Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 01:03:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of works accepted by server?  (Read 3552 times)
minerdog (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:52:55 PM

Why is the number of "Proof of works accepted by server" significantly less than the "work units started on". It seems I am doing alot of mining and not getting any credit for it.

Their are two other options "Miscalculations" and "Proofs of works rejected by the server". But both of those always show zero.

I would think if my (Miscalculations=0) and my (Proofs of works rejected by the server=0) then my (Proof of works accepted by server) should equal (work units started on).

I am using BitMinter Client v1.3.2. using my GPU

Note:
I dont really have a professional rig yet. I have been testing it out on my desktop and laptop prior to going out and buying a BFL  "30 GH/s Bitcoin Miner BitForce Little Single SC."

The problem seems to be much worse on my laptop than the desktop. Is it a slow speed issue? Neither the laptop or desktop are very fast. My laptop comes in at a 13mh/s and my desktop comes in at 66mh/s. "yes i know wasting electricity yada yada, It is short term test to determine if I want to invest in a BitForce Little Single SC."

anyways does anyone know what the problem is?
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3670
Merit: 1493

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:12:29 AM

There is no problem.
With every work unit started on you're trying to find a needle in a haystack,
in some haystacks you find a needle, in others you don't. If you don't find a needle, there's nothing to be accepted by the server, no matter how much work it needed to not find the needle.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: