Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:08:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL power consumption / Charity Donation  (Read 8968 times)
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:40:01 AM

We are so confident in our power consumption that we are offering up 1000 BTC to charity if we miss our power consumption targets by more than 10%. We are offering our devices at 1 watt consumed per gigahash. If our power targets end up consuming more than 1.1w of power per gigahash, we will donate 1000 BTC to charity! How is that for confidence in our power usage?

With the recent focus on power consumption, we want to reiterate that we stand behind our customers and our products. We have designed our mining equipment to be the smallest, fastest, most aesthetically pleasing and most power efficient mining device available on the planet. We guarantee that in the form of 1000 BTC! When you buy a BFL product, you know you're getting the absolute best mining device available, period.

Last month, we gave an extensive interview to Bitcoin Magazine where we shared many of the "secrets" and technical details everyone has been been waiting to see. In anticipation of the magazine's release, they've put out a couple teaser pictures of our Jalapeno and MiniRig boards.

More pictures are on the way!

1. This quote sounds like someone who had a calculator and thought "hmm if I get X amount of preorders, with Y power consumption and Z hashing power, and sell it for $A then I make billions"

2. "secrets"....that they been lying to their investors the entire time?

3. More pictures mean nothing.

4. They are so confident that they have delivered to date, VAPORWARE.

There is BFL drama on the way. Because if BFL ships a product that consumes more power than advertised it could potentially end the life of the product early, then customers will request replacements....etc, ... all I see is a grim future with their current investors once they do ship whatever they paid someone else to cook up for them and call it an ASIC.

At least from the looks of it a charity will be getting 1000BTC. That is a hefty donation.

Guess whose money that is that is going to the charity....BFL investors' preorder money.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

BBQKorv

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 03:11:14 PM

It's nice to hear BFL will actually do something good for the community. How is the charity been chosen and by whom?
1000BTC is a good donation to whatever charity is decided on.

Hopefully josh will not try to downplay this promise like the seppuku one...
navigator

Activity: 362

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 04:41:02 PM

I agree they should pay the charity if they release with increased power consumption. But does anyone really care about power cost at this point? If the single SC uses double power consumption @ 120watts, then I will have to pay $5/month on power instead of $2.50. Oh noes, where will I find that extra $2.50/month?   Cheesy
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 04:49:50 PM

Oh noes, where will I find that extra $2.50/month?   Cheesy

That's not the point.  Especially when you have 10, 20, or 30 units, or invested in a Mini Rig.
navigator

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 04:51:46 PM

If I was ordering larger amounts, I would have taken power cost into consideration. When people ordered in June, July, they had no idea how many watts the ASIC would consume.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 04:54:30 PM

But does anyone really care about power cost at this point? If the single SC uses double power consumption @ 120watts, then I will have to pay $5/month on power instead of $2.50. Oh noes, where will I find that extra $2.50/month?   Cheesy

It's not just that. The casing, the heatsink and the fan is not designed to handle 2-3 times more power and heat.

I am sure anyone cares about this here:

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Frankie Delaney

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 04:55:49 PM

Missing their power target means the minirig won't run on a standard house plug, which has a 15 amp breaker.
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:09:08 PM

In EU we have 230@16A -> 3680W with 1.5Th. Means 25 Singles with 60Gh -> 147.2W per Single. Cool

But I don't trust them that they can reach their numbers and I don't think they can handle this power with their current hardware design.

I never bet, otherwise I would now ask if there is a bet that BFL will not deliver in April. Seems to be a save way to earn some money...
navigator

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:24:56 PM

I didn't realize the minirig was meant for a 15amp breaker. I rarely deal with breakers that small and would never think of putting a minirig on one. Of course I'm concerned if the boards can handle the power or not. I was talking about power cost alone. Currently a minirig at 1500watts would make $10000/day and cost ~$2/day in power. That's the part I'm talking about. Even if it's double it will cost $4/day.
Frankie Delaney

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:33:28 PM

I didn't realize the minirig was meant for a 15amp breaker. I rarely deal with breakers that small and would never think of putting a minirig on one. Of course I'm concerned if the boards can handle the power or not. I was talking about power cost alone. Currently a minirig at 1500watts would make $10000/day and cost ~$2/day in power. That's the part I'm talking about. Even if it's double it will cost $4/day.

You also have to consider that pretty much every watt in will be converted to heat. If their thermal design is based around 1500 watts, and suddenly it's producing 3000 watts of heat, we're going to have some fires on our hands.
navigator

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:45:38 PM

Yes, you're right, but that's their problem, not mine. My problem is how much the power cost, which I'm saying isn't a problem at all. When there was a switch from CPU's to GPU's, no one was concerned about the cost of the GPU's power usage. As time went on power usage became more and more of a concern. People started tweaking. The same will go for first gen ASIC's, where power consumption isn't very important. They said they would send out more units if power consumption is beyond the thermal design. So you get 2 minirigs at 750gh/s & 1500watts each. If they send me 2 x 20gh/s @ 60watts each for my single SC order, I still wouldn't care. Of course the thing better not blow up or catch on fire lol
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:09:21 PM

In EU we have 230@16A -> 3680W with 1.5Th. Means 25 Singles with 60Gh -> 147.2W per Single. Cool

How do those things make it into the EU? I don't think BFL gets CE approval with this increased power requirements.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:11:59 PM

I am so glad I asked for a refund from BFL back in February and used my refund to buy BTC back when it was at $24. Smiley

- aka The "DigiMan"
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:20:29 PM

How do those things make it into the EU? I don't think BFL gets CE approval with this increased power requirements.

did they ever think to get one, anyways?
NEO2012

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:20:06 PM

But does anyone really care about power cost at this point? If the single SC uses double power consumption @ 120watts, then I will have to pay $5/month on power instead of $2.50. Oh noes, where will I find that extra $2.50/month?   Cheesy

It's not just that. The casing, the heatsink and the fan is not designed to handle 2-3 times more power and heat.

I am sure anyone cares about this here:

Warning: BFL has failed to deliver for >7 months. It could be a scam!

yeah bfl seeem to be  a scam of epic proportions
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:48:37 PM

If there isn't a cancelled check from Josh to a suitable, independent and registered charity within 48 hours hasn't he finally earned himself the scammer tag?

It's obvious they have known for a couple weeks they wouldn't hit their performance spec.

So Josh, where's the proof you kept your promise?

BTW, has everyone noticed what a pretty shade of yellow highlighting Josh has these days?
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:56:48 PM

How about half to charity and half goes back to the INVESTORS THAT WERE CONNED INTO THINKING WE WERE PREORDERING.
A fucking preorder means that your are in the process of construction the final product and are getting ready to ship.
When BFL started taking preorders, THEY HAD NOTHING BUT TEXT, They were NOT "building" anything, It was all think tank brainstorming, and they needed our money to buy thier chips!
Now they are reselling us OUR INVESTMENT!!!

That is just fucked up!, I dont think some random charity should get the money that was aquired from BFL "pre orderers/INVESTORS" under false pretenses!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
NEO2012

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:02:11 PM

If there isn't a cancelled check from Josh to a suitable, independent and registered charity within 48 hours hasn't he finally earned himself the scammer tag?

It's obvious they have known for a couple weeks they wouldn't hit their performance spec.

So Josh, where's the proof you kept your promise?

BTW, has everyone noticed what a pretty shade of yellow highlighting Josh has these days?

THAT  JOSH SLIMY SLIME OF THE SNAKE REALL IRITATES ME MORE THEN BFL ITSELF

TALKS LIKE HE KNOWS ENGLISH USES WORDS HE DOSENT KNOW HOW TO USE

AND LIES LIKE A FREAKIN BITCH WHO HAS BEEN PROMISED A BIG ARAB DICK WITH A ARAB PRINCE ON IT

IF STRING ALONG THE HERD LIKE A REAL SLUT

AND HIS DOING IT LIKE OSCAR NOMINEE MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT

JUST LIKE ANOTHER COOMON FAIMOUS DUCHE LIENG SCUMBAG WOULD SAY
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:14:45 PM

You do not 'get' a CE approval, you declare yourself that your product conforms to the CE rules.

But I don't think that we have to deal with this kind of problems in the next few months. Angry
NEO2012

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:37:01 PM

But I don't trust them that they can reach their numbers and I don't think they can handle this power with their current hardware design.

I never bet, otherwise I would now ask if there is a bet that BFL will not deliver in April. Seems to be a save way to earn some money...

BFL WILL NOT DELIVER SHEAT IN APRIL EITHER

IN THE REMOTE CASE THEY WILL

WILL BE NO MORE THEN 100 UNITS  AKA ORDERS PLACED IN THE FIRST DAY

1000 CHIPS DIVIDED BY 8 CHIPS PER ONE SINGLE 6OGH SC IS 125 UNIT

BUT NOW THEY NEED AT LEAST DUBLE THE CHIPS  SO  62 UNITS

COUNT TEST UNITS DEMOS ETC FRIENDS AND FAMILY

THEN WONT SHIP MOR ETHE 50 UNITS IN NEXT FEW MONhs if they do at all

witch is 50 out of 27000 orders

are starting to see the the picture here?
for all intensive purposes its a scam
they porbbbaly try do somehting jsut so the fbi dosent come after them
for outright fraud
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: