Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:48:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about recent run-up  (Read 864 times)
gradient vector (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 04:51:54 PM

I know there's a lot of talk about the crisis in Cyprus sending bitcoin higher but how much of that can really be attributed to people in Cyprus and Russia buying bitcoin? Or is it that current users are feeding most of the price movement because they think people in Cyprus are running to bitcoin? Is there anyone way to measure activity in that area? Anyone one on this forum from Cyprus?
kerogre256

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 05:02:18 PM

I know there's a lot of talk about the crisis in Cyprus sending bitcoin higher but how much of that can really be attributed to people in Cyprus and Russia buying bitcoin? Or is it that current users are feeding most of the price movement because they think people in Cyprus are running to bitcoin? Is there anyone way to measure activity in that area? Anyone one on this forum from Cyprus?
There is more and more news about bitcoin in news, now go and check how many bitcoin available is for trading...
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 05:09:39 PM

Imagine if you were jewish during WWII living in London. Your jewish friends and relatives have been seeing some very anti-jewish sentiment spreading and are uneasy about your own safety and start to talk about possibilities of people starting to come after jews.

After hearing about jews being rounded up in Germany, would you go out and buy a gun?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
gradient vector (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 05:20:10 PM

Imagine if you were jewish during WWII living in London. Your jewish friends and relatives have been seeing some very anti-jewish sentiment spreading and are uneasy about your own safety and start to talk about possibilities of people starting to come after jews.

After hearing about jews being rounded up in Germany, would you go out and buy a gun?

That sounds about right. Sort of explains why I bought into bitcoin earlier this year even before the crisis in Cyprus. The writing is definitely on the wall.
MarlboroMan

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 08:25:26 PM

I believe a lot of bitcoin purchasing is happening in Europe and Asia. This is because when I wake up in California I notice the price sometimes jumps huge amounts overnight, I attribute this to it being daytime in Europe, and when investors invest.
gradient vector (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 08:33:23 PM

I believe a lot of bitcoin purchasing is happening in Europe and Asia. This is because when I wake up in California I notice the price sometimes jumps huge amounts overnight, I attribute this to it being daytime in Europe, and when investors invest.

I noticed the same thing. Around midnight eastern time the prices jumps. I thought it might be investors in europe and asia but it could also be that bank transfers and orders are clearing mt.gox which would be happening in the morning in Japan.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: