Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:54:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for way to display Poloniex ticker out of browser; Widget?  (Read 1453 times)
SnappingTurtle114 (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 06:06:57 AM

I am wanting to take the Poloniex ticker; (I prefer the EXACT way it is setup now, with favorites, and search, etc..) and have it in a 3rd party view, Out of the whole browser, and have it like a desktop widget, or moveable box the same size it displays in browser.... I tried doing it with python but i never used python much, Im still learning it really. Does anyone know the best way to do this? OR if there is a way or Add On that could help??
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZeroFoxGiven

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:56:21 AM

I did a similar project programming an investor bot. Your best shot is really programming it yourself. To help you with the gui inform your self about pyqt.
SnappingTurtle114 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 02:36:26 PM

Thanks, I will try. Can you suggest how i should go about it? Python? If so should I try to scrape it with API or a Beautifulsoup > Requests? I cant figure it out using others peoples random tutorials from online...  Huh
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 02:59:20 PM

As far as I know, there is no such widget provided by Poloniex.
You can use the API to create one by yourself. There are free codes for nice widgets available on the net. All you need it to fetch the data and itegrate it into the widget.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 03:11:29 PM

I am wanting to take the Poloniex ticker; (I prefer the EXACT way it is setup now, with favorites, and search, etc..) and have it in a 3rd party view, Out of the whole browser, and have it like a desktop widget, or moveable box the same size it displays in browser.... I tried doing it with python but i never used python much, Im still learning it really. Does anyone know the best way to do this? OR if there is a way or Add On that could help??

it is not called widget, if you mean one of those things you place on your desktop (sidebar) they are called gadgets.

for outside of a browser ticker you need to know a programming language. and there are some free bots available open source for many different stuff that you can use.

also in the poloniex API page on top of the page there are links to the wrappers that you can use for this purpose (i think there are python, php and another language that i can't remember)

for creating a windows gadget you need to know html (the gadget is like a IE window) and if you google create a desktop gadget you find a good msdn article about it.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 03:18:59 PM

Somebody knows a way to do this? I want to monitor several crypto coins at once, and i only want to have the price displaying on the firefox tab, because if i have several tabs opened with the charts, my computer starts slowing down. Too much data to handle, I need the ticket only.
SnappingTurtle114 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 03:21:22 AM

it is not called widget, if you mean one of those things you place on your desktop (sidebar) they are called gadgets.

for outside of a browser ticker you need to know a programming language. and there are some free bots available open source for many different stuff that you can use.

also in the poloniex API page on top of the page there are links to the wrappers that you can use for this purpose (i think there are python, php and another language that i can't remember)

for creating a windows gadget you need to know html (the gadget is like a IE window) and if you google create a desktop gadget you find a good msdn article about it.

Thanks for the ideas, I am going to look it up and Try my best! If i can be successful I will defiantly share it for anyone who wants it. That is IF at the moment haha!
guesswho1234

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:40:29 AM

if you are still looking for something like that i recently made a small program that might do what you were looking for

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2237515.0

greetings Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: