Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:08:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Wall of Shame  (Read 1785 times)
ButchHashidy (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

...and the BitcoinKid

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 01:51:51 PM

In light of the recent hype, yet again, of BFL's shipping claims, I think it's time to dedicate a thread to a compendium of BFL_Josh's list of excuses since epoch.  If we can aggregate all their excuses in one thread, maybe people can put the pieces of the puzzle together themselves.  I'll start with the latest.......

I understand these aren't direct quotes.  They're interpretations from an IRC chat.  But does it really matter?

Apparently there's a power drain problem causing units to overheat now lol.  I know Josh, it's tough to pull out your phone and press about 4 buttons to upload a video of that working machine.  Technology makes life so difficult.

03-29-2013
Quote from: BFL_Josh
The units are working, but the last issue is fixing the power drain.
Once this is fixed, units are expected to ship. The rough projection is 2 weeks. In an absolute perfect world, units might ship next week. They can build about 400 units a day. If you're an early pre-order, and have a FPGA unit getting traded up, check the site to find out when.

Jumpin' Jack Hash is a gas gas gaas
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NEO2012

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:17:42 PM

In light of the recent hype, yet again, of BFL's shipping claims, I think it's time to dedicate a thread to a compendium of BFL_Josh's list of excuses since epoch.  If we can aggregate all their excuses in one thread, maybe people can put the pieces of the puzzle together themselves.  I'll start with the latest.......

I understand these aren't direct quotes.  They're interpretations from an IRC chat.  But does it really matter?

Apparently there's a power drain problem causing units to overheat now lol.  I know Josh, it's tough to pull out your phone and press about 4 buttons to upload a video of that working machine.  Technology makes life so difficult.

03-29-2013
The units are working, but the last issue is fixing the power drain.
Once this is fixed, units are expected to ship. The rough projection is 2 weeks. In an absolute perfect world, units might ship next week. They can build about 400 units a day. If you're an early pre-order, and have a FPGA unit getting traded up, check the site to find out when.

YEAH THAT SLIMMY SNAKE OF JOSH
JUST MANAGED TO HIDE IN HIS POST THAT 60GH OF HASH WILL BE 400-600 WATTS LIKE AVALON

60 GH WILL MEAN AT LEAST 2 UNITS  MAYEB 3  EACH DRAWING 195 WATTS

BUT THE SNAKE OF JOSH WORDS IT A SLIMMY WAY SO ITS NOT ABVIOUS
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:20:33 PM

Yeah seriously, Why in all hell doesnt josh just take out his damn phone and SNAP A PHOTO!
It makes No Sense for him to be unable to post imagery ontime with his posts when there is a camera in almost everyones pocket nowadays!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
NEO2012

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 09:02:46 PM

Yeah seriously, Why in all hell doesnt josh just take out his damn phone and SNAP A PHOTO!
It makes No Sense for him to be unable to post imagery ontime with his posts when there is a camera in almost everyones pocket nowadays!

did u seem his lame ass exuse in the update to apologies in advance?

my freakin phone has camera video start recording stop upload to youtube

i could of done it faster then typing this post

but no that slimmy snake of josh dosent have time for that

and makes a post delibertlly trying to hide  the fact the 60gh will cosume 400-600 w
but words very carefully so u dont get it

thats why the duche bag didnt have time for a video

he was working probbaly 1 or 2 hours on the wording on his post
BBQKorv

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 09:44:31 PM

Pretty damn hard to snap a picture of nothing. Would be too blank to convince people.
cryptojournal

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:25:18 PM

Pretty damn hard to snap a picture of nothing. Would be too blank to convince people.

lulz
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 11:25:12 PM

OK, here's one:

From https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html
BFL_Josh, 16th Jan 2013: "When we announced the delay last month, we decided to go back and switch from our QFN package to a flip chip BGA (FCBGA) package. ... Our chips would have functioned as currently spec'd within our thermal tolerances, but we would have very little thermal headroom to really crank things up. With an eye towards the future, we decided to bite the bullet and release a product that is ready for the long haul as opposed to releasing something now that would require exotic cooling to be pushed past 80 GH/s or so."

LOL! Obviously not as we all know now: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1b8hvt/bfl_josh_updates_on_asic_status_full_transcript/
BFL_Josh, 28th Mar 2013:: "We have some boards at 1.76w, some at 2.5 and some at 4 and one at 6 ... it's drawing like 195 watts which is ridiculous."
Lyke: Do all the devices have the power issues or just specific ones?
BFL_Josh: All devices, Lyke... they all use the same board and substrate.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
ButchHashidy (OP)

...and the BitcoinKid

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:23:52 AM

What may have gone under people's radar after Josh stirred things up yesterday, and btw, promised video evidence which hasn't appeared (surprise surprise) is a minor stipulation....fine print covering all bases.

03/29/2013
I want to clarify the above post, as there is some potential confusion. We are not shipping yet. We plan on shipping possibly by the end of next week, but I will update on a shipping schedule as soon as I have more definitive information with regards to that.

People really believe a company that's run into this many problems in the manufacturing process are going to magically ship out 400 units / day.

fusion7

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:29:26 AM

Butterfly Labs (BFL) Bitforce SC ASIC Test Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C4bgho5JSI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C4bgho5JSI
ButchHashidy (OP)

...and the BitcoinKid

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:50:44 AM

No subscribers or other videos with that youtube user.  Whats their affiliation with BFL?  No name mentioned.... Random memory values.  Very unconvincing and at BEST, prototype stage.

fusion7

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:57:41 AM

Josh posted it in the gallery

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/dbtgallery.php?do=view_image&id=935&gal=gallery

ButchHashidy (OP)

...and the BitcoinKid

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 02:09:05 AM

Pastor Josh hath spoken.  I just kid.  How will they retrofit another power regulator to 400 machines / day for shipment?  I'm not even trolling, I really want to know.

davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:13:52 AM

It's possible they knew about the power consumption earlier and ordered new boards. Maybe.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:16:21 AM

Pastor Josh hath spoken.  I just kid.  How will they retrofit another power regulator to 400 machines / day for shipment?  I'm not even trolling, I really want to know.

A better question would be:  How will they sort the good die from bad when Josh says their only test socket didn't work properly.
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:25:04 AM

A better question would be:  How will they sort the good die from bad when Josh says their only test socket didn't work properly.

I must say, for a self-claimed Intel " engineer" whos making six figures a year, you're showing a very good use of your time.

There are only 2 possibilities:
1) Intel is a sucker and their HR must be run by a clueless son of a motherless goat
2) You're believing that you're an Intel engineer so much, you dont even know its just an imaginary job for your online character.

Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:27:58 AM

I must say, for a self-claimed Intel " engineer" whos making six figures a year, you're showing a very good use of your time.

There are only 2 possibilities:
1) Intel is a sucker and their HR must be run by a clueless son of a motherless goat
2) You're believing that you're an Intel engineer so much, you dont even know its just an imaginary job for your online character.

LOL.  The truth is a bit in the middle my friend.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: