Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:27:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you looked at PoSP, the original staking algorithm of CBX?  (Read 1309 times)
UsaLove (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:03:07 AM

The traditional financial markets, and the interest rates have not given any real significant gains to investors since year 2001, taking inflation under account.

CBX's PoSP has 2% inflation for the money offer of the coin, but rewards are around 8-10% because of how the system works.
I know it can be annoying to leave the CBX Vault open at all times; but can you guys tell me if there could be any better staking out there?

I don't see any. Seriously.CBX price is very low when you factor in this staking advantage; I think it's time people discover it.

Main CBX English thread is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=951753.0

AIR PLATFORM

A MODULAR IDENTITY MANAGEMENT SOLUTION BUILT ON THE HYPERLEDGER BLOCKCHAIN    

HTTP://CS.SPHRE.CO
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 08:02:29 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2016, 09:16:07 AM by kiklo

I know it can be annoying to leave the CBX Vault open at all times; but can you guys tell me if there could be any better staking out there?

ZEIT is currently 15% annually until Jan. 2017 when it drops to 5% yearly.

With PoSP, you can make more than the stated interest of 2% ,
but a variable rate that requires continuous connection,
1. Is a pain.
2. May not be possible for some countries with intermittent internet or electricity usage.  
3. Standard PoS coins , don't require it , so they receive more of my interest.

With Standard PoS coins you decide do you want to support the network on your terms, where PoSP requires you support the coin on the Dev's terms.
Also PoSP will favor the whales , standard PoS will be fairer to all of its users.

Cool

FYI:
Also with CBX Staking eligibility after only 1 hour , definitely a coin favoring Whales
UsaLove (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 08:22:31 AM

15% of the whole money offer of Zeit is very high inflation while with CBX the whole money offer grows ONLY 2% while you can make 8%

Also with standard PoS the problem is people can connect 1x per month and get the whole inflation. So security has to be maintained by nodes kept by Devs. With CBX, staking is very decentralized.

Its very decentralized because many different people connect their Vaults to the CBX network.

AIR PLATFORM

A MODULAR IDENTITY MANAGEMENT SOLUTION BUILT ON THE HYPERLEDGER BLOCKCHAIN    

HTTP://CS.SPHRE.CO
Agaguk24

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

Extended Reality Advertising

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 08:39:52 AM

With PoSP, you can make more than the stated interest of 2% ,

Hey earning 15% in a coin that is growing by 15% (which is too much) is not at all the same thing as earning 8% in a coin that is growing by 2%!

With CBX you are earning real staking interest, with ZEIT you are just keeping up with everybody else.

Wink Wink

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 08:50:20 AM

15% of the whole money offer of Zeit is very high inflation while with CBX the whole money offer grows ONLY 2% while you can make 8%

Also with standard PoS the problem is people can connect 1x per month and get the whole inflation. So security has to be maintained by nodes kept by Devs. With CBX, staking is very decentralized.

Its very decentralized because many different people connect their Vaults to the CBX network.

LOL,

ZEIT is 15% for only 1 year, in Jan it drops to 5% annually forever.
So inflation issue will be gone in January.

Yes People can connect once a month and get their interest, but we are a Monolith of a coin with ~35 Billion coins so there is always plenty to stake.
Our coins are only eligible to stake every 20 days, which means the whales can not monopolize the staking process for their benefit like in a PoSP with extremely low time before staking.  

CBX network currently has 28 people connected, ZEIT network has 29 people currently connected.
So there is no major difference in # of users between the two.

The only real difference, is with ours you can better calculate your exact rewards and can support or not support the network , it is the user choice.

If yours gets popular and you get an increase in users, your rate will drop, meaning all those expecting 12% will be a little upset,  when they only receive 2%.

Cool

FYI:
Also CBX has less than 1 million coins, it will never receive the Benefit of being used for Global trade, there are just not enough coins for worldwide usage.
CBX will have to find a Niche market to thrive.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 09:40:46 AM

Cheesy

Looks like CBX team is trying to pump CBX by having it fund an ICO for a project called Quintessence with a 2nd coin called Sparks.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1600250.0

$156,000 pump in the past 12 hours.

Enjoy the Pump, everyone else there is always a dump later , so be careful.

Cool

VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 04:46:10 PM

FYI:
Also CBX has less than 1 million coins, it will never receive the Benefit of being used for Global trade, there are just not enough coins for worldwide usage.
CBX will have to find a Niche market to thrive.

I agree, this is why we are migrating towards a brand new system of currencies, the Quintessence system, where CBX will remain the rare and precious investment part of that system.

CBX will have its niche there...

Spark will be the other token, there will be an estimated 1 billion Sparks, so SPK will be the tool, the token that will be fueling plenty of usage.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 04:53:33 PM

@kiklo,

As far as I know, PoS also favourites the whales. I found out about PoSP probably a week ago and I'm currently researching it.

elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 05:15:50 PM

Block rewards should be an incentive for work provided. This is what encourages network security and processing of transactions. Traditional PoS that rewards for inactivity is illogical. PoSP is fair and encourages decentralization by leveling the playing field far better than any other algo.
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 05:26:56 PM

Cheesy

Looks like CBX team is trying to pump CBX by having it fund an ICO for a project called Quintessence with a 2nd coin called Sparks.

Cool

I don't know about that. All of the CBX being purchased off of the market is going into ICO lockdown during development. With only 1 million CBX out there, there will be nothing existing to dump.

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 12:57:19 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2016, 03:21:24 AM by kiklo

@kiklo,

As far as I know, PoS also favourites the whales. I found out about PoSP probably a week ago and I'm currently researching it.

Lots of people say it, but few examine it.

Any PoS or PoSP coin that allows coins to stake less than 5 days will favor the whales, since they can stake pretty much all of the time and keep smaller blocks from staking.
Coins that only allow you to stake every 15 or more days, decrease the Whales ability to use Compound Interest to their advantage which gives people with smaller amounts a chance to stake. So the shorter the time frame the more Compound interest you can earn and the Larger the Whales become.
Sprouts is a Good example , a high interest 60% per month coin able to stake every 5 days , however the whales are staking so much , that even if you have a million coins all in one block it will be ~20 days before you can stake, people with less than a 100,000 per block will find it almost impossible to stake.

Cool

FYI:
Here is CBX Whitepaper , if you want to study it.
http://cryptobullion.io/white-paper/

FYI2:
No one may have noticed it, but there is a direct financial incentive to DDOS the other CBX wallets when you stake.
If you read their whitepaper, you will notice the interest rate increases when the amount of coins staking decreases,
currently ~250,000 coin staking, meaning the interest is between 7% & 10%.
If Someone Staking was able to DDOS a few of the other wallets and decrease the amount staking to only 100,000 coin,
then the interest rate for anyone still online is 20% instead of below 10%.
So you have a direct financial incentive to DDOS the other wallets.   Tongue
PoSP, has a Built in Backstabbing Incentive.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 01:27:57 AM

Cheesy

Cool

I don't know about that. All of the CBX being purchased off of the market is going into ICO lockdown during development. With only 1 million CBX out there, there will be nothing existing to dump.

Be nice if that were true, but odds are someone will hold their coins and dump before the coins are released from ICO lockdown.
Time will tell.   Smiley

Cool
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 04:55:52 AM

Be nice if that were true, but odds are someone will hold their coins and dump before the coins are released from ICO lockdown.
Time will tell.   Smiley

Cool

Nobody is dumping anything. As devs of CBX, of course we have a few CBX locked up in our Vaults - you think dumping will help our individual or collective situation in any possible way?

We spent years refining CBX, adding PoSP to it on time and as promised even after losing our coding dev, then building a strong and talented community. CBX has a rich history why blow it away in a few trades.

When ICO is over and tough objectives are met, if we have succeeded to secure 250k CBX dumping will be the last thing on our minds. We want to build.
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 05:06:55 AM

FYI2:
No one may have noticed it, but there is a direct financial incentive to DDOS the other CBX wallets when you stake.
If you read their whitepaper, you will notice the interest rate increases when the amount of coins staking decreases,
currently ~250,000 coin staking, meaning the interest is between 7% & 10%.
If Someone Staking was able to DDOS a few of the other wallets and decrease the amount staking to only 100,000 coin,
then the interest rate for anyone still online is 20% instead of below 10%.
So you have a direct financial incentive to DDOS the other wallets.   Tongue
PoSP, has a Built in Backstabbing Incentive.

You forget CBX's inflation profile is just 2%. So DDOSing all of the live Vaults while you run your own solo will earn you a whopping ... 50 CBX per day!

Also, its pretty easy to switch IP addresses as soon as one realises what is going on.

Not worth DDoSing right now, and when it will be worth it (CBX value is going up), appropriate measures will be taken.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 05:27:35 AM

Not worth DDoSing right now, and when it will be worth it (CBX value is going up), appropriate measures will be taken.

What measures will be taken?
Because this is a big issue for any PoSP implementation, and certain to be executed if the coin has any success.

Cool

FYI:
DDOS was just 1 vulnerability, another would be if a small group with majority of coins just set their firewalls to block all IPs except the ones in the group.
Plus not every user can switch IPs at will. (Depends on their Service Provider.)
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 05:44:01 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2016, 06:40:14 AM by kiklo

Time will tell.   Smiley

Cool

Nobody is dumping anything. As devs of CBX, of course we have a few CBX locked up in our Vaults - you think dumping will help our individual or collective situation in any possible way?

We spent years refining CBX, adding PoSP to it on time and as promised even after losing our coding dev, then building a strong and talented community. CBX has a rich history why blow it away in a few trades.

When ICO is over and tough objectives are met, if we have succeeded to secure 250k CBX dumping will be the last thing on our minds. We want to build.

No offense, but last time I checked to build something , you have to pay for services or materials.
Even if you don't unload the bulk of CBX at once, you will have to unload a little at a time to pay for things.
Cause if you found a way to build without paying anything , please share that little jewel.  Wink

Cool

FYI2:  Ok, Slow Dump will be in progress for ICO coins   Cheesy
But that won't include any coins not used in the ICO that someone else holds for the best time to dump, which will be toward the end of the ICO.

Ok let me know if I get this right because this sounds quite interest. I mean you have my attention now I don't think you are fooling around here and I hope you prove us all right.

So this is for developers and it is like a crowd fund for them when we convert the tokens into spark ? How does the developer us the sparks ? How do we get a return on the investment if we exchanging our tokens for spark ?

Cbx is owning on yobit. Damn it doubled.

The CBX contributed to the Quintessence crowdfunding will be sent to a 3 signature CBX address, and will be used slowly in the future for bounties and for paying for development.

When the Spark wallet is up and running, in the ICO site http://cryptotokensico.com/, you will be able to log in and paste your SPK address there to receive your Spark tokens.

Basis price for Spark is 1 CBX per 4000 SPKs - however we will have bonuses like DAY ONE (Monday, September 12th) where you will get 5200 SPK instead of 4000 per CBX contributed.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 09:17:55 AM

Is STRATIS related with CBX? Btw, the price is still over 3 times higher than the ICO.

P.S. I have the CBX whitepaper, but didn't read it yet.

elambert
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 04:01:44 PM

Is STRATIS related with CBX? Btw, the price is still over 3 times higher than the ICO.

P.S. I have the CBX whitepaper, but didn't read it yet.

STRATIS has no relation to CBX. I do not know what STRATIS is.

Let us know what you think regarding the WP.
elambert
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:11:10 PM

Any PoS or PoSP coin that allows coins to stake less than 5 days will favor the whales, since they can stake pretty much all of the time and keep smaller blocks from staking.
Coins that only allow you to stake every 15 or more days, decrease the Whales ability to use Compound Interest to their advantage which gives people with smaller amounts a chance to stake. So the shorter the time frame the more Compound interest you can earn and the Larger the Whales become.

This is not accurate. Lets take a 'whale' with 20k CBX as an example. Yes, they will get the first PoSP block when they stake but then an hour has to go by until their CBX is eligible to stake again (that is 60 blocks for the non-whales). It is not quite the monopoly possibility that you suggest.
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:30:57 PM

FYI:
DDOS was just 1 vulnerability, another would be if a small group with majority of coins just set their firewalls to block all IPs except the ones in the group.
Plus not every user can switch IPs at will. (Depends on their Service Provider.)

DDoS is a very nasty and serious offence. People go to jail for that - and if I was victim of one for sure I would report it to the authorities; US and other countries governments take these things seriously!

If someone is going to DDoS any PoS coin - it better yield much more than 50$ - 5000$ or it's not worth risking going to jail for such small amounts.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: