Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:48:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Monero Mining Pool  (Read 745 times)
monerominingpool (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 11:28:02 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2016, 11:44:35 PM by monerominingpool

We've set up a new Monero mining pool

Server is located in Europe and is fast and designed to scale if needed.

Pool fee 1,3%
Devs 0,2%
Total fee 1,5%

Simple setup and instructions!

Stop whining, start mining!

Comments and feedback is more than welcome and first of all, JOIN!

Link http://monerominingpool.com/
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LordCoder

Activity: 712
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 12:24:33 AM

I suggest you put 0% fee at least the first days, so more miners join your pool. Otherwise you won't get a lot of miners. Just my 2 cents.
Das

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 12:12:16 PM

I do not know much about mining, what are the hardware and software requirements for this project, can I mine with a laptop and how long does it take to break even?
Mike8

Activity: 291

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 12:19:16 PM

I do not know much about mining, what are the hardware and software requirements for this project, can I mine with a laptop and how long does it take to break even?

Don't mine with your laptop. Mining means that your CPU, GPU or both will run continuously for days and days. Laptops are not designed for such use and will break. This stands true for any coin you want to mine.

About breaking even.. it will happen only when (if ever) Monero price will rise "to the moon and beyond".
Given that you want to mine with your laptop too... you'd better buy Monero if you want some. It's cheaper than your laptop anyway Wink
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 04:12:10 AM

Don't mine with your laptop. Mining means that your CPU, GPU or both will run continuously for days and days. Laptops are not designed for such use and will break. This stands true for any coin you want to mine.

I guess you are a little wrong.  Smiley I was continuously crunching BOINC tasks on all laptops I have used and everything was OK. Now I am mining monero on my business laptop and it seems OK.

Sure I know that it can break, but it should start to overheat first. I'll just change the thermal grease and thermal pads in this case.  Wink

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Mike8

Activity: 291

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 02:56:00 PM

I guess you are a little wrong.  Smiley I was continuously crunching BOINC tasks on all laptops I have used and everything was OK. Now I am mining monero on my business laptop and it seems OK.

Sure I know that it can break, but it should start to overheat first. I'll just change the thermal grease and thermal pads in this case.  Wink

I was told many times that laptops cannot hold that. Maybe your laptop has something special Smiley although my guess is that somehow your miner doesn't use all the resources..
You are doing this with GPU, CPU or both?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: