Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:35:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CPU Mining on my home PC + seperate rig  (Read 545 times)
bitstomake (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 12:44:47 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2016, 01:26:52 PM by bitstomake

Hello,

I am CPU mining at around 100H/s on my home computer.  I have three questions please:

1) CPU temperature is getting to around 90°c.  Am I damaging the CPU and hugely reducing its life expectancy doing this?

2) Could someone please give me a rough estimation as to how much power this is using?  I always left my PC on anyway..

3) I also have a little fleet of PCs.  Is there any device which connects to my mobile phones 4G, then can act as a access point for many PCs and use my mobile phones 4G for internet access?  my phone only allows 3 connections Sad

Thanks
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:38:50 PM

Hello,

I am CPU mining at around 100H/s on my home computer.  I have three questions please:

1) CPU temperature is getting to around 90°c.  Am I damaging the CPU and hugely reducing its life expectancy doing this?

2) Could someone please give me a rough estimation as to how much power this is using?  I always left my PC on anyway..

3) I also have a little fleet of PCs.  Is there any device which connects to my mobile phones 4G, then can act as a access point for many PCs and use my mobile phones 4G for internet access?  my phone only allows 3 connections Sad

Thanks

1) Yes. Make sure the CPU heat sinks are clean and there is good airflow. Check the CPU fan is working properly (check the fan profile in the BIOS

2) check the CPUs specs.

3) You can you your phone as a hot spot depending on your phone's OS. It seems you already know that and that your phone is limited to
3 connections. You would need to put a router between your PCS and the phone to support more. If 4G is your only internet option you
should get a router with 4G (if provider allows)  or a 4G adatpter for one of your PCS and use it as your hotspot.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
vavan1974muz

Activity: 840
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:34:29 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2016, 12:00:11 PM by vavan1974muz

Hello,

Thanks
CPU temperature Intel< 90°c.AMD:<80.all will be good
MOSSAD

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:19:53 PM

Hello,

Thanks
CPU temperature < 90°c.

Sorry,
is there a solution for lowering the temperature of the pc
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 08:25:02 PM

Simply improve cooling system. Add more fans
superking123

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 08:39:26 PM

Hello,

Thanks

1) that's far too hot for any CPU - you need to improve your cooling. Check the brand of your CPU, confirm which socket it uses then buy a new heatsink/fan combo (also check the height of your case)

2) You can use a device like this: https://www.amazon.com/P3-International-P4460-Electricity-Monitor/dp/B000RGF29Q (which will tell you how much the whole system is using)

3) if cellular is your only option, I would do this: https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-MR3020-Wireless-Portable-Router/dp/B00634PLTW. get a new sim card or add a data sim card to your existing plan

1GU7761x1kETD5vB2Pvs99XNWSskm8tKpY
bitstomake (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 01:17:51 AM

1) that's far too hot for any CPU - you need to improve your cooling. Check the brand of your CPU, confirm which socket it uses then buy a new heatsink/fan combo (also check the height of your case)

2) You can use a device like this: https://www.amazon.com/P3-International-P4460-Electricity-Monitor/dp/B000RGF29Q (which will tell you how much the whole system is using)

3) if cellular is your only option, I would do this: https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-MR3020-Wireless-Portable-Router/dp/B00634PLTW. get a new sim card or add a data sim card to your existing plan

thank you very much superking123.  I cant seem to find the info about how many connections the tp link allows at the same time?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: