Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:34:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The name and shame thread of FUD spammers for market manipulation.  (Read 2069 times)
Zooey (OP)

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 01:58:49 AM

Do you care when people are trying to talk up the price because they want to pump and dump or only when they're trying to talk it down?

Do you care that the lag on MtGox means the market can't respond in real time?

The pump and dump scenario is a debate all to itself and identifying any associated 'talk' difficult as it's a different beast that isn't unlike many innocent bitcoin enthusiasts with a vested interest but no intention to dump.  What I decided to highlight here was the very identifiable, definable sort of crash-specific incitements to and declarations of total collapse which are an intentional deception aimed at fucking the least experienced Bitcoiners right in the ass, and I just don't like us all being ok with having a regular turnover of new adopters sold down the river to make ourselves rich.  Treating such people with a 'fuck them cause they're too stupid to be using bitcoin' attitude is just everything I don't want hear in this community.  I just look at our ideals, and then I look at this thing and I can't help how I feel about that.  

I care more about the Mtgox lag, to be honest Grin and even more still about what looks like an organised, combined market run + DDos attack.  I think it's critical that Mtgox bosses enter into an invloved and productive dialogue asap;  trading any longer under the gox lag is now, simply, untennable.  I hope to hear that communicated unequivocally here, and I'll be off to look for it the second I hit this enter key actually.  I'd like to see some numbers on this DDos attack to have confidence that protection against loss of service from the next is adequate....

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
Zooey (OP)

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:33:44 AM

onesalt

This nobnibbler spammed both 'Economics' and the child board 'Speculation' with the same post (a minute apart) consisting of a graph that has the highest potential to confuse someone of a total collapse with some lovely CAPS about this being the end of civilization as we know it, or something to that effect.

Also of note:  because this cockfiddler has a decent amount of forum posts under his belt I took five minutes to check him out rather than blindly flog a manlover for, say, having a bad day.  In fact I found that these were the first posts from this account in about 5-6 months, which is highly suspect (returning to post market manipulating FUD right on cue in a flashcrash) of this user being directly involved in the wider, organised run than took place on the market.  Furthermore, prior to vanishing, he spent his entire career on these forums spreading FUD about bitcoin like it was the devil itself.

No doubt someone remembers him?   

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
Ichthyo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:43:37 AM

Who fucking cares?  If you're making your decisions about buying or selling based on what's posted here, on reddit or on twitter, then maybe you're way out of your league speculating in the first place.

The market will always have people trying to drive the price up and it will always have people trying to drive the price down - it's the nature of the beast.  Get over it.

I fucking care.  If you don't care that's fine, but I kinda care that you don't care that I care, even when you don't care.

Its a honourable move that you try to care and feel yourself responsible.

That being said, I think you have a way to shallow understanding what a free market is. It is comprised of competing forces, real forces. This means there can be dips (that is, what we saw the last weeks) and there can be corrections and there can be real crashes (mind me, this thingy today was not a crash). These forces carry over to the people, which will be whining, screaming, and trying all kinds of stupid things. To some extend, we should just accept this. If we try to prevent and prohibit such, we'll end up with a world of red tape and language regime.

Also, I think your judgement of other people just from some forum posts is way to shallow. If someone writes OMG IT IS CRASHING THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD -- than this can mean a lot of things. It could be irony or humor, it could be someone compensating a loss he's just suffered, it could be someone really panicking or it could be indeed an (rather uneducated and childish) attempt to influence other people.

Finally there is another issue. I am doubtful that the means you're taking here are appropriate. You are putting people to the pillory, in public. If you really care for other people, it would have been in place first to talk directly to those people. Respond to their posts. Ask them why they are reacting this way. Point out to them directly why you find their behaviour out of place.
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:26:55 PM

I care, not because douchebaggery might affect the market price (I doubt it), but because it weakens the signal to noise ratio of this forum. Take a look at the discussion that went on here a couple of years ago and tell me this place hasn't suffered.

If you can't behave like an adult, you're useless.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
yolo2222

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:32:36 PM

Here's a question.

Why is your username Zooey, yet your profile has your gender set as male?

Bi-gender-curious-much? rofl.

Huh This shows how much of a IQ you have " BitcoinTip" get a life my friend Smiley

Someone with such a username is instantly added to 'ignore list'

Muppets. Muppets everywhere.

greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:36:53 PM

I just look at our ideals,

Such as?
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:46:53 PM

somebody please move this topic to 'garbage sub-forum'.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: