Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:08:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP WITH RIG  (Read 1914 times)
elvisrene (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 04:06:40 PM

hi guys can any one please help me know what is the best set up for a msi 7950 twin razor i want to put 5 or more in each machine can anyone please help me out like what cable i need and what kind of mobo i need psu and the rest i repair computers for a living so im not a total newbie but never worked with these kind of set ups please need advice form advance users PLEASE HELP THANKS
BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 04:22:17 PM

hi guys can any one please help me know what is the best set up for a msi 7950 twin razor i want to put 5 or more in each machine can anyone please help me out like what cable i need and what kind of mobo i need psu and the rest i repair computers for a living so im not a total newbie but never worked with these kind of set ups please need advice form advance users PLEASE HELP THANKS

hellotoyoutoojustreadtheforumsifyouwantsimpleanswers andputting somedots or otherpuctuatingmight make it more readable. Thanks for your input.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 04:34:57 PM

Hi guys,
Can any one please help me know what is the best set up for a msi 7950 twin razor? I want to put 5 or more in each machine. Can anyone please help me out? Like what cable I need and what kind of mobo, psu and the rest? I repair computers for a living, so I'm not a total newbie but never worked with these kind of set ups. Please need advice form advance users. PLEASE HELP! THANKS!
Fixed it a bit.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 04:46:23 PM

Keep an eye on difficulty. Then get:

mobo with 5x pci slots
psu to power 5x 7950 video cards
thumb drive + OS

Then keep an eye on difficulty.
elvisrene (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 04:58:09 PM

THANKS GUYS AND sorry but i didn't know this was a spelling forum
Turok

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:00:20 PM

I would also add more RAM than usually so you can switch to LTC in the future
elvisrene (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:03:25 PM

I would also add more RAM than usually so you can switch to LTC in the future
thanks. well really that is what i want to mine litecoin
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:07:07 PM

All forums are if you expect to be taken seriously.

Writing like you did in your opening post is equivalent to turning up to your sister's wedding piss drunk, knocking out the groom and banging your dick on the altar.
mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:22:34 PM

Writing like you did in your opening post is equivalent to turning up to your sister's wedding piss drunk, knocking out the groom and banging your dick on the altar.
Not gonna lie. I laughed pretty hard. Grin

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
greyhawk

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:28:11 PM

My sister didn't.  Undecided
mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:38:07 PM

My sister didn't.  Undecided

elvisrene (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 05:49:30 AM

no problem just that English is not my main language all i know i have learned for my self and it seams like no one is going to help well thanks anyways
greyhawk

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 10:29:52 AM

No worries, it's my third language.
elvisrene (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:02:29 PM

cool no problem. Hey guys another question i bought all the things i need and build the miner but the question is ,why am i not seeing the kh/s on the pool ? i'm doing 1600 kh/s . But in the pool i only see 64kh/s .
mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:10:00 PM

cool no problem. Hey guys another question i bought all the things i need and build the miner but the question is ,why am i not seeing the kh/s on the pool ? i'm doing 1600 kh/s . But in the pool i only see 64kh/s .
Stale shares? And if you are using a pool like EMC, the default for estimating your hash rate is 30 minutes. That is, it makes an estimated guess depending on how many shares you've submitted in 30 minutes. If you would have been mining for 5 minutes with a 1GH/s unit, it would only display 167MH/s. 5 minutes after that (a total of 10 minutes), it would say 334MH/s.

The better way of checking would be to check how many shares and stale shares you've submitted in a given amount of time, and see if your account at that pool is also counting the same amount of shares and stale shares.

What pool are you using?

EDIT: Also, if English isn't your primary language you may want to look into using one of the boards in the "Local" category (if you already haven't). There is a board for Spanish, Chinese, German, Korean, Russian, and many more.

elvisrene (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:13:10 PM

I'm using litecoinpool.org
elvisrene (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:38:13 PM

Here it is and thanks in advance for helping me out .

mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:05:09 PM

Before you do anything, get those temps under control! Shocked If those temps are reading correctly, you're going to burn the 1st and 3rd card out quickly. Dust them out, fix the airflow, and get some fans directly on them ASAP.

What cards are you using? I think 500KH/s seems a little high for one card unless you are using some state of the art card. You may have to leave them on for 10 minutes before litecoinpool reports proper speeds. However, it is still getting all of your shares. So you are being paid.

I dabbled in Litecoin mining a few months back. I thought I remember cgminer not displaying stuff correctly. Although I cannot say I am experienced in LTC mining yet. You may want to open a thread over in the Alt Coin board for more replies --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0

But get those temps fixed ASAP.

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:43:10 PM

Your settings are all messed up because all you're throwing is hardware errors

Please use the 7950 (high usage) defaults specified in GUIminer-scrypt
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150331.0

Also please cool your cards better or turn down the voltages, you're going to kill them very quickly

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
ryantc

Activity: 329

Bitcoin may be the TCP/IP of money.

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:57:23 PM

that happened to me before as well, try to reduce the -I to the threshold that gives you no HW error at all, maybe it's a good idea to start with -I 13,  otherwise all cards are just generating useless hash and waste your electricity power.

BTW, try to lower your voltage, your cards are too hot.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: