Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:54:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accepting bids for RARE 2014 Monero (XMR) physical coins  (Read 969 times)
hodlmybtc (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 02:42:51 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2016, 01:40:35 PM by hodlmybtc

Hi there,

I have 3 2014 physical Monero coins from cryptonic.net and I'm checking out if there is interest for these coins.

They are rare as there were only a small amount of them produced and they were the first ever physical Monero coins publicly up for sale.

One is pure silver and two are brass silver plated, they are in the condition I got them from cryptonic and are still in their capsules in which they came, they also haven't been activated on the website yet.

You can bid here or by PM, bidding in BTC is much preferred with the current volatility, obviously I don't accept prices near or below the value of cryptonic's 2016 coins.

I really like the coins and I know they have a lot of value as a collector's item so I'm only willing to sell them if your bid is high enough, if your bid is high enough for me I will contact you by PM.

Pictures, made with low light, the coins are very shiny when seen in person:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Drhiggins

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 03:57:39 AM

Got any pictures?

Monerohash.com   U.S. Mining Pool
hodlmybtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 04:17:46 AM

Got any pictures?

Going to sleep now will upload tomorrow
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 11:57:42 AM

Hi there,

I have 3 first generation physical Monero coins from cryptonic.net and I'm checking out if there is interest for these coins.

They are rare as there were only a small amount of them produced and they were the first ever physical Monero coins publicly up for sale.

One is pure silver and two are brass silver plated, they are in the condition I got them from cryptonic and are still in their capsules in which they came, they also haven't been activated on the website yet.

You can bid here or by PM, bidding in BTC is much preferred with the current volatility, obviously I don't accept prices near or below the value of cryptonic's 2016 coins.

I really like the coins and I know they have a lot of value as a collector's item so I'm only willing to sell them if your bid is high enough, if your bid is high enough for me I will contact you by PM.

Just curious, what year is physically on the pure silver coin, and can you share the info from the validator link? Not the coin code, just the info it spits out? Thanks!

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
hodlmybtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 01:28:03 PM

Added pictures in the OP.

Hi there,

I have 3 first generation physical Monero coins from cryptonic.net and I'm checking out if there is interest for these coins.

Just curious, what year is physically on the pure silver coin, and can you share the info from the validator link? Not the coin code, just the info it spits out? Thanks!

2014, you can see in the picture I uploaded, can I see that info without activating the coin?
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 01:32:22 PM

2014, you can see in the picture I uploaded, can I see that info without activating the coin?

Super, thank you. Yes, if you go to the bottom of this page, you can "Validate" the coin using the code and it will tell you the year and mintage, and it won't activate it or anything.

So if this is an auction, what are the terms? Length, minimum bid etc etc? I'm only interested in the pure silver, personally.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
hodlmybtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 01:39:37 PM

Super, thank you. Yes, if you go to the bottom of this page, you can "Validate" the coin using the code and it will tell you the year and mintage, and it won't activate it or anything.

So if this is an auction, what are the terms? Length, minimum bid etc etc? I'm only interested in the pure silver, personally.

It seems I remembered it wrong, it's the second 2014 batch, I'll edit the OP

Second batch of pure silver Moneroj 2014
Release date: 2015-04-08

.999 Fine Silver Monero coin. Weight: 1.08 Oz. Diameter 34 mm. Thickness 3 mm. Second batch of pure silver Moneroj 2014. It has the following words on the front side of the coin: Vivu la Financa Libereco. 10 coins in this batch.

It's not really an auction, I'm interested to see what people think they're worth and sell if I get the right bid.
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 01:55:04 PM

.999 Fine Silver Monero coin. Weight: 1.08 Oz. Diameter 34 mm. Thickness 3 mm. Second batch of pure silver Moneroj 2014. It has the following words on the front side of the coin: Vivu la Financa Libereco. 10 coins in this batch.

It's not really an auction, I'm interested to see what people think they're worth and sell if I get the right bid.

No problem, thanks for the extra info.

Seeing how this coin has only 10 made, and it's the first year/first coins of XMR ever made, I'd say it's worth at least 0.24BTC however that's just my thought.

I would put it up for auction in the collectibles thread - Seeing how there is not really a way to judge the price on this from any existing known sales, anyhow, you never know, someone may be willing to spend up to 1 btc for it? Thanks

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
hodlmybtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 02:25:09 PM

Seeing how this coin has only 10 made, and it's the first year/first coins of XMR ever made, I'd say it's worth at least 0.24BTC however that's just my thought.

I would put it up for auction in the collectibles thread - Seeing how there is not really a way to judge the price on this from any existing known sales, anyhow, you never know, someone may be willing to spend up to 1 btc for it? Thanks

The 2016 pure silver coins are 0.278 BTC currently so with all respect I won't even think about selling it below 0.3 BTC.

I might put it up for auction later when I gather some more information/bids.
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 02:31:56 PM

The 2016 pure silver coins are 0.278 BTC currently so with all respect I won't even think about selling it below 0.3 BTC.

I might put it up for auction later when I gather some more information/bids.

Ah, sorry, I did not realize the price had been increased. Last I checked, they were around 100 USD per coin, maybe 110. So yeah, you are correct, my bad. Tongue 

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 11:31:16 PM

Hi, have you had any offers, or come up with any low/high ask yet?

Considering an auction at all? XMR is really popular right now. Set a BIN Price and a minimum so you don't get burnt? LMK?

Thanks

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
hodlmybtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 12:49:52 AM

Hi, have you had any offers, or come up with any low/high ask yet?

Considering an auction at all? XMR is really popular right now. Set a BIN Price and a minimum so you don't get burnt? LMK?

Thanks

No offers and still not sure to put it up for auction yet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: