Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:20:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MoneroForCash.com - Buy and Sell XMR Person-to-Person with Cash  (Read 2149 times)
c789 (OP)

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 06:24:10 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2016, 04:12:46 PM by c789

Buy and sell Monero person-to-person with cash, or through the mail with cash or money order, or by other means.
We never hold XMR used in trades so it's impossible for us to steal it or for your funds to get hacked from our site.

It's free to place an ad to buy XMR. To place an ad to sell XMR, it costs around $0.09 USD.

Register on the site (no email required) with your bitcointalk username before 23:59pm 09 September, then PM me here to let me know you've registered and you'll get 2 free sell ads. Imposters will be deleted.

If you're selling, you can choose to sell XMR at a fixed amount per USD, or at the floating exchange rate, or at a percentage added to the floating exchange rate.

See the site and the FAQ page for more details.

If you have a product or service and would like to advertise (not to be confused with an "ad," which is what buyers and sellers of XMR post on the site) please PM me.

https://moneroForCash.com/index.php

Happy trading!

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:18:34 PM

You shoulda called it localmonero.com.
Edit:  I guess it's too late, that name's taken.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:45:26 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2016, 07:57:59 PM by superresistant

We should buy localmonero

Who owns it ?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:52:18 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2016, 08:03:39 PM by smooth

Isn't that kind of me-too-ish? I would think a well-designed and successful physical and p2p trading site with its own unique brand would be better.
c789 (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:53:58 PM

I have a few other domain names which I need to redirect to the main site. I picked "moneroForCash.com" because it was available (hard to do these days!), it succinctly describes the purpose of the site, and has the words "monero" and "cash" in the domain name, which is very helpful for SEO purposes. It's a new site so I doubt the search engines have picked up on it yet. Log files do show a few hits by google spiders, but that was before I unveiled the site. Plus, I didn't want to create the impression I was using someone else's domain.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:59:35 PM

What's your business model ?

Pay per ad ?
c789 (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:07:52 PM

What's your business model ?

Pay per ad ?

Ads to buy XMR are free.

Ads to sell XMR cost around $0.09 US each. When you buy ads, you buy them on blocks of three (or 4 or more if the exchange rate continues to rise). As of now, 3 "sell" ads costs 0.022 XMR, which comes out to $0.096 US each. The XMR amount will adjust with the exchange rate, but the cost of a "sell" ad will remain constant at around $0.09 US each. A "sell" ad expires in 10 days, and you can edit the ad as much as you want and sell to as many people as you want during those 10 days.

Please see the FAQ page on the site for more details.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1446

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 01:10:06 AM

Isn't that kind of me-too-ish? I would think a well-designed and successful physical and p2p trading site with its own unique brand would be better.

This. The strategy of copying ideas from bitcoin and making them "better" is not working. It has been done multiple times and has not shown much success to those who did it. One good example of this is litecoin. To be truly better is to make your own brand.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4920

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 02:08:26 AM

Who owns it ?

Fluffy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
c789 (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 04:11:20 PM

This thread was moved, so the time to get free sell ads has been extended until 23:59 Friday, Pacific Time.

traderbit

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 10:38:06 AM

Who owns it ?

well, localmonero more suitable for this type of exchange yes. as localbitcoin is working great. but I don't think the domain name is really matter.you need to work on the design and database of the site. if the site looks  god and work legit then there won't be any issue.
Good luck.

TechorMarketing

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 02:42:29 AM

Nice website! I hope many more listings appear soon. Would you consider adding support for Aeon at some point?
c789 (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 03:02:10 AM

Nice website! I hope many more listings appear soon. Would you consider adding support for Aeon at some point?
Thank you! That is certainly a possibility. I'm changing the look and feel when time allows and will post a user poll here to see which design people like. I'm more of a backend developer so making something visually appealing is not my strong spot, but the functionality is solid. Anyway, thank you, and integrating other cryptonote currencies shouldn't require too much overhead. Feel free to PM me when you think the ideal time would be. I know a little about Aeon and I have a lot of respect for Smooth, but I'm so focused on XMR right now so any input on that coin's progression would be appreciated.

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 07:46:09 AM

I'm getting used to the name. You're right.

I don't think there is a market for that.
c789 (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 06:23:45 AM

I made a different color scheme.

Here's the poll where you can pick which one you like better: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1612744.0

ignitiondefect

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:37:38 PM

Why aren't their seller reviews?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: