Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 06:27:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good mining programs to use?  (Read 1218 times)
Mannyx101 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 11:58:04 PM

Hey guys, I would really appreciate if you guys can help me out. I first want to get a good bitcoin software to use for my GPU or CPU (I know it wont generate a significant amount. I just want to know how to work this before I buy an ASIC). After that, I would need to get a safe ASIC bitcoin mining software. I previously installed some and they were either out of date or they had viruses. I was also wondering if I can use the A7 ASIC miner for litecoin or dogecoin. Thanks a bunch Smiley
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 12:13:18 AM

i suggest you try with nicehash software because with nicehash, you can start mining, but you won't get much profit if you use GPU or CPU. my advice is buy vga cards to mining eth, etc, dash, litecoin if you can handle electricity fee.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Mannyx101 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 09:03:18 PM

Thanks for your reply. Do I have to find a software for each crypto curreny in order to use it?
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 10:40:27 PM

Please don't mine Bitcoin with your poor GPU or CPU; you'll fry it. CG and BFGminer work well for mining, whether gpu or ASIC-related. Specialized software is available for other algorithms, but for bitcoin mining, i recommend buying the R4 or S9 (R4 has slightly higher power use per ASIC, maybe binned ASICs?) for fastest roi, assuming you have electrical costs of near 0.1$/kwh.

Yes, you need special software for dash, x11, scrypt, and all those. Just search '(insert algorithm or coin name here) mining software' and you'll find results in a snap.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 10:04:46 PM

Please don't mine Bitcoin with your poor GPU or CPU; you'll fry it. CG and BFGminer work well for mining, whether gpu or ASIC-related. Specialized software is available for other algorithms, but for bitcoin mining, i recommend buying the R4 or S9 (R4 has slightly higher power use per ASIC, maybe binned ASICs?) for fastest roi, assuming you have electrical costs of near 0.1$/kwh.

Yes, you need special software for dash, x11, scrypt, and all those. Just search '(insert algorithm or coin name here) mining software' and you'll find results in a snap.

Exactly. Mining nowadays it is not recommended to be done with a CPU, especially with a laptop that it is not designed for intensive CPU tasks. Due to the fact that the laptop's cooling system is not as efficient as that from a desktop PC, you'll end up frying your components. That is why it is best to make your own desktop PC mining rig with recommended GPUs like Radeon.

There are many mining software out there, (and those depend on the algo of the coin being used) but I always prefer to use CGMiner and SGMiner. Hope this helps.  Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: