Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:22:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions for the almighty developer gods from a nooby-in-need  (Read 306 times)
BitWhale (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 06:17:24 AM

Hello Ladies and Gents,

First off I would like to thank you for your time to just read this thread and consider answering. I figured the best place to ask this question would be the BTC forums, though I am unsure if this is the right sub-section. If it is incorrect, please forgive me and feel free to move this post to the correct spot. Thank you!

Here's my question:

I am going to put myself through some coding courses in order to learn how to do some basic coding. My goals with coding would have me able to code trading bots, arbitrage bots, simple/intermediate mobile apps, gaming bots, and possibly even some data mining.

I know that there is many different languages to choose from, I'd love to jump right in and learn C++ but I know that is a extremely hard and time consuming. From what I have been reading, It seems that there are a handful of coding languages that would fit my needs (and also be semi-easy for a beginner to learn).

It seems that Python, Ruby, and JavaScript (Node.JS) are the most common three.

Which language would be the quickest to learn and most suitable for creating trade bots that would interact with various exchanges. I would need the programs to be able to interact with both web interfaces and program interfaces.

Would this programming language work well with programs such as the gaming app "Steam"?

I realize that there probably isn't a "One size fits all" language, but which would get me the closest and what type of things would I not be able to do?

Again, Thank you for your time and knowledge. I appreciate the time you've taken to answer my questions. Have a great day ladies & gents,  keep up the amazing work!

Much appreciated
Sincerely,

Bitwhale
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: