Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:51:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OKPAY Verification  (Read 3639 times)
DaRude (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1768

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 01:55:59 PM

Is it humanly possible to become verified with OKPAY  Huh I'm form US and so far i verified my phone with them by confirming an SMS, send them a scanned color copy of my US drivers license, uploaded two bills from two credit cards, and now a gas AND electric bill. Would a fingerprint and a DNA sample be next?

Verification request SR13030029051

"Feeeeed me Roger!"  -Bcash

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 02:44:52 PM

I'm from the US.
It took about 3 business days for me to get verified.
The bills have to be from the last 3 months - I had to fix that for mine.  Credit cards don't count.  You should use utility bills that have been mailed (no electronic ones).  I used my water bill since that's the only paper bill I get in the mail.

Good luck!

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
navaman

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 10:44:27 PM

I was verified so long ago I don't even remember the whole process except that it is a bit of a PITA.  I was in the same boat as I don't get any paper bills but something showed up and they accepted it.  They definitely operate in the grey area so to speak so they must be extremely careful.

Help develop DarkClam.  The Just-Dice currency of the future.  Helps is needed with development, funding and a lot of ideas.

Go here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1362098.msg13861544#msg13861544
hihohiho

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:00:50 AM

Good luck, getting verified with some site DOES feel like they're going to want a DNA sample next. Tongue
Rishodi

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 12:19:30 AM

I got verified in less than 24 hours. Just follow their instructions precisely.

Bitrated user: Rishodi.
movellan

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:35:47 AM

Is it humanly possible to become verified with OKPAY  ??? I'm form US and so far i verified my phone with them by confirming an SMS, send them a scanned color copy of my US drivers license, uploaded two bills from two credit cards, and now a gas AND electric bill. Would a fingerprint and a DNA sample be next?

Verification request SR13030029051

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=157146.0
DaRude (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:21:14 AM

Yeah i finally got verified. On a separate note, just got an email that my discover card online password was changed (which i didn't change) low and behold someone got in, changed my email, username, reset my password. After jumping through the loops i finally get in and see a charge and a refund for the same amount that wasn't mine. The only new accounts i opened in a while were Okpay and Dwolla (which !#!@# forced me to use my social security# to get verified)

DaRude (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:15:34 PM

Just wanted to post an update. After sending all the bills in and my drivers license i finally get an email stating "Congratulations! Your account state has been changed to Verified." So i send them a wire transfer which they sit on for 3 days or so and then get the following email.

The wire "tranSfer" was initiated from my bank online, so no receipt, and i just got this months statement from the bank meaning the transaction wont post until next month statement!!! So they expect to sit on my money for a month interest free while making me jump through all these hoops?? It'd actually be easier to claim that it was send from a 3rd party, and take a picture of me naked flipping them off?

We apologize for the delay you will experience regarding your wire tranfer in the time being, however, we give you our commitment that this delay will not re-occur next time (should your documents be in good standing).
To verify and confirm your recent bank wire transaction please perform the following steps:

Upload a scanned image of a bank wire transfer receipt or the most recent bank account statement (with the transfer information) into your OKPAY account Profile » General Information section;
    Then create a support ticket to contact us regarding this matter.

In case the wire was sent by a 3rd party to your account, you will also need to:

State the purpose of payment (in support ticket);
    Take a picture of yourself holding your identification document and a paper with your OKPAY WalletID. Upload it into your OKPAY account Profile » General Information section.

bOberr

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:08:21 PM

DaRude, I believe that you can get a reciept or some confirmation document at the bank branch.

But I wouldn't advice you to mess with OKPAY. They will have some crazy idea about you and your money and you will not be able to do anything. By the way, the next step of "verification" is sending them more photos ("to ensure that they are not made with Photoshop"). And later notarized and apostilized copy of ID (we've seen that in Russian subforum).
DaRude (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:50:43 AM

It's my old credit union they have the lowest wire transfer fees but i don't have any branches near me any more. Yeah i can understand them making you jump through the loops to create account (if you don't want to don't do it), but it's another thing when they took my money hostage interest free and now telling me that i have to do stuff before they are willing to release it! And i didn't see anywhere on their site where it says that after i get verified they will take my money and hold it interest free until i can satisfy all of their requests whatever they decide to ask for

nikkus
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:21:51 PM

I have the same problem to get my account verification.

I sended scanned documentation what was accepted by:
Paypal
Moneybookers
bitcoin-central
etc..

But with them this scanned docs are "unusable".

That's amazing!  Angry

1NikkusCFVtadafW15HZw3up9xo23fi5UD
BrettBit

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:24:55 PM

I had no problem getting verified at all. I think I send them a copy of a phone bill and my driver's license. Was verified a couple of days later.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: