Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:57:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mtgox bank transfer withdraw USD?  (Read 3361 times)
ragingazn628 (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 12:59:50 PM

Hi I have about some money that I would like to withdraw. I have been using their code method and withdrawing to PayPal. But now the fees there is 9%!!!

Anyone know the roughly the total cost to withdraw via bank transfer from mtgox? $1000? $10,000? Is it a flat fee or percentage?

How long will it take?

Any horror stories?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 09:35:07 PM

Anyone know the roughly the total cost to withdraw via bank transfer from mtgox? $1000? $10,000? Is it a flat fee or percentage?

Are you in the U.S.?  If so, withdrawing to Dwolla cost just $0.25 per transaction and then from there withdrawing to your bank is free (as an ACH transfer).

If you do a bank wire, it can cost a certain amount from Mt. Gox (roughly in the ~$20 range) and your bank may charge for an incoming wire as well (also about $20 or less).

There are multiple cash-out methods available to you:
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Selling_bitcoins

Wire transfers may incur delays before Mt. Gox sends the funds out.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 10:13:56 PM

Yes I'm in the US so I should just withdraw with Dwolla?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:56:36 AM

You'll need to have a verified account at Mt. Gox to use Dwolla as a withdrawal method (if I remember correctly), but yes -- Dwolla is a fantastic and inexpensive withdrawal method.  There is one caveat in that you never know how long the withdrawal will take.  It could be hours, or days (and weeks even, when there is an imbalance).    Worst case scenario your withdrawal request is queued up, you cancel it and figure out some other method.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 11:58:41 AM

You'll need to have a verified account at Mt. Gox to use Dwolla as a withdrawal method (if I remember correctly), but yes -- Dwolla is a fantastic and inexpensive withdrawal method.  There is one caveat in that you never know how long the withdrawal will take.  It could be hours, or days (and weeks even, when there is an imbalance).    Worst case scenario your withdrawal request is queued up, you cancel it and figure out some other method.

Is it safe? I'm verified and just added my Dwolla account and that's verified too. Only 25 cents to withdraw? What's the catch? Bitinstant charges you 9% to withdraw to paypal lol I withdrew $50 as a test... How do I cancel queues?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: