Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:00:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila 100 days active  (Read 539 times)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:57:44 AM

That is 2400 hours. It equals about 15 months of full time work. And it has accrued over 4 years, even with some gaps of inactivity in between.

I will write some thoughts about everything, maybe. Or you can Ask Me Anything and I may answer.

If you don't know me, that is fine. I have been both one of the most productive members and the most hated. At the same time, of course.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
BigSirko

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 12:56:21 PM

That is 2400 hours. It equals about 15 months of full time work. And it has accrued over 4 years, even with some gaps of inactivity in between.

I will write some thoughts about everything, maybe. Or you can Ask Me Anything and I may answer.

If you don't know me, that is fine. I have been both one of the most productive members and the most hated. At the same time, of course.

How come your poorer than Roger Ver?  You were a trust fund baby compared to him.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 12:58:04 PM

I don't know how much he has (nor how much I do tbh).

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 09:39:28 AM

Why the insane obsession with Monero ?

And why pay 10 BTC for donator status ?
Back then it must have cost you close to $10,000.00 for a forum title.
I would have spent the money on more important things..

FUD first & ask questions later™
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 12:12:17 PM

Why the insane obsession with Monero ?

And why pay 10 BTC for donator status ?
Back then it must have cost you close to $10,000.00 for a forum title.
I would have spent the money on more important things..

Not sure if "insane obsession" is fair. I have more than 7,000 posts, and perhaps 1,000 have anything to do with Monero.

I am both buying and selling titles for hefty prices. The game is that they give you status, because their presence makes the difference between people who have paid $10k for "nothing" and those who haven't.

People may self decide how they want to spend their money. The poor will need to pit the different wants against each other, but the rich can typically satisfy all their wants, ie. buy a donator tag, and a dinner, and a new car, at the same time. I don't know if buying it has done me any good, but also at the time of buying, having an extra $10k or not, was not of consequence either.

What are the important things you'd like to spend money on?

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 07:15:13 AM

We delved into this topic area before and you deleted the topic and recreated it self-modded remember ?

The reality is i don't want money bad enough and no one is handing it to me on a silver platter.
Some people are lucky and are born with it.. spoiled & privileged.
others have to work hard for it.. but how hard ?

I know i am capable of more but i don't have the desire to drive me to do it.
Hoarding money etc..

I for example made a nice little pile of pocket money from Bitcoin.
I went online with many thousands of dollars with the goal in mind of making a new custom computer
When i already had 2 or 3..
Money was no barrier to me.. i intended on buying what ever i wanted no matter what the cost.
What i soon realized is.. i LIKE getting a good deal and spending my money effectively.
I ended up choosing a ton of PC parts that were on great sale prices.
And half the thing i liked about my PC was i saved so much money on it.

Funny thing is the main reason i wanted it was for PC gaming.
And i literally did not play 1 game on it and after a year i just gave it away (to my sister & her husband)
Full normal price for the parts total was about 5 grand but my sale prices brought it down between 2 and 3 grand.
I was proud of my shopping and parts choices.
I spent more time shopping for the mother-board than anything.. a couple months.
When i started getting tons of deliveries i still did not even put it together for months either.

So i dunno ..i guess i just don't care ?
These days i have two old computers i use.
Since i quit PC gaming so many years ago i pretty much just need to watch some videos or surf the web.
So no need for a fancy PC for that.

I guess i am "frugal" and i enjoy a nice sale.
Even if i have money i still don't "waste" it.

And i don't care about being rich obviously because i am not willing to work hard to get there.
vs some others who are willing to stand on everyone's neck to get there.
I am sure Berni Madoff bragged about money & cars etc.. and he fucked over a ton of people to get it too !
I am not willing to go that far..
And in my experience the ones who have the most money are the sleaziest of them all.
A clear sign of a person with mental problems with their priorities out of whack
and an indication of Obsession

FUD first & ask questions later™
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 07:24:36 AM

We delved into this topic area before and you deleted the topic and recreated it self-modded remember ?

Could be. The world was still young then, and I had things to do. Smiley

Now I am old and seen everything.

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 07:28:22 AM

Ask theymos to take back the Donator status and get your 10/20 bitcoins back.You will be rich again.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 07:35:30 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2016, 08:02:10 AM by rpietila

Ask theymos to take back the Donator status and get your 10/20 bitcoins back.You will be rich again.

In this world, if you become rich and are not willing to become mainstream, you lose the riches.

If you do become mainstream, you cannot use it for anything meaningful, which also counts as losing it.

Not sure which one is more tragic to live in.

I take pleasure I have given more to good causes, than I need to live the rest of my life myself.

So with any sort of karma equality, I should be ok regardless.  Cheesy

bitcointank

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 08:08:40 AM

Congrats dude, you are very old and famous here because of monero, you must have earned too much money from xmr.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 09:26:06 AM

Congrats dude, you are very old and famous here because of monero, you must have earned too much money from xmr.

Nope bro, you are too young to remember that I was originally famous for BTC, even the most famous of all. And this was long before Monero even existed.

Of course, before me, others were famous, and after me, others have become famous, and life is vanity and chasing of wind.

And if I ever made any money, it is thanks to silver. Without silver, I would not have had the initial capital to invest in BTC. Or, more exactly, I would not have had the confidence to wait so patiently.

But since then, oh how much I have lost in thefts and hacks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: