Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:14:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB a used KNC Metal Miner Case for a project. Mercury/Saturn/Jupiter versions.  (Read 420 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:21:45 AM

Hey, looking to buy a old KNC metal BTC ASIC miner case. The Mercury/Saturn/Jupiter type and Empty as heck is fine. Beat up is also OK. I need it for a project.
Just strip everything out and tell me what you need for it. Shipping is not that bad I've gotten a couple, They are pretty light.

Anyway, I keep asking folk and they keep tossing them in the Trash and selling the innards...figured I'd ask here

Willing to pay no more then $50 including shipping......

PM me if you are interested.

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:51:12 AM

I can give you some free. Total 5 bottom and 3 cover.

See for yourself the postage - Find your country in this pdf

https://www.omniva.ee/public/files/failid/hinnakiri-pakk-standardpakk-era-est-en-new.pdf
QuentinA

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:50:45 AM

I can give you some free. Total 5 bottom and 3 cover.

See for yourself the postage - Find your country in this pdf

https://www.omniva.ee/public/files/failid/hinnakiri-pakk-standardpakk-era-est-en-new.pdf

I'd be interested in one inside for memory purpose, if you're emptying one for Searing (no controller, just board and ventirad, maybe fan)

telegram @HaroldFTW
btc escrow - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5156456
3FxaFD37d5SA98sy8t8kkXs3MonwknEziK
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 04:15:54 PM

I'd be interested in one inside for memory purpose, if you're emptying one for Searing (no controller, just board and ventirad, maybe fan)

I have only empty shells. 5 bottoms and 3 cover.
+ 0ne cover with a 10 circular hole for rounded gridseeds.
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:25:07 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2016, 05:36:20 AM by Searing

I have only empty shells. 5 bottoms and 3 cover.
+ 0ne cover with a 10 circular hole for rounded gridseeds.

sent you a pm asking also about amount ..re-reading above it seems you have 3 complete units with one with some holes in the lid (not an issue)

again sent you a pm

thanks ..also put link of project I need them for

server psu mods ..nice to have a metal case like these for such

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1283859.msg15534011#msg15534011

anyway from what I gather (no idea what weight is of these empty) would be like $35 bucks for 2 of them? but I'm guessing
if you could find out with your local country calculator after making a guess at weight for 3 of them (if you want to sell that many) with covers
my address
is

postal zip code 56001

but heck looking like with postage may only get 1 or 2 not 3 ...but again don't have and empty one to guess the weight

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 10:19:10 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2016, 12:36:53 PM by Tupsu

All shipments from Estonia to US are with the same price. You do not need ZIP for this calculation.

Page 3 , row 3
United States
Parcel Fee   12,86 euro  + 4,48 euro 1 kg weight fee

NEW Big Box for  all three cases  - 2.50 euro

Total 3 cases. No holes for gridseeds.3 x bottom, 3 x cover , no screws .
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
It is packed.

Total weight with box is 12,7 kg 12,05 kg

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 11:14:37 AM

All shipments from Estonia to US are with the same price. You do not need ZIP for this calculation.

Page 3 , row 3
United States
Parcel Fee   12,86 euro  + 4,48 euro 1 kg weight fee

NEW Big Box for  all three cases  - 2.50 euro

Total 3 cases. No holes for gridseeds.3 x bottom, 3 x cover , no screws .
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
It is packed.

Total weight with box is 12,7 kg

4,86x13=63,18 +12,86 =76,04 +2.50=78,54 euro

If you still want it, then I put them to the post.

I send you BTC adress after shipping with tracing number.

Sent you a PM. Will get you $95 bucks with tip for such for the three of them (ouch ouch .you had to live in Estonia?) But whatever they are 3 of them. I can use 2
for sure for the server psu hacks and I saved them from the trash heap.

brad

Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 12:35:57 PM

Shipped 3 pieces
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 08:41:11 PM

I have two complete cases without any modifications of any kind.  Shipping from 97229.  PM me if you want them!
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 07:44:34 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2016, 08:20:51 AM by Searing

I have two complete cases without any modifications of any kind.  Shipping from 97229.  PM me if you want them!

Sent you a PM.

Again what I'm using them for is to take Server PSU's (94% Efficiency and Platinum Units) and get like 2680 watts (2 psu's in a slide in backplane and modded cables for such)
or up to 3200 watts depending on the PSU's I snag (usually they are or anyway have been at around 95 to 125 usd each some new most used..backplates are an extra 40 bucks
or so ..then of course wire and connectors)

So instead of paying 300 bucks on www.newegg.com on their once a month sale of Corsair 1200i Platinum 91% efficiency PSU) of $300 usd with shipping on sale
and you can pay with BTC....at 2680 watts to 3200 watts ...double the power! So essentially 1/2 price.

I can MAKE the above for around 300 bucks and with 5 leads that come with the backplate have 94% efficiency dual PSUs in the backplate and pop all this in a Mercury/Saturn/Jupiter

case as the below link shows and the links within that have more details....

May as well get the  info out there on a use for these cases ...it is not like I can use much more of them...its not like Titans are falling out of the sky on Unicorns anymore

Then again this might be a good solution for GPU Ether rigs I guess..anyway here is the link to the hack again

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1283859.msg15534011#msg15534011

kinda klutzy...but still a better way to move them around once they are built..using the KNC cases......so far had 2 running more then 2 months without issue

But if you have such a case laying about and do a little eBay looking and some wire modifications...it is pretty slick

I managed this year to get 7 new knc Titans ..one was a corp dump of 2 on eBay new as buy it now on eBay for 3.5k never used in the box....likely they lost the knc
lawsuit and it was to get the 5k in damages to knc paid back for the loss they had as well as the 1.5k for each titan submitted....(that musta sucked) split it with Maxumark.

Then got 6 of the 24 with Maxumark of the super secret KNC Liquidation Auction..this last month....thus 1 300mh 4 cube Titan (summer one) and then another 6 KNC 400mh new 5
cube Titans (1900 each but with damages and shoddy temp workers they really get about 363mh ave).....you have to know titans ...I guess the 2nd auction
of the 160 titans (changed to open bid ..you can see the price after we killed on 1st 24 on the open auction we got whale crushed by knc insiders imho)
all 160 titans were made new by crummy temp workers and all weremade and tested at 400mh for 1/2 hour without thermal pads!!!! thus why we are average 20% damage on these
units... with crummy shipping boxes damage also why we get now a  363mh average hash rate per 400mh titan....knc: we do evil
well (tm knc)...tough to see all them NEW cubes with on the aveage 1 fried dc/dc as a result....dumbasses 1 die down per cube on a most.

So anyway that is 7 units or 14 psu's needed of the traditional type after all this

Anyway, that COULD have been 14 corsair 1200i new units from www.newegg.com at 300 bucks each if I hit their 1 a month sale on such with rebates and paid with BTC
of $4,200 bucks in PSUs! Add the 2 Titan 5 cubes I have that I want to convert to same that is $5,400.00 of Corsair 1200i units I would need at the sale price as best price.

With the above hack and the Jupiter cases that would be if I converted all (still have to do 3 of them) that would be $2,700 and I gain with 94% efficiency and
also have 2680 to 3200 dual psu units with 5 leads and most important have 15 awg wire vs 16 awg wire and I DON'T HAVE TO USE THE KNC Y ADAPTERS anymore direct plug to cube.....and they run cool to the touch without due to overkill on the psu wattsand of course 2560 and 3200 watt dual psu's in the Jupiter Case is a lot more pop then Corsairs at 1200 watts too boot.

anyway I digress...but there is a method to my madness...so just to get it out there because I likely can't buy all the cases (the price above did not consider
the ave price of 30-35 bucks a case in shipping etc I've been getting them for..that is an aside and people here have been offering them at no cost just shipping)

Well anyway kick it around for a possible use of your cases.....in that everyone has been just letting me have them for just shipping costs (thanks) I likely will
not need many more (heh) ...So check out my hack for a use for such

But it was a damn fine way for me to get kick ass psu's at double the watts and better efficiency at 1/2 the price let me tell you a $2,700 usd savings before
you add the Mercury/Saturn/Jupiter cases I bought...so a pretty big savings for me...likely a pretty big savings for anyone making GPU rigs for ETH or ETH Classic
as well ...

anyway just a thought for you all as a project for your old cases...you can still ask if I want some..if nothing else I'll make a list and if someone wants to contact me
on doing the PSU hack (link above) then I can refer them to you to get a case.....not a big deal ...can try to be helpful I guess on this.they are too cool to toss otherwise
so I can pass along any extra if someone asks about my psu hack

thanks ...hope the above helps someone (even an evil gpu miner .....grrr.....)

later

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 04:46:06 PM

OK I'm full up on cases..thanks to all....no one charged me anything more then the postage...came out to about $35 a case just for postage and for my PSU mods (total: 4 with one as a spare
in case I find more KNC Titans (doubtful) ) Smiley...i

I'll leave the thread open for now for those who just want to jump on here and 'donate' a case rather then it hit the trash....they are nice little cases if you can
figure out a project to use them for....maybe someone else needs a few and will stumble over this thread if not I'll lock it out...

anyway thanks again

brad

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: