Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:05:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is The best Bitcoin Debit Card? How will it work on ATMs of local currency  (Read 576 times)
Bitcotalk (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 09:07:31 PM

hello I want to get a bitcoin debit card. and want to know that which one is the best bitcoin debit card ? Can we believe on Xapo card? is it working good?

Plus I want to know that will it work in my country banks, as in my country the ATMs have my local currency. want to know that how will it work on ATMs with local currency of my country?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 09:28:14 PM

if it's visa or mastercard then it should work anywhere in the world in an atm. the problem you're gonna get is fees. there'll be the card issuer fee, then the visa fee, then the foreign currency conversion fee as the card'll probably be denominated in dollars or euros.

all that's gonna add up quickly. it might be the equivalent of $5 in fees to take out $10.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410577.0

this thread has a good summary.
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 10:07:04 PM

hello I want to get a bitcoin debit card. and want to know that which one is the best bitcoin debit card ? Can we believe on Xapo card? is it working good?

Plus I want to know that will it work in my country banks, as in my country the ATMs have my local currency. want to know that how will it work on ATMs with local currency of my country?

That's the exact question I had in my mind. Thank you for this topic.
It will help a lot for the people who don't know anything about cards.

if it's visa or mastercard then it should work anywhere in the world in an atm. the problem you're gonna get is fees. there'll be the card issuer fee, then the visa fee, then the foreign currency conversion fee as the card'll probably be denominated in dollars or euros.

all that's gonna add up quickly. it might be the equivalent of $5 in fees to take out $10.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410577.0

this thread has a good summary.

Thank you for your informative reply.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:07:26 PM

I'd say E-coin.io is the best (AKA Wirexapp) , they offer both Virtual and physical cards (the virtual visa can be linked to PayPal to make it verified as well) .
VCC costs 3$ while the physical one costs 17$ (and 50$ with DHL shipping) , fees are pretty fair and limits are good (you could rise them by doing a verification ID) , see here : https://www.e-coin.io/bitcoin-debit-card-fees-and-limits
In case you are interested , there are some new cool features coming in the future (under development) like Card to card transfer which should allow users to send funds between each others or between their own different cards.
You can use card everywhere where Visa/MasterCard is accepted, It doesn't matter what's your local currency is , If the card is using dollar and your country use EURO , then there will be an automatic conversion.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████