Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:34:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My personal list of scammers  (Read 3278 times)
johnsmithx (OP)

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:55:41 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2017, 04:03:50 PM by johnsmithx

My personal list of scammers I encountered on bitcointalk.org

Avoid these little lowlife fraudulent kids at all costs:

• seller.aws.ec2 (reference here)
  • awsses (reference here) <-- this scammer first sold me a few working AWS codes expecting my positive feedback in an attempt to establish some kind of an apparent legitimacy and then went on and scammed everybody else ever since, therefore I eventually decided to remove my positive feedback
  • nanohits (reference here)
  • edulord (reference here)
  • DannyHamilton <-- gives fake negative feedbacks
  • mocacinno (reference here) <-- extremely dangerous, tries to make people publicly reveal their btc addresses, ownership, wallet software and other details; also gives fake neutral/negative feedbacks
  • iCEBREAKER <-- gives fake negative feedbacks
  • R00TC0IN (reference here) <-- lies, scams and tries to sell old and broken version of a free open-source software that he stole from github, hilariously retarded little scammer
  • topherhf (reference here and here)
  • pipobuccshop (reference here and here)
  • XXXXXXXXXXXXX <-- hilariously funny little scamming kid
  • iCEBREAKER (reference here and here) <-- besides scamming he gives fraudulent negative feedbacks as an extremely silly and futile revenge attempt for being exposed, I encourage everyone to give him a negative feedback
  • AmazonSESAws (reference here and here)
  • NvidiaFan (reference here and here)
  • iPhone9 (reference here and here)
  • LocalBitcoinsScript (reference here and here)
  • stableversion (reference here) <-- another account of MaxDeliver
  • MaxDeliver (reference here and here) <-- another account of stableversion
  • AmazonGCKing (reference here and here) <-- besides scamming he gives fraudulent negative feedbacks as an extremely silly and futile revenge attempt for being exposed, I encourage everyone to give him a negative feedback
  • Dadan (reference here)
  • makaveli82 (reference here)
  • white.walker (reference here and here)
  • Symeave (reference here and here)  <-- very dangerous, can steal your money repeatedly in the future!

The general rule is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID.

Also avoid anyone calling himself "we", it's just an early teenager desperately trying to pretend he - a little boy - is some kind of a legitimate business entity, truly laughable.

Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LouisVuitton
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Louis Vuitton

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:58:51 PM

Good advice here, hopefully this helps people from being scammed.
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 06:13:01 AM

If anyone is selling Accounts with Raised Limits (like on the last Pictures) Feel free to contact me, i want to buy some accs.
RFX

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

No you're not

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 06:49:46 AM

As someone who mass produced AWS accounts for personal and professional needs I concur to all the above.

Also make sure that you keep consistent with access IP if you use the console, clean and fresh contact data (most important of course payment method).

Too many people around here offer 'tainted' AWS accounts - that is, when they offer it  Cool
BALIK
Copper Member

Activity: 2058
Merit: 591

🍓 BALIK Never DM First

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:06:27 AM

Good and nice advice for those who do not know about what is difference between EC2 limit and non-EC2 limit and My best advice for those who wants to buy EC2 limit is to TV the computer of the seller if the account is truly EC2 limit.

ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 09:47:58 AM

To add, don't the AWS accounts also have to add a credit card to their account , which can lead them to get into trouble if the cards are obtained fradulently.
ricku

Activity: 210

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 11:03:52 AM

This your information is very helpful and well detailed, thank you
It is also possible to avoid buying a stolen/hacked AWS accounts following this your tips?

RFX

No you're not

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 11:08:35 AM

It is also possible to avoid buying a stolen/hacked AWS accounts following this your tips?

No but it's good practice to follow when you buy one. You cannot force the seller to prove safety/provenience of the CC attached to account nor can you find out the time & place when the account on sale was created, but you can ask these questions and measure the answers along with all the other elements that the OP initially stated.
ricku

Activity: 210

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 11:20:16 AM

No but it's good practice to follow when you buy one. You cannot force the seller to prove safety/provenience of the CC attached to account nor can you find out the time & place when the account on sale was created, but you can ask these questions and measure the answers along with all the other elements that the OP initially stated.
I think you are right to some extent but you can still depend any thing that could make your account secure from the op and he would try to provide it if actually is a legit seller.

RFX

No you're not

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 11:27:20 AM

I think you are right to some extent but you can still depend any thing that could make your account secure from the op and he would try to provide it if actually is a legit seller.

biggest giveaway in this thread (and biggest mistake rookie buyers make) is email account handling; that plus recovery can make the same account, even if legit, 'sell' over and over again to people who don't understand how AWS-client relationship works.
johnsmithx (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:39:40 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2016, 08:14:38 PM by johnsmithx

I added a paragraph into the OP regarding opening multiple AWS accounts. I think maybe some people want to buy AWS accounts only because they think there is a rule 1 account per 1 person, but in fact no such rule exists and it's perfectly alright to have multiple AWS accounts in your name and address and even with the same phone and card number, only the e-mail needs to be different because it serves as a login.

As someone who mass produced AWS accounts for personal and professional needs I concur to all the above.

Also make sure that you keep consistent with access IP if you use the console, clean and fresh contact data (most important of course payment method).

Too many people around here offer 'tainted' AWS accounts - that is, when they offer it  Cool

That's a great point and this can actually be helped using roles. I added into the OP a mini tutorial how to access multiple AWS accounts from one single AWS account without logging into each separately.

To add, don't the AWS accounts also have to add a credit card to their account , which can lead them to get into trouble if the cards are obtained fradulently.

Yes, of course, but the problem with this is that you can't really check this. I don't know of any world-wide service where you can enter a card number and it would tell you whether the card is blocked or was reported stolen, but even if there was such a service you can't really use it because you can't see the card number in the AWS account settings. It shows only the last 4 digits. But if you buy an AWS account it's logical that you will change the card information so that you can actually make the payments (if that's what you are planning on, anyway).

You may be able to estimate the age of an account from looking at the Bills section. There you should see the list of months since the account was created, even if the actual bill for given month was $0.

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
RFX

No you're not

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:07:52 PM

I don't know of any world-wide service where you can enter a card number and it would tell you whether the card is blocked or was reported stolen, but even if there was such a service

there are such services. PM if you need to know more.

You may be able to estimate the age of an account from looking at the Bills section. There you should see the list of months since the account was created, even if the actual bill for given month was $0.

good tip, thanks Smiley
Krusty guy

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 06:38:43 AM

thanks, you helped me dodge a bullet
seradj0

Activity: 192

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 07:22:33 PM

great work johnsmithx thank's for that
AWS still one of the best cloud solution 

Geek,
razvan89

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:34:27 AM

Thanks for this buddy.
I've been getting scammed 2 times already Sad
max2000irc

Activity: 527
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 06:55:38 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2016, 07:11:18 AM by max2000irc

Same here already got scammed Sad . unlucky reading the thread after Sad   user who scammed me AmazonGCKing , Beware don't send him any btc.
johnsmithx (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 08:03:04 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2016, 08:48:54 AM by johnsmithx

Same here already got scammed Sad . unlucky reading the thread after Sad   user who scammed me AmazonGCKing , Beware don't send him any btc.

Sorry to hear that but what did you expect from a newbie selling from a locked thread so that nobody can comment there? A locked or self-moderated thread and a newbie seller are the most obvious red flags. On top of that why didn't you check his trust feedback? He started having negative feedback since 4 days old.

Make sure you enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".

PokemonGoArena

Activity: 120
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:54:08 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2016, 12:21:34 PM by PokemonGoArena

Some active Scammers: [UPDATE : 23 Oct 2016]

1. iPhone9
   2. LocalBitcoinsScript
   3. AmazonGCKing
   4. MaxDeliver
   5. lind82
   6. makaveli82
   7. seller.aws.ec2

To identify a Scammer:

1. Make sure you enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information
   2. Check the thread if it is locked or not. If it is recently posted locked thread from a newbie then it is definitely from a scammer.
   3. Check seller's trust status see the feedbacks
   4. Never send payment first if the seller is newbie before checking his trust status
   5. If you still got scammed put the -ve feedback on thier trust section and also let us know so other users can't get scammed

FredDag

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 08:04:08 AM

Some active Scammers:
   1. AmazonGCKing
   2. MaxDeliver

To identify a Scammer:

1. Make sure you enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information
   2. Check the thread if it is locked or not. If it is recently posted locked thread from a newbie then it is definitely from a scammer.
   3. Check seller's trust status see the feedbacks
   4. Never send payment first if the seller is newbie before checking his trust status
   5. If you still got scammed put the -ve feedback on thier trust section and also let us know so other users can't get scammed

Great thread. Wish I had found it earlier.

Got scammed by MaxDeliver, not lots, just enough to teach me a cheap lesson.

Thanks to PokemonGoArena for providing good codes & great service.
A!

Activity: 155

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 05:32:20 PM

This guy is an alt of PokemonGoArea who is selling amazon aws. This very unfair practices your are doing.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: