Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:41:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How does it feel to have sold < $80 today?  (Read 4257 times)
m3whiteknight

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 01:32:30 AM

I admit I have  a weak hand , sold some at 88 and some at 85 but I was lucky and bought all my coin back in at 77 and some at 84 , so I guess I was lucky. Boy this afternoon was so stressfull and I was scare  Grin Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 01:34:54 AM

I admit I have  a weak hand , sold some at 88 and some at 85 but I was lucky and bought all my coin back in at 77 and some at 84 , so I guess I was lucky. Boy this afternoon was so stressfull and I was scare  Grin Grin

Nice catch.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Bitobsessed

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 01:42:37 AM

I don't know!  I never sell!

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 01:47:15 AM

I don't know!  I only buy!
m3whiteknight

Activity: 95

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:02:36 AM

Haha  Grin   I wish I could buy more , stupid Dwolla holding my tranfer
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 03:20:12 AM

I will bump this thread when we cross 100.

Which time?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
S M I L Y

Activity: 113

https://www.chynge.net/

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 03:56:08 AM

I love these dips.  Shakes the weak hands and strengthens Bitcoin overall.

oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 09:29:44 AM

I don't know!  I only buy!

I don't know, I go leveraged long on these dips, then buy bitcoins with my extra fiats.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:48:17 AM

LOL gotta bring it up again....does it feel good selling < $80 just yesterday?  Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:50:47 AM

Which time?

Both up, and down.

Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 02:44:34 PM

As promised!  Grin

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
SuperHakka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 03:01:43 PM

I sold all my bitcoins except 1 BTC which I am keeping for posterity in an online wallet. The reason I sold was because the price chart has gone exponential if looked at on a weekly or monthly basis. I having 20 years of trading experience on and off. I was trading in the tech stock bubble in the late 90's and even back then there were message forums like The Motley Fool which I was participating in. There were a few "investments" that got me burned, lessons which were worth 10 times the price I paid back then. Pay heed, if after surveying all the price data and the attitude of other market participants, if it looks like a bubble then swallow your emotions, it very most likely is a bubble. Don't get me wrong, I believe BTC will have a long term future, it's just that before then, and very soon, a massive price correction is going to happen and I will be in again.

I stick my neck out, BTC has just broken $100, I believe the price will drop rapidly to $50 by the end of April and will hit $25 some time in May at which point I will be buying again.

Good luck to everybody.

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 03:41:12 PM

I sold all my bitcoins except 1 BTC which I am keeping for posterity in an online wallet. The reason I sold was because the price chart has gone exponential if looked at on a weekly or monthly basis. I having 20 years of trading experience on and off. I was trading in the tech stock bubble in the late 90's and even back then there were message forums like The Motley Fool which I was participating in. There were a few "investments" that got me burned, lessons which were worth 10 times the price I paid back then. Pay heed, if after surveying all the price data and the attitude of other market participants, if it looks like a bubble then swallow your emotions, it very most likely is a bubble. Don't get me wrong, I believe BTC will have a long term future, it's just that before then, and very soon, a massive price correction is going to happen and I will be in again.

I stick my neck out, BTC has just broken $100, I believe the price will drop rapidly to $50 by the end of April and will hit $25 some time in May at which point I will be buying again.

Good luck to everybody.
Doubt that it will be sub $50.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 03:46:27 PM

There are a lot of reasons why this is not the tech bubble.

What we are seeing here is the adoption curve of a new technology. It will hit saturation eventually, and stabilize, but until then, more people are going to find out about Bitcoin every day, and many of them are going to want in. As long as that's happening, expect the price to rise.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 03:48:28 PM

Good luck to everybody.

Why 100? Whats so special about it? Why not 30pi? Its more logical.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 03:50:25 PM

Good luck to everybody.

This.  Still a little more optimistic than I am, but generally, I agree.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 04:55:44 PM

Good luck to everybody.

You guys fail to understand that bitcoins ARE NOT STOCKS.
And also these are not tulips.
This is unique in the history of humankind, a digital currency with very specific properties with a very unique history.
It is definitely uncharted waters, so any experience you might have had with securities, commodities and/or forex, it is absolutely irrelevant.
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:01:05 PM

Good luck to everybody.

This is unique in the history of humankind, a digital currency with very specific properties with a very unique history.
It is definitely uncharted waters, so any experience you might have had with securities, commodities and/or forex, it is absolutely irrelevant.
+1 Everything happens faster on the internet now days. Just look where Facebook was 5 years ago.

- aka The "DigiMan"
00null

Activity: 148

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:28:29 PM

Good luck to everybody.

+1 Everything happens faster on the internet now days. Just look where Facebook was 5 years ago.

Have a look at the number of computers.
Famous quote:
"'I think there is a world market for about five computers' —Thomas J. Watson
All those bears would say that the exponential raise of computers is a bubble. I am sure proudhon would even say that the actual number of computer will fall to single digits soon...

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:36:04 PM

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of DEC

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: