Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:33:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcointalk account allow in one ip/device?  (Read 2092 times)
mrjoy15 (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 09:58:19 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2016, 10:29:44 AM by mrjoy15

Hey,guys i'm want to know,can i open more than one account in this forum using same ip address or device.Here,any rules about this?
Thank You.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:10:36 AM

It depends a little bit for what reasons you create multiple accounts. But so far I can see there are no rules about it only most signature campaigns don't allow to join with multiple accounts. But think that you can tell the best why you want to use it.

Forum rules:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=20333.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14356.0
adibe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:13:54 AM

Hey,guys i'm want to know,can i open more than one account in this forum using same ip address or device.Here,any rules about this?
Thank You.

I think you can open more than one account using same ip address or device and i never see a rule about how many accounts that limited for 1 ip address. CMIIW.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:38:05 AM

I think when you just stick to only a few accounts, then it's not really a problem.

This is of course assuming you are not using these accounts for spamming for signature campaigns, and also not for farming trust, scamming, etc.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Vinz24

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:04:03 AM

From what I know there is no rules for one account/ip. But if your one account scammed or do something wrong here in the forum they will review all accounts in this IP and there is a chance that they will ban all that accounts.

HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:12:21 AM

well, obviously you can make as many accounts as you want at bitcointalk.org, however you can only have signature campaining on one account,
having more isnt allowed. If they will find out, nobody is going to pay you for posts made.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
loremipsum

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:15:41 AM

I haven't also found any rules on this. Shouldn't there be a limit to how many accounts a user can have per IP? It will inevitably lead to spamming, scamming etc.

Coinster

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:21:10 AM

I haven't also found any rules on this. Shouldn't there be a limit to how many accounts a user can have per IP? It will inevitably lead to spamming, scamming etc.

I remember seeing a rule that allowed multiple accounts, but I can't remember where. It's fine to have more than one forum account, even several. The owners/moderators understand people may wish to change their profile even while not scamming anyone. That's why the forum has a trust/feedback system and member badge status which is only earned with time and posting. So even if a person creates multiple accounts it's not easy to make all those accounts have a long, trustworthy reputation in the community.
BAGOBO
Legendary

Activity: 1163
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 01:46:48 PM

Thank You.

AFAIK , there no rule against it.
But as we can see there are some problem that being cause by this statement " using same ip address"
Problem like enrolling into multiple sig campaign , scamming people , trolling people , etc
BestWebCreator

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

:)

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 01:50:50 PM

From what I know there is no rules for one account/ip. But if your one account scammed or do something wrong here in the forum they will review all accounts in this IP and there is a chance that they will ban all that accounts.
Scamming is not a reason to get banned, it will get you negative trust.
There is no rule that says scamming is not allowed, since mods & admins don't have time to control all of this.
nowclever

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 04:07:50 PM

well, obviously you can make as many accounts as you want at bitcointalk.org, however you can only have signature campaining on one account,
having more isnt allowed. If they will find out, nobody is going to pay you for posts made.

No, this is not the general rule to limit a signature campaign, some sig campaign has this term but some don't, so it means tat the forum doesn't limit multi-account to join campaign
MadHatZ

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:04:04 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2016, 07:02:07 PM by MadHatZ

I think if you don't spam or violate forum rules you can create as many accounts as you want.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [D]ecentralized application [E]liminated third parties [C]ontent distribution
  █ DECENT FOUNDATION    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░   JOIN NOW! ICO ⏰ 10th of September
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [E]ncrypted & secure         [N]o borders                  [T]imeless reputation
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 12:02:40 PM

I think the max is variable, depending on how active and high rank your account is and the time gap in between account registrations. If you go over the limit, you will get points of evil on your IP.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 12:08:19 PM

Unlimited, till you break one of those rules.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

Not against the rules doesn't mean we love it.
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 12:11:49 PM

I think the max is variable, depending on how active and high rank your account is and the time gap in between account registrations. If you go over the limit, you will get points of evil on your IP.
The arank and how much you are active does not matter. you can create account every minute if you want to. Just don't use every account to fill the forum with repeatedly spams.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
boki15

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 06:48:23 PM

Which follows in there are no rules Smiley and it is not important what is written in UNOFFICIAL bitcointalk rules, even if some reffer to them as rules at all

IP blocking is just another mistake of human brain of how some think control could be achived. In real, board devs do not show you at all their configs and which values must be there to recognise it and give it evil points. Evil points do not prevent anybody to change ip to an unused one, thats really easy and actually not an prevention for anybody who does not want to pay ranson for evil points of everybody else who used the same. I dont know, does anybody know, people who payed for evil points, do you know if it were really them who were responsible for evil points?

What I see here:
  • no restriction for any abuse as such IP blocking/reward system is not working in real and thats not a secret to anybody.
  • At least I assume, those who pay are innocent, they pay for someone's else evil, there could be many possible reasons why are not they aware of point 1.

But here, I will specify some points  Grin:
  • If you use proxy connection or tor ip's, then forum considers yourself as ???evil??? . However, this is unfair to every user who does want to keep his privacy. This is totaly against any decentralization ideology and actually almost forces you to be "unhidden".
  • If you use VPN connection that are again proxied on their end (something like stealth proxies with 127.0.0.1)

Try it and you will see that it works, there is a ton of VPN offers to try, still cheaper then to pay any ammount for evil of others.

Unlimited, till you break one of those rules.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

Not against the rules doesn't mean we love it.
Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:48:17 AM

Thank You.
Alt accounts or multiple accounts are not disallowed on this forum so why wont same ip wont be allowed.People use different ip or vpn to conceal their different accounts but when it is not against any rule,what is the need of using a different ip?

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
Galaxy23

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:20:35 AM

No Problem , thats forum not Profit site , so you dont Hurt this website with Multi IP/Divice
Soadan
Copper Member

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 04:51:12 PM

There's no rules against it, as long as you aren't scamming or doing anything illegal.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:25:53 AM

As with any site they aren't disallowed but it's frowned upon. There's never really a reason for 30 accounts unless you're spamming all over the place in person signature campaign or you're scamming people. Some people hav 1 alt when they'd away or not on a secure computer (Theymos & shorena are some that I've seen).

If you start spamming on 30 accounts you'll be IP banned. If you randomly make a lot of accounts and don't break any rules then they won't get banned Wink
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: