Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:29:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 btc in XMR and 10 btc in ETC.... Balls of steel, or plain stupidity?  (Read 3043 times)
kanoptx

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

www.cryptocompare.com

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 12:40:10 PM

they can both lose more than 90% of the value.

why? Shocked

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 04:08:52 PM

they can both lose more than 90% of the value.
why? Shocked
I doubt both ETC and ETH will survive, i expect at least one of them to slowly die(look at peercoin), also the etherium marketcap is very high compared to other alts such as monero(more than 10 times higher).

Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1862

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 04:18:31 PM

It's a good choice but I don't think it'll do great by just holding it long term. Or maybe you already have a target price? Monero might explode again anytime though. I say just trade it actively when there is a good chance.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:24:15 PM

It's a good choice but I don't think it'll do great by just holding it long term. Or maybe you already have a target price? Monero might explode again anytime though. I say just trade it actively when there is a good chance.

Trading you have same chances to lose it all as to get rich.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 07:28:28 PM

why? Shocked

why do they have such high valuations in the first place? they're not being used for anything. they seem to be planning another bunch of hard forks. it's nothing other than software that might deliver or might not. I wouldn't give $50 for software that didn't work, let alone hundreds of paper millions.

people seem to have a blindness for huge numbers. in theory ethereum's market cap's was $1,000,000,000. that's market cap so it's bullshit but there is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be $50,000,000 or $500,000. That still wouldn't reflect the true value which ain't too far above zero.
ETCethereum

Activity: 451
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:49:56 PM

iam choose monero is compare etherum classic ETC
potential grow incraese price is good monero, and big community use monero
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 11:04:26 PM

I actually don't think anyone is using Monero (yet)
and thats the problem.

It appears the darknet market adoption was overhyped and none of the vendors are really accepting it for payments.
Which is crazy since there have definitely been cases of vendors being busted through their Bitcoin withdraws.

I still believe the future will be good for Monero unless it dies with the release of Zcash.
(And you're fucking crazy if you trust Zcash for your privacy. Trusted setup ROFL.)

Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 12:28:59 PM

ETC is the best choice to have right now if you ask me, we are going to see the full potential of it very soon. About XMR, I don't think so that the investment would be very attractive.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 03:34:54 PM

ETC is the best choice to have right now if you ask me, we are going to see the full potential of it very soon. About XMR, I don't think so that the investment would be very attractive.

by the time this topic was created XMR was the hot coin of the day and there were lots of profit opportunities there to take advantage of. and i actually still think that XMR will rise again in the future when this pump is done and over and after a period of silence.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1255

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 04:35:01 PM

by the time this topic was created XMR was the hot coin of the day and there were lots of profit opportunities there to take advantage of. and i actually still think that XMR will rise again in the future when this pump is done and over and after a period of silence.

Yeah I agree, there was a bubble when the thread was created,  I heard that XMR is pretty popular in some trades, though there are lots of controversies regarding this coin that somehow hurt it.  But well pump always happen in the least time expected.  Probably after the accumulation of whales, this coin will be pumped again.
whap

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 10:58:08 PM

Yeah I agree, there was a bubble when the thread was created,  I heard that XMR is pretty popular in some trades, though there are lots of controversies regarding this coin that somehow hurt it.  But well pump always happen in the least time expected.  Probably after the accumulation of whales, this coin will be pumped again.

What controversies? I've been in this community for over 2 years and witnessed no controversy at all. But you'll find a lot of negative aspects if it's your desire, or fits an agenda... I advice to read up on XMR, its rock solid cryptography, and see how devoted this community is. All attacks on Monero so far, on a technical as well as on a political level, have been refuted succesfully. Those 10 BTC in XMR wouldn't bother me. ETC for the moment is just a P&D and has to prove itself first, we'll see if it can form a bottom here.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: