Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:16:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bytecoin [BTE] (Genesis block launch April,1 2013)  (Read 12038 times)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 09:32:59 PM

How can we proceed?

Don't forget to publish a link to the software. And exact UTC time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fundamentals

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 09:37:13 PM

Update:

Bytecoin is the new cryptocurrency designed for those who arrived late to bitcoin mining.

CPU mining is back!!

------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

What I want to do is simple. Launch a Clone bitcoin with a new Genesis Block on April, 1 2013. How can we proceed?

Maria 2.0

Sounds like April fool's joke. If not, at least do something different from BitCoin in your crypto currency implementation.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 09:58:40 PM

Meh, I'm in.  Even if it is a joke Grin

toastytoast

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:15:02 PM

I'm new to the forums, but to be fair even if it is just an April's Fools hopefully it will at least be a good one!  The only issue is I feel some of the doubt people have might be true out of all the cryptocurrencies that have started up have gone down the drain, it seem litecoin and bitcoin are the only survivior, what makes you think Bytecoin will go any differently? Sure it will gain popularity and gain value, but then it is likely to fail, now on the other hand if it doesn't fail all the people who doubted it will be like 'durp' should have jumped on that.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:18:02 PM

I'm new to the forums, but to be fair even if it is just an April's Fools hopefully it will at least be a good one!  The only issue is I feel some of the doubt people have might be true out of all the cryptocurrencies that have started up have gone down the drain, it seem litecoin and bitcoin are the only survivior, what makes you think Bytecoin will go any differently? Sure it will gain popularity and gain value, but then it is likely to fail, now on the other hand if it doesn't fail all the people who doubted it will be like 'durp' should have jumped on that.

That's what I'm thinking.  I wasn't around for any of the other crypto-currency launches, so I may as well get in early with at least one.  Never know Tongue

icellan

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:23:57 PM

I would love to do something similar, but listen to the people that have been in this longer and don't waste your time. This is all about trust and you will have to clime a giant hill to get anywhere with your new currency at this point in time.

I totally get it, as I am also late to the game. I have been breaking my brain for weeks how I can get in the game, but the best you can do is setup a legitimate business around BTCs and invest in a good rep. There is no free lunch around this, but that's why it is starting to be worth something.
Maria2.0 (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:27:46 PM

I would love to do something similar, but listen to the people that have been in this longer and don't waste your time. This is all about trust and you will have to clime a giant hill to get anywhere with your new currency at this point in time.

I totally get it, as I am also late to the game. I have been breaking my brain for weeks how I can get in the game, but the best you can do is setup a legitimate business around BTCs and invest in a good rep. There is no free lunch around this, but that's why it is starting to be worth something.

Please tell me, WHO has been in this longer than me? Besides Satoshi, I started mining on April 1, 2009. My 4 year anniversary is coming in a few days.

Maria 2.0
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:33:31 PM

Yey! Bitecoin!

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
frga13

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 11:31:07 PM

Yey! Bitecoin!

Grin
Maria2.0 (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 11:52:45 PM

LOGO NEEDED!

Anybody with design skills willing to donate us a logo would be highly appreciated. Bytecoin will launch on April 1, 2013 and your logo will be seen by hundreds/thousands/millions

Maria 2.0
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 12:01:15 AM

I thought you were an early adopter and one of the oldest bitcoin miners ever?

If true you should:

1. Know this stuff already.

2. Not want to mess with your own massive bitcoin holdings by coming up with a competing currency.

Unless there is some logic that I am not thinking of here?

Yes that is correct. I am the oldest miner and the earliest of all early adopters. Doesn't that alone tell you something?
It tells me that this is either an april fools joke or you've lost everything gambling.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 12:10:13 AM

Failure, Oh wait!, Nonono Guys its just a joke!, Look at the launch date!

The hilarity of this idea is just as funny as the photo

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
bitbyte

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:17:19 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2013, 03:22:34 PM by bitbyte

I believe Maria 2.0 is on to something.  Despite that the bashers raise valid points, there are some reasons that her vision makes sense.  Count me in.  

1.  We do not all go to the same bank, grocery store or any other business.  Competition draws in new customers from farther away.  Why do you think fast food competitors often clump together?  Maria sounds very persuasive and confident so why not?  Also remember that before the present era of central banks, many countries had independent banks with their own 'currencies' (ie Scotland).  
2. Costs are rising. Mining equipment is overheating and becoming cutthroat, despite the rising currency value.  Rising costs make opportunity for new entrants.  
3.  Too many missed the boat and will jump at a second strongly presented opportunity.
4.  Sticker shock.  $100 for a coin is tough to take, despite the valid logic.  
5.  Mitigation of risk.  If I keep all my coins in Bitcoin and something happens I lose everything.  
6.  Technology shock for users - increasing file sizes during the sync process, etc.  What's it going to be like if there's no competiton?  

So I say bring it on.  Many variations should be tried.  Some will fail, especially if they are too early, too identical or too weak / unmarketed.  Bitcoin seems ideal for international transactions but what about a local system in a major city?  

Just some thoughts from a noob.  

---------------------------------------------------
Be the first!  1GvoVZKEk3Bc4zefF7EUFqJrRTtrYmn8j7   
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 03:52:12 AM

#BitchCoin

FireBerg

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:49:49 AM

I would also like to participate!

PS: Im a noob!!
hellfrozenow

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:21:31 AM

This post is intended to group the right selection of people that are willing to create and support bytecoin.

Can you help us launch?

Considering you seek help in newbie section, it is just joke or your big dreamer?
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:35:33 AM

An exact alt coin, No changes at all. Think of it as a bitcoin re-launch, a fresh start for those who started mining late.

Oh dear, someone's annoyed they missed the boat.

Yeah, you can easy start a new block chain. Won't be worth nothing though. Value == zero.

Epic fail.

Oh dear, how much did bitcoin value when satoshi launched the genesis block?

Sign.... It doesn't work like that.

We don't want 2 blockchains on the go. Think of the confusion with addresses.
You clearly haven't thought this through properly.

What confusion are you talking about? You seemed to be very confused on how competing block chains work. Satoshi himself loved the idea of competing block chains and forks.

Maria 2.0

Well lets enter this fictitious world where you've started a new blockchain and the new coins actually have some value.

Now can someone send me coins to 1H31sodppAm4SqkYipRBxAa8w6Y4NT94KC

What blockchain does that address relate to? The old one or the new one?

I would hope she would at least change the address prefix.  B and b both appear to be available: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/List_of_address_prefixes

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:46:29 AM

An exact alt coin, No changes at all. Think of it as a bitcoin re-launch, a fresh start for those who started mining late.

Oh dear, someone's annoyed they missed the boat.

Yeah, you can easy start a new block chain. Won't be worth nothing though. Value == zero.

Epic fail.

Oh dear, how much did bitcoin value when satoshi launched the genesis block?

Sign.... It doesn't work like that.

We don't want 2 blockchains on the go. Think of the confusion with addresses.
You clearly haven't thought this through properly.

What confusion are you talking about? You seemed to be very confused on how competing block chains work. Satoshi himself loved the idea of competing block chains and forks.

Maria 2.0

Well lets enter this fictitious world where you've started a new blockchain and the new coins actually have some value.

Now can someone send me coins to 1H31sodppAm4SqkYipRBxAa8w6Y4NT94KC

What blockchain does that address relate to? The old one or the new one?

I would hope she would at least change the address prefix.  B and b both appear to be available: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/List_of_address_prefixes

I raised this critical issue, but it appears of been brushed under the carpet.

More interested in closing their eyes and dreaming about how wealthy they will become.

Epic fail.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:06:11 AM

I'm pretty sure if you're taking this thread seriously you're doing it wrong.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:12:28 AM

I'm pretty sure if you're taking this thread seriously you're doing it wrong.

Well I know about the April fool thing. But I genuinely believe people are that stupid to start bytecoin.  Which means the April fool has backfired.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: