Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:26:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nova Exchange community thread  (Read 2920 times)
marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:32:18 PM

I am still not able to register, it's only me or are they refusing new clients? It's almost a week now...

You should probably take this as a sign not to register. Look up-thread. It's not clear when, but Nova changed their terms to state that they are in "beta" mode. They openly state that orders might be mismatched, and if the counter party who profits from mismatched orders is able to withdraw the funds from the exchange, you can't recover them. I've never seen terms like this from an exchange before. It's mind-blowing.

And to boot, they have wallets in maintenance for days and weeks on end, and are doing manual withdrawals for a few bitcents! Stay the hell away from this place if you want to keep your money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:58:59 PM

Ok this is just getting ridiculous now, NovaExchange was originally charging for Vote List Addition coins 0.04 BTC which was fine, then they decided to increase it recently to 0.09BTC which was a bit shocking to myself and other individuals just to get onto a Vote List, now they have gone batshit crazy upping the Coin Vote List Addition Fee to 0.2 BTC ..... Really WTF !

They are just Greedy and Shady Bastards especially ripping off the T&C's from Cryptopia ! 0.2 Bitcoin equals = 859.60 USD just to get onto a Vote List Roll Eyes

Just noticed it's now 1 BTC to get listed immediately, with a 35% fee (ie only 65% refund) if they can't add it for some reason.

It was 0.9 BTC in July.

So that's a $4500 USD fee to get your coin added... and they keep $1575 if it's rejected.

They'll probably make more profit by listing some coins, than with trading fees...

You would think that prices would go down as BTC value rises, not up. Do other exchanges charge this much?  Shocked
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:30:06 PM

I cannot log in with my nova account? Are there problems? It will be better if problems arise post something in twitter, facebook and maybe here too.
cryptokevin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 03:33:08 PM

Yeah. I can't log in either. I keep getting a 400 bad request.

Is that what you get?
Cuthbert_Toshi

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:40:00 PM

I can login right now but when I try to make some bid the site just freeze on "please wait.." and the bid never confirmed. Also in the right side,  the markets not show any pair.
Let's wait a while, server problems it seems, but I have to say that the last days aren't the best ones for Nova (extended downtimes, erased entire bookorders ecc..).
silverleafy

Activity: 538
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:50:11 PM

This is posted on the news page:

News
2017-09-08 20:46 - We have to block IP-ranges
We are still under attack and this time it is the login page that we can't disable. Instead we have blocked some IP-ranges where most of the attacks are coming from.
2017-09-08 20:31 - Registration page disabled for the weekend
We have disabled registration page now to free up resources since we are under constant attack. During next week we will hopefully be able to release a new registration function that will be resistant against this type of attack.

I managed to log on after about 6 attempts

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:35:07 PM

News
We are still under attack and this time it is the login page that we can't disable. Instead we have blocked some IP-ranges where most of the attacks are coming from.
We have disabled registration page now to free up resources since we are under constant attack. During next week we will hopefully be able to release a new registration function that will be resistant against this type of attack.

Unfortunately, it really seems like they don't have sufficient resources to withstand constant attacks, which is a very basic requirement for any functional exchange.

It also makes me worry about their security; how much funds/effort are going towards penetration testing? Probably not much, if they can't even keep a functioning registration page up. Be careful sending any funds here!
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:36:35 PM

I can not login either i hope they will recover soon i have a lot of coin there Smiley
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:57:29 PM

I can not login either i hope they will recover soon i have a lot of coin there Smiley
Until now? Seems that this issue occurs in random users because I logged on without any problems yesterday and today. Yesterday some users on trollbox talked about log in difficulty as well, waited for several hours before getting in. I hope they could fix all the issues soon and don't affect balances.
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:08:08 AM

Unfortunately, it really seems like they don't have sufficient resources to withstand constant attacks, which is a very basic requirement for any functional exchange.

It also makes me worry about their security; how much funds/effort are going towards penetration testing? Probably not much, if they can't even keep a functioning registration page up. Be careful sending any funds here!

To be fair, a DDoS is hardly the sign of a sophisticated hax0r.

But yeah, try not to keep your funds on an exchange unless absolutely necessary.

("....but I don't have a wallet!" is not a sufficiently good reason.)
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:18:53 AM

News

Weekend is over and I still cannot register.  Sad I hope they will fix the issue in following hours. It is hurting especially the coins listed exclusively on Nova due to lower volume.
moonswamp

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:53:58 PM

the same, always show me the error:

We are currently doing maintenance on our registration tool and will currently not accept any new users. Welcome back later!

just contacted them via twitter// 

no update on their news page yet....
algernonen

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:45:06 PM

I am having very difficult time with an Exchange, named NOVA exchange. Read my experience below. If my issue is solved, I will let everyone know. I will continuously update my experience with NOVA exchange. If anyone has any idea can help me, please me know.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2170753.0

Why you should be very careful before using NOVAexchange?

The NOVAexchange daily withdrawal limitation is only US$2000. When you submit the withdrawal limitation application to them, they don't give you any feedback.

I and my friend submitted application over 1 week, no feedback, no email reply. NOTHING. We lost a lot of opportunity for buying other coins without withdrawn permission from NOVA.

Should I recommend others use NOVA exchange? NO!
Adbitco

Activity: 1414
Merit: 650

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 09:16:12 PM

I have been using nova exchange for the last few months and I haven't experienced any problems with them. I deposited bitcoin easily and bought a few coins successfully and even sent some other coins there which were deposited and shown in my account quickly so I would say my experience with them has been good but as the other members have had an issue with them I should be careful while trading there in the future.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
DCP

Activity: 110

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:32:59 PM

NOVA EXCHANGE IS TERRIBLE - DON'T USE!

About 5 days ago I transferred $500 worth of ETH to buy BRO so I could setup a masternode. I checked reviews on Nova, couldn't find anything recently bad with them.  I looked at eth and bro wallets inside nova, everything is marked as All Ok!

but its not.  I can't withdraw my bro. I make a withdraw request, it says success and then to click on the confirmation email. But no confirmation email every comes! (not to spam, promotions folder, etc).  I get the 2fa emails right away no prob but I can't withdraw my funds.

Shady as F**   I won't be using this exchange again.     Customer service is non existent.   F*ers!

H ~ O ~ D ~ L
neytron4

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:29:10 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2021, 05:02:32 PM by neytron4

Registration still closed! WTF?
DCP

Activity: 110

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:15:14 AM

NOVA IS A SCAM EXCHANGE, DON'T USE

H ~ O ~ D ~ L
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:00:32 PM

Registration still closed! WTF?  Huh

Registrations are now open and login works smoothly as well. Problem solved for now.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:12:17 PM

Registration still closed! WTF?  Huh

Registrations are now open and login works smoothly as well. Problem solved for now.

Great news, but take this as an opportunity to remove your funds from the site. I would recommend that people do not register at this time. The past two weeks have shown that Nova is completely incompetent at securing a cryptocurrency exchange on a basic level.

Shutting down registrations for 2 weeks and mass IP bans in response to DOS and intrusion attempts? I believe withdrawals are still being manually processed, and many people haven't been able to withdraw for days/weeks. And that note about the "beta" status of their exchange in the terms..... everything about this screams "get out while you can!" Undecided
Mr. Boat

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:18:12 AM

Registration still closed! WTF?  Huh

Great news, but take this as an opportunity to remove your funds from the site. I would recommend that people do not register at this time. The past two weeks have shown that Nova is completely incompetent at securing a cryptocurrency exchange on a basic level.

Shutting down registrations for 2 weeks and mass IP bans in response to DOS and intrusion attempts? I believe withdrawals are still being manually processed, and many people haven't been able to withdraw for days/weeks. And that note about the "beta" status of their exchange in the terms..... everything about this screams "get out while you can!" Undecided

Ahh I see yet another "hack" attempt on Nova.... Roll Eyes

DYOR and you will see they have been hacked before and lost users funds due to their incompetency with running an exchange.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: