Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:27:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin crowdfunding?  (Read 5633 times)
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 08:35:43 AM

I am not so sure about bitcoin crowdfunding.
Due to bitcoins anonymity, giving my coins away makes me always feel uncomfortable.
With crowdfunding, you usually have to support startup companies who have no reputation.
In most cases all you can do is gather information from the internet and their website.
There are just too many possibilities of fraud.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
betlord90

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 11:34:53 AM

Due to bitcoins anonymity, giving my coins away makes me always feel uncomfortable.
With crowdfunding, you usually have to support startup companies who have no reputation.
In most cases all you can do is gather information from the internet and their website.

Bitcoin crowdfundings is saturated by scammers so theres no way for me to believe on those false promises since i know that they will turned scam. I already see so many scams from it and that s totally enough for me to judge it in that ways so if theres people inviting me on that well id rather block them since i don't trust people who hungry for little refferal earnings since they only care for their self.
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 04:13:01 PM

I dont think that bitcoin crowdfunding would have a chance to be better than a regular crowdfounding, the one on the web (for example, kickstarter).
It is because of a simple reason, the bitcoin is considered by a big part of community as a scam, or a ponzi scheme, so they are not going to get into it, because they are scared that the money will go not to the authors, but to the different people.

That is also I think why bitcoin crowdfunding isn't something great. It is because that I would never trust any company that runs that kind of a service, I would still make up conspiracy theories, that their website is taking the money of the users that want to help someone.

pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 07:25:38 AM

Would it make more sense to you if there was a smart contract on an immutable blockchain taking those crowdfunding money? Maybe crowdfunding with the use of trustless smart contracts are the future particularly for people like you who wont trust anyone. Which common sense will say is always the right move.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 02:15:09 AM

Anonymity means not trusted. If the company listed in government and or trade center. I think bitcoin is a tool but the businessman is the actor. You can't trust the bad businessman but bitcoin is trusted tool because blockchain is public ledger that anyone can see and watch.

szafa

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:56:52 PM

Waves token is good oportunity to start crowdfund or ico.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: