Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:36:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I recover these bitcoins?  (Read 751 times)
teeaazaa (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 08:46:13 PM

BTCBTCBTCBTC

What's occured?

Basically today I purchased some bitcoin, I had previously downloaded Bitcoin classic wallet however I hadn't noticed
that I was still processing blocks. (I still am, 2 and a half years worth left)  Cry

Going on, without acknowledging this I transfered the bitcoin from where I purchased it to my bitcoin classic wallet.
It's been three hours and presumably because I am still processing blocks I haven't recieved the bit coin (Understandable
when I consider that transaction was processed a few hours and I'm currently taking data from 2 years ago)

However, my question is. When the network has synced with my wallet will the [Suspicious link removed]ive?
Also; Is it possible to redirect this bitcoin to another wallet or to a site where I wish to spend it?  Huh

I may have answered my own question but if I'm missing something or you can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Any ways to speed up the processing? CPU is working at about 40%, if I can get it to work flat out on this I'd be grateful
for any info relating to that.

Noobs eh  Roll Eyes 
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 08:55:05 PM

BTCBTCBTCBTC

What's occured?

Basically today I purchased some bitcoin, I had previously downloaded Bitcoin classic wallet however I hadn't noticed
that I was still processing blocks. (I still am, 2 and a half years worth left)  Cry

Going on, without acknowledging this I transfered the bitcoin from where I purchased it to my bitcoin classic wallet.
It's been three hours and presumably because I am still processing blocks I haven't recieved the bit coin (Understandable
when I consider that transaction was processed a few hours and I'm currently taking data from 2 years ago)

However, my question is. When the network has synced with my wallet will the [Suspicious link removed]ive?
Also; Is it possible to redirect this bitcoin to another wallet or to a site where I wish to spend it?  Huh

I may have answered my own question but if I'm missing something or you can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Any ways to speed up the processing? CPU is working at about 40%, if I can get it to work flat out on this I'd be grateful

Noobs eh  Roll Eyes  

The coins you sent to the wallet address will appear once your it is fully synced you won't be able to move those coins until your wallet is fully synced. Even better would be to download the blockchain from a torrent. Estimated size is 90 gigs so synching your wallet may take a few weeks maybe months.

Edit
Just had a look a blockchain from June 2016 is around 64 gig
teeaazaa (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 09:00:19 PM

The coins you sent to the wallet address will appear once your it is fully synced you won't be able to move those coins until your wallet is fully synced. Even better would be to download the blockchain from a torrent. Estimated size is 90 gigs so synching your wallet may take a few weeks maybe months.

Let's say I torrent the blockchain, I'd just copy and paste it into a file titled 'blockchain'? Surely 90gb of data to copy onto my disc or overwrite will take just as long?
teeaazaa (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 09:08:39 PM

I also read that I could find my Primary key and transfer it over to a wallet like Electrum? The funds could turn up there?
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 02:35:09 AM

Let's say I torrent the blockchain, I'd just copy and paste it into a file titled 'blockchain'? Surely 90gb of data to copy onto my disc or overwrite will take just as long?

No you download the torrent and most probably is compressed. Extract the huge file and copy to your installation directory of your Bitcoin app restart and it will extract the data that is needed. May take a while but will be shorter than downloading manually.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4623

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 07:51:46 PM

Please ignore the user "Nobitcoin".  He doesn't know what he's talking about and is giving absolutely horrible advice.

The only correct thing that he's said so far is:
"The coins you sent to the wallet address will appear once your   it is fully synced"

Downloading a torrent of the blockchain will be SLOWER than just letting your client synchronize with the network, so there really isn't a good reason to do that.  If you torrent the blockchain, then you won't be able to process the transactions while it is downloading. You'll have to first download the entire thing, and then your wallet can begin (all the way back to 8 years ago) processing all the transactions all over again.  If, instead, you just let your wallet continue to synchronize, then it can continue from where it is now until it gets caught up.  It already downloads from multiple peers at once, and it is able to process the transactions at the same time that it is downloading them, so you get two things done at once.

Also, it IS possible to "redirect this bitcoin to another wallet or to a site where you wish to spend it".

You can extract the private key of the bitcoin address that you sent the bitcoins to, and you can then import that private key into any SPV wallet or website account that allows importing of private keys.  That will give you immediate access to the bitcoins so you can spend them.
teeaazaa (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 11:32:52 PM

Also, it IS possible to "redirect this bitcoin to another wallet or to a site where you wish to spend it".

You can extract the private key of the bitcoin address that you sent the bitcoins to, and you can then import that private key into any SPV wallet or website account that allows importing of private keys.  That will give you immediate access to the bitcoins so you can spend them.

Lovely! Thank you so much for that information. If I could ask, how would I extract the private key?

Again, thank you for providing such good incite.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Merit: 6587

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 11:45:17 PM

Lovely! Thank you so much for that information. If I could ask, how would I extract the private key?

You have to open the Debug Console and use
Code:
dumpprivkey <address>
where <address> is the address you want the private key of. If your wallet is locked, you will need to do
Code:
walletpassphrase <passphrase> 120
where <passphrase> is your passphrase. This will unlock your wallet for 120 seconds so that you can do dumpprivkey for all of the addresses that you need.

john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 11:51:54 PM

You have to open the Debug Console and use
Code:
dumpprivkey <address>
where <address> is the address you want the private key of. If your wallet is locked, you will need to do
Code:
walletpassphrase <passphrase> 120
where <passphrase> is your passphrase. This will unlock your wallet for 120 seconds so that you can do dumpprivkey for all of the addresses that you need.
This method should work and anytime you can use private key to install in other wallet like electrum or block chain.. am i right sir?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Merit: 6587

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2016, 12:14:47 AM

This method should work and anytime you can use private key to install in other wallet like electrum or block chain.. am i right sir?
It works to extract the private key of an address from Bitcoin Core and all of its derivatives. This private key is in Wallet Import Format so it can be imported into any wallet that supports WIF (basically every wallet out there).

ERossin

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:17:42 PM

BTCBTCBTCBTC

What's occured?

that I was still processing blocks. (I still am, 2 and a half years worth left)  Cry

Also; Is it possible to redirect this bitcoin to another wallet or to a site where I wish to spend it?  Huh

Noobs eh  Roll Eyes 

Do not worry about this. you will have your bitcoin surely but you must wait for 3-5 days for fully synced and it will be appeared on your wallet.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■    PRIVATE SALE is LIVE    ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
Skynet
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███