Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:48:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying and selling anonymously + more quesitons  (Read 747 times)
realgoonkilla (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 06:45:47 PM

Hey bitcoin people! So I have a few beginner questions,

1) Do I manage my bitcoins on a website or must I download a program? What's the best anonymous website/program?

2) What's the most anonymous way of buying and selling bitcoins?
 I read something about buying and selling directly with people instead of a company?

3) Is it true that you can "delete" your bitcoin transaction history by mixing your bitcoins with other people's bitcoins and then you receive back "anonymous" bitcoins ? If yes, what's the best website/program?

4) When I sell a bitcoin, what currency will I receive and does it go to my bitcoin account or where?

5) Finally, what's the most anonymous/best way to withdraw my money? Do i have to convert the money?Do i send the money to my paypal and then to bank account? 

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6134

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 06:57:04 PM

1) Do I manage my bitcoins on a website or must I download a program? What's the best anonymous website/program?

I read something about buying and selling directly with people instead of a company?

3) Is it true that you can "delete" your bitcoin transaction history by mixing your bitcoins with other people's bitcoins and then you receive back "anonymous" bitcoins ? If yes, what's the best website/program?

4) When I sell a bitcoin, what currency will I receive and does it go to my bitcoin account or where?

5) Finally, what's the most anonymous/best way to withdraw my money? Do i have to convert the money?Do i send the money to my paypal and then to bank account? 

Thanks

1. I wouldn't recommend storing your coins in a website personally , check the wallets you should download here : https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet (I recommend Electrum as you don't have to download the blockchain file and you can recover your wallet anytime anywhere from a 12 words seed in case of a computer failure)

2. Most of exchanges (the companies that allow you to sell and buy BTC) ask you for ID verification which defeats the whole purpose of using Bitcoin in the first place, I would recommend trading with Individuals on Bitcointalk (currency exchange section) using different payment methods. (make sure to trade with trusted people and not using reversible payment methods)

3. It's impossible to delete your transaction , If you want to mix your coins (It makes it confusing for whoever is trying to track you) , Bitmixer.io is the best website and the most known/legit out there.

4. It's up to you? I mean If you are selling your Bitcoins to some one who have PayPal then you receive PayPal $, etc... It really depends on you and the guy you are trading with

5. Both PayPal and banks account have your name and information's so I'm not sure how is that anonymous , instead you could use a Bitcoin debit card service that doesn't ask you for ID verification , put the coins there and withdraw from ATM. Honestly there is a lot of possibilities but It all depends on your location and your resources etc...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 07:06:21 PM

In my opinion and i think general concesus is that you secure your own private keys.  if you are looking to spen bitcoin then a good mobile wallet is good.  If looking to save long term then a paper wallet or hardwarewallet

buying from either people you know who are selling or localbitcoins or a decentralised exchange like Bitsquare

i dont really have enough info on this to help you out but i do know you can use a mixer service to do this or maybe just send your coins to an exchange.  there are risks associated with this tho.  be careful
If you sell bitcoin you will sell in your own fiat currency and it will eventually end up in your bank account
If you sell through an exchange then the money will go to your bank account usually
Coinster

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 07:23:30 PM

Hi realgoonkilla, and welcome!

It's your choice. The simplest way is use an online wallet such as blockchain.info or Block.io. Be careful about any online wallets or exchanges where you send coins! Many people have lost coins due to theft or incompetence of the services they trusted with their coins. The longest established online wallet is Blockchain.info. To really control your own coins (which is what Bitcoin is about) you should run your own software. Again you have a choice. A popular recommendation is using a "lightweight" wallet like Electrum. See this page for a good wallet guide: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

Yes, it's most anonymous to use a peer-to-peer service like LocalBitcoins.com. For example, to buy coins find a Cash Deposit trade on LBC, follow the Seller's instructions to deposit cash into their bank account nationwide and receive your coins from escrow when done. You never need to provide any id or anything else to sign up for your LBC account. You can sell coins in a similar way by meeting people via LBC.

Not exactly. You can never delete any Bitcoin transaction history which is recorded on the blockchain. It's also possible, for example, to use a small or improperly set up mixer where you get back the same coins you started with. It's possible to use Bitcoin anonymously, but proper care must be taken. If you're not confident you know what you're doing, you should assume anonymity is compromised. In general, though, by using many different steps together breaking transaction links becomes easier. For example, send to a mixer, then to a gambling site, then to a throwaway online wallet, then to another gambling or exchange site, then back to your spending wallet. That should pretty effectively give you very different coins than you started with. JoinMarket is a recommended mixer.

If I handed you a gold ring worth $500 and asked you the same question what would you say? The answer is the same for Bitcoin since Bitcoin is just something of value. The money you receive depends on where and how you sell it. There is no limit to this.

5) Finally, what's the most anonymous/best way to withdraw my money?

You mean sell Bitcoin for a national currency? Probably use LocalBitcoins. There are many different trade options. For example, you might meet someone in person to trade cash, or you might get an Amazon.com or similar gift card code online if that works for you.

Do i have to convert the money?Do i send the money to my paypal and then to bank account?

If you're asking what's the most convenient way to buy or sell Bitcoin the answer is probably Coinbase.com. When you set up an account there you can buy and sell Bitcoin directly with your bank account. However, doing things this way is not anonymous. If you want to be more anonymous, it usually means more learning and work involved.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: