Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:24:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The name and shame thread of FUD spammers for market manipulation.  (Read 2069 times)
Zooey (OP)

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:25:29 PM

I saw so much intentional FUD (Fear uncertainty and doubt) spammed in both these forums and elsewhere during the latest flashcrash which amounted to blatant manipulation to promote panic selling and push the price as low as possible.  I've seen this shit happen during the last 3 flashcrashes now and just despise it and the wanton disregard such behaviour demonstrates for Bitcoin and the community.  It's the very least experienced who this hurts; those who perhaps have just bought in to this beautiful thing (as we all want ever more to do) only to witness a crash unfolding before them;  and I just can't abide what I sense is happening to a lot of good people when they turn to these forums for advice during such a time only to see a wall of the kind of deliberate shit that people posted just now.

I think a place to, at least, make a record of these FUDdumpers for what they are just maybe could do some good towards cutting it out before it gets really out of hand.

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
Zooey (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:26:28 PM

reserved.

Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
Zooey (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:32:45 PM

This dickgobbler screamed IN CAPS like a little girl at everyone to 'sell while you still can', but only once the price had bottomed out, of course.  Shameful.

BitcoinTip

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:45:04 PM

You think we care?

Bitcoin will be at $50 within 2 weeks, mark my words.

No seriously, mark them.

You are out of your depth.
Zooey (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:45:19 PM

BitcoinTip
Started the thread 'FEAR!', again:  when we were right at the bottom as shown by his own graph.

Brushan

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:47:50 PM

Great thread! A lot of people embarrased themselves today and deserve no respect.
BitcoinTip

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:49:48 PM

Here's a question.

Why is your username Zooey, yet your profile has your gender set as male?

Bi-gender-curious-much? rofl.
Zooey (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:55:53 PM

No, actually. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franny_and_Zooey

Please don't embarrass yourself further, it's becoming embarrassing.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:58:01 PM

Why did weasel post that exact same thread recently?

Same wanker?

Zooey (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:04:58 AM

Why did weasel post that exact same thread recently?

Same wanker?

Good spot dude;  they use the same images but were posted 5 mins apart; probably all ya can say:

Weasel

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:12:45 AM

Well, the fud didn't exactly worked well, because the crash lasted like a hour or less  Cheesy

the founder

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 12:13:56 AM

Well, the fud didn't exactly worked well, because the crash lasted like a hour or less  Cheesy

I have to admit that was one hell of an hour though...  never want to see that again.

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:15:54 AM

Re: bitcointip, I'm surprised they still bother. The example you posted pales in comparison to this one:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159053.0

Not to mention the filth they posted about Amir Taaki...

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:16:37 AM

I have to admit that was one hell of an hour though...  never want to see that again.
You'll get used to it. Undoubtedly it will happen again.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:21:36 AM

Who fucking cares?  If you're making your decisions about buying or selling based on what's posted here, on reddit or on twitter, then maybe you're way out of your league speculating in the first place.

The market will always have people trying to drive the price up and it will always have people trying to drive the price down - it's the nature of the beast.  Get over it.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Zooey (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:28:26 AM

Re: bitcointip, I'm surprised they still bother. The example you posted pales in comparison to this one:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159053.0

Not to mention the filth they posted about Amir Taaki...

Oh beJesus, I didn't realise it was that retard.

Zooey (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:33:34 AM

Who fucking cares?  If you're making your decisions about buying or selling based on what's posted here, on reddit or on twitter, then maybe you're way out of your league speculating in the first place.

The market will always have people trying to drive the price up and it will always have people trying to drive the price down - it's the nature of the beast.  Get over it.

I fucking care.  If you don't care that's fine, but I kinda care that you don't care that I care, even when you don't care.

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:39:16 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2013, 12:53:51 AM by repentance

Who fucking cares?  If you're making your decisions about buying or selling based on what's posted here, on reddit or on twitter, then maybe you're way out of your league speculating in the first place.

The market will always have people trying to drive the price up and it will always have people trying to drive the price down - it's the nature of the beast.  Get over it.

I fucking care.  If you don't care that's fine, but I kinda care that you don't care that I care, even when you don't care.

Do you care when people are trying to talk up the price because they want to pump and dump or only when they're trying to talk it down?

Do you care that the lag on MtGox means the market can't respond in real time?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 01:29:04 AM

Umm ya, people will try to influence you to buy or sell.

Why not make your own decisions?

There are bigger forces than your few BTC you are trying to buy low and sell high. Just buy or sell based on whether you want BTC or not.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 01:55:55 AM

Umm ya, people will try to influence you to buy or sell.

Why not make your own decisions?

There are bigger forces than your few BTC you are trying to buy low and sell high. Just buy or sell based on whether you want BTC or not.

What's this sell you speak of, Elwar?  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: