sunday when he decided to do a surprise spot check on ordinarily busy government offices.

A video showing Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum walking into the sparsely populated offices of the Land Department and Department of Economic Development at the start of the workday was widely shared on Twitter. Sunday was the first day of school.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-28/empty-chairs-greet-dubai-ruler-on-spot-check-of-state-offices

Cheesy Cheesy

i think some workers will be fired in next days. That checking is very shocking for the ruler and the employees. I hope nobody would lose their jobs because the ruler have  a lot of money but the workers havent for sure.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 06:26:57 PM

No. I don't think so. The GCC Arabs are some of the laziest people on earth. Government employees in the United Arab Emirates, on average work for less than 20 hours a week. For the past many decades, they have lead a life of luxury and unlimited pleasure, thanks to the oil glut. It will take many years to teach them how to work.
Balthazar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:06:19 PM

No. I don't think so. The GCC Arabs are some of the laziest people on earth. Government employees in the United Arab Emirates, on average work for less than 20 hours a week. For the past many decades, they have lead a life of luxury and unlimited pleasure, thanks to the oil glut. It will take many years to teach them how to work.
As far I remember, people are able to demonstrate amazing achievements when there is a risk of decapitation.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:47:43 PM

I'm not surprised. Those other 60 put aside, the people from Dubai grew up rich. They've never had to work to make a living, so plenty of them have been given official well-paid positions, but they don't know what work is. All the work in Dubai is done by foreigners.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:39:42 PM

I'm not surprised. Those other 60 put aside, the people from Dubai grew up rich. They've never had to work to make a living, so plenty of them have been given official well-paid positions, but they don't know what work is. All the work in Dubai is done by foreigners.

In the GCC nations, the native Arabs usually refrain from doing blue-collar jobs. If you are a national, and you accept a blue-collar job, then you will become the laughing stock in front of your friends and relatives. The nationals usually look down upon blue collar workers with disdain. That is why there are so many foreigners in these nations. According to the latest stats, natives are less than 10% of the total population of Qatar. In the United Arab Emirates also, the situation is the same.
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 03:21:50 AM

The ruler of Duabi do take things seriously ,it is not like a decoratic governance , actions do happen fast and swiftly ,i am sure some heads will roll or atleast a fair warning. I could see that nine members are being sacked including executive management, directors and assistant director . Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid al-Maktoum is really a hard working ruler and i have personally met him while i was on a visit to dubai. He is just a vibrant ruler with lot of ideas.
Masha Sha

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 05:33:50 AM

Cheesy Cheesy

They were accompanying their children to school... Cheesy

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: