Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 06:35:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Litecoin Will Never Die  (Read 1079 times)
dballing (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 07:47:31 PM

Because China! I hate to break it to all of you living in western society, but China has surpassed your GDP by a large margin (you just don't know it yet). Has anyone here ever been? It's like living with the Jetsons..
The future is now with Asia and will be the case for the next 100 years. Start learning Chinese! Unlike those in in the west they have a culture of savers and they understand the historical value of gold and silver. They also seem to be more tech savvy (your average person) to me and more accepting of it, so the correlation carries over nicely. The creator of LTC is also Chinese and his brother runs the largest exchange in China... you think they don't take notice of that??? Lastly, Bitcoin is JUST as centralized as Litecoin in China in terms of mining... and that makes sense! Any coin worth something is obviously going to be their focus and when you have the will power and resources you're obviously going to pull ahead in the global crypto mining arms race.

Soooo China. China! China?

Mr. Green

Activity: 168

I learnt about experts they're experts on fuck all

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 07:50:38 PM

Litecoin = Silver

Bitcoin = Gold

of the crypto currencies. When the times comes and bitcoins becomes too valuable, people will use litecoin for their daily shopping, as they already do today.
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 08:15:17 PM

Just one point. Litecoin is still mineable at a profit in the West making it less centralized than Bitcoin. My Neptunes sit idle while my Titans continue running at a profit. I know of other Litecoin miners here in Canada and various other western countries.
Galer

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

FameCoin, Viral Photo sharing on Blockchain

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:58:56 PM

Because China! I hate to break it to all of you living in western society, but China has surpassed your GDP by a large margin (you just don't know it yet). Has anyone here ever been? It's like living with the Jetsons..
The future is now with Asia and will be the case for the next 100 years. Start learning Chinese! Unlike those in in the west they have a culture of savers and they understand the historical value of gold and silver. They also seem to be more tech savvy (your average person) to me and more accepting of it, so the correlation carries over nicely. The creator of LTC is also Chinese and his brother runs the largest exchange in China... you think they don't take notice of that??? Lastly, Bitcoin is JUST as centralized as Litecoin in China in terms of mining... and that makes sense! Any coin worth something is obviously going to be their focus and when you have the will power and resources you're obviously going to pull ahead in the global crypto mining arms race.

Soooo China. China! China?

Like you said they own a exchange so In my opinion they uses exchange (China based) and they keep LTC alived.And they are more miner I think mine Litecoin.
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:01:26 PM

It will never die for few reasons:
1. maybe only live altcoin which follow the fairness of bitcoin core principle
- honest distribution to POW miners
- no premine, no bullshit tactics from core team to buy low and P/D
- asic support with unique algo which can not shift to bitcoin or some clone (LTC win the scrypt fight)
- some of the first alts that gained popularity
- all or most meyor exchanges support it
- sure china!

Some or big part of traders hate LTC becouse its not easy P/D coin and that is the main reason you will read a ton of FUD about LTC

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
shyliar

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:46:15 AM

Litecoin is a good coin because:

• Capable of four times as many transactions as Bitcoin in a ten minute period. Frankly if payment processors had adopted Litecoin in the past year current Bitcoin block discussions would be irrelevant (and likely the price of both coins higher). Anyone who has watched these discussions understands the immediate advantage of a network with larger transactional capability.  
  • Faster confirmation times. The only people who don't think this is important have never spent a single coin or they have patience that the average person does not possess.
  • The faster block time of litecoin reduces the risk of double spending attacks.
  • Anti-spam.
  • Fast well established network. Current Hashrate is 1,643 GH/s. Since scrypt is memory intensive it is known to be approximately 1000 times slower hardware wise in comparison to SHA256. Fair comparison to the Bitcoin network requires multiplying that hashrate by 1000 (1,643 TH/s). The fact is for most of Litecoins history the hashrate has been relatively high and secure. Those comparing it to the Bitcoin network without considering this 1k factor are either being disingenuous or just ignorant of the facts.
  • Continuous development look here at number of releases in past year: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/releases
  • Upcoming new features and active development look here for whats happening in 2016:
    https://litecoinassociation.org/data/roadmap.pdf
  • Longevity. Many coins have temporarily eclipsed litecoin as they were marketed for the purpose of increasing the fiat accounts of a small group and emptying the accounts of new users. Unfortunately this has been detrimental to crypto-space in general.
  • Great community.
  • Fully supported by GoCoin a growing merchant payment processor used by thousands of merchants https://www.gocoin.com/ as well as other processors such as coinpayments, Asmoney, Alfacoins and Coinify
  • Liquidity. You can sell thousands and not crash the market. Maintains value. Look at the chart here indicating volume in the last 24 hours relative to other coins http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/litecoin/#markets in fact volume has remained high month after month for years.
  • The speed, liquidity and value of Litecoin is useful to traders seeking arbitrage opportunities between exchanges.
  • Now on GDAX soon to be on coinbase.
  • Upcoming release to include a on-chain adaptive block size scaling solution. This will substantially increase the transactional capacity of Litecoin.
  • Fair release. In a crypto world of premined and ICO releases many appreciate this fact. The code was released well before the Genesis block was mined and everyone knew when it would be going live; therefore, individuals could anticipate and get their miners and software ready.
  • It's primary function is to be a cryptocurrency.
  • Still mineable in many western countries even after electrical costs are factored in. Here in Canada my Titans still make a profit long after shutting my Neptunes down.
  • It will always maintain the integrity of the blockchain (no hard forks for special interests).
  • Security.
J Gambler

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:32:58 AM

Litecoin was designed by Charlie Lee to be the so-called silver to BTCitcoin’s gold in the popular analogy that compares the digital currency to the precious metal and i think china is using website exchange based on their country and litecoin process a block every 2.5 minutes, rather than Bitcoin’s 10 minutes

Y U MAD AT ME
gorgon666

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:00:27 AM

The creator of LTC is also Chinese
Charlie Lee was born in Africa, raised in the US, now lives in China.

Litecoin was the first altcoin that was successful and is not going away.
greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:03:17 AM

It's like living with the Jetsons..

Who are the Jetsons?  Anyhow, lots of Chinese getting muged in France because they carry cash.  Now they want more safety.  
Big Protests.

http://www.france24.com/en/20160904-massive-anti-racism-protest-paris-after-chinese-man-death

Maybe they need to be using litecoin more but they like cash and gold.

RomanPiece

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:17:07 AM

in fact now litecoin marketcap is very low.. we must see the fact litecoin will be dead soon
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:23:40 AM

in fact now litecoin marketcap is very low.. we must see the fact litecoin will be dead soon

Its no problem at all, like IPO scams, primened and instamined, ninja mined, etc crap we have, we can just blow mine some 100M of litecoin and rise marketcap by 5x Smiley
Now new kidz in the block like only scam, ppl with zero post say something is dead, why, maybe you want to buy low or you are sacred as your scam coin is losing proce

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
robstak

Activity: 203

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:35:17 AM

Litecoin is one of the elite coins that has gained unparalleled support from its community over the years.
greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:38:40 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2016, 03:03:46 AM by greenuser

Is it as low as when they first started?  Maybe they will be reborn,  Like that darkcoin thing that nearly "died" and came back as Dash?

Or maybe each asset class has a cycle?  You know, that old chestnut... "buy low sell high"?  Are you one of these new traders? I don't understand the "dead" term with respect to an asset class!
Do you not belive in theory/systems such as Kondratiev wave?  Does it just have to be dead/alive, all/nothing, heads/tails?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: