Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 08:31:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0 confirmations for a long time  (Read 575 times)
ihopedso (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 03:18:02 AM

I sent some bitcoins several hours ago and it still has 0 confirmations. The site I sent it too can see it but also shows 0 confirmations.

Anyone have experience with this?
Muhs

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 03:21:05 AM

Just wait it out. I've had transactions without fees take as long as 24 hours. It'll work eventually.
ihopedso (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 03:21:53 AM

Just wait it out. I've had transactions without fees take as long as 24 hours. It'll work eventually.

Okay thanks for the reassurance, I didn't pay transactions fees and I suspected that might be a factor.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 03:22:45 AM

Yes, it's normal, especially if no transaction fee is paid. The network's getting busier and busier these days and there's competition for transaction processing.

A fee of BTC0,0005 is strongly advised, and sometimes required by your Bitcoin client.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Arthur Randolph

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 04:51:59 AM

After a few rounds of frustration, you'll be happy to pays these BTC0.0005. If you compare this to what companies pass on to you with credit card/paypal fees, it's microscopic.
ChickaDee

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 04:54:38 AM

yeah just wait it out.. some people have been experiencing it bu tif u see it on blockchain then you have nothing to worry about Wink
masize

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Rockefeller Oil in his time, Today is BTC time

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:13:15 AM

Can somebody explain me or send me a specific link that describes this process?

You make a transaction, and miners get it?
If I dont pay a transaction fee, they dont mine it?

Please, dont send a generic link of mining, just how transactions work please. THanks

Always BUYING BTC at Last mtGox.
Neteller, Webmoney, Paypal, MoneyBookers
http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=masize&sign=ANY&type=RECV
ihopedso (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 07:44:39 AM

Can somebody explain me or send me a specific link that describes this process?

You make a transaction, and miners get it?
If I dont pay a transaction fee, they dont mine it?

Please, dont send a generic link of mining, just how transactions work please. THanks

That is an interesting question, running into this is making me curious about the process too.

Thanks for the input everyone.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 01:08:12 PM

Miners can decide whether or not to include your transaction in the next block. If you append a fee - BTC0,0005 per KB often more than suffices - they are more likely to do so. Your transaction should still be processed eventually if you don't add a fee. If you're using Bitcoin-Qt and have the default fee set to zero and the client doesn't request a mandatory fee (usually BTC0,0005), the transaction is deemed "high priority" enough not to require the fee (there's a formula used to determine priority based on input size and "coin age").

I strongly recommend appending a fee, say, BTC0,0005 (though you could try BTC0,00025 like I used to), to all transactions. In Bitcoin-Qt you can find the relevant dialog under Settings -> Options...

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: