Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:46:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Precious Metals  (Read 576 times)
Jasmine5002 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 06:28:41 PM

If I wanted to buy bitcoins using precious metals such as gold, silver, how would I do that?
Jama

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 06:39:18 PM

I imagine you would struggle unless there is someone a marketplace who wants what you have to offer.
A quicker (although less cost efficient) would be to sell the metals locally and then purchase BTC with that.

Manstef

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 06:40:03 PM

Yo, I've just been looking into this.

There's site called coinabul who have reasonable prices but I've not seen a lot of good feedback.
http://coinabul.com/index.php/coinabul-buys-your-gold-silver-and-platinum-for-bitcoin-sell-your-precious-metal-back-to-coinabul-for-bitcoin.html
They have a few threads on here but they contain reports of "missing" deliveries and bad relations with the shipping insurers they use.
You could always send a small order to test them out if you can..

Maybe contact user JohnGalt. Seems like an outside investor interested in setting up a 'gold trust', yet he might not be interested in physical.

How much have you got? I might be interested too Wink
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 07:48:30 PM

If I wanted to buy bitcoins using precious metals such as gold, silver, how would I do that?

Are you asking about converting bullion (e.g., Eagles, or "junk silver" coins types of metals) to bitcoins or are you asking about scrap conversion of items like jewelry or what Cash For Gold types of precious metals conversion?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

ECore

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

https://ubikiri.com/

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 08:43:10 PM

Why not sell them on bitmit.net

Integrated Distributed Ledgers
A whole world of different blockchains living together in a single network based on DAG. No more gates, bridges, portals or special nodes connecting blockchains into a single whole. Only one p2p network, consisting of blockchains of various types: from private for state and corporate networks to public for crypto projects.
World Commerce

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:42:21 PM

Yo, I've just been looking into this.

There's site called coinabul who have reasonable prices but I've not seen a lot of good feedback.
http://coinabul.com/index.php/coinabul-buys-your-gold-silver-and-platinum-for-bitcoin-sell-your-precious-metal-back-to-coinabul-for-bitcoin.html
They have a few threads on here but they contain reports of "missing" deliveries and bad relations with the shipping insurers they use.
You could always send a small order to test them out if you can..

Maybe contact user JohnGalt. Seems like an outside investor interested in setting up a 'gold trust', yet he might not be interested in physical.

How much have you got? I might be interested too Wink

Yes, coinabul is a popular choice, though not necessarily the best.
Jasmine5002 (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 11:13:02 PM

Until the acceleration of Bitcoin's value relative to other assets decreases, you are going to have a hard time finding people to transact in unusual stuff.

I look forward to when Bitcoin finds a normal range of values, so that we can get to work building an actual economy.  If optimists are to be believed, that could take some time.

Good comments.  Thnx
xacobe97

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 11:46:03 PM

Sell the Metals in Black Market (Tor needed)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: