Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:42:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is Legal in India, What about your country? Check here.  (Read 11189 times)
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 09:30:06 AM

It seems lots of countries worldwide are silent on the legality of bitcoins, in the meantime their citizens are learning more about bitcoins. Grin

They are waiting big countries to make first move, that is my opinion. And probably lot of this countries will stay without any opinion or regulations until US, China, Russia, EU and couple other big countries make some law about it. Rest of the world will follow, and by the history probably there will be east and west conflict about this matter, where to put bitcoins in current system and how to legalize it, tax it. In my country there is no mentioning about bitcoin, or any law about it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:38:16 PM

Over here in my country, to the best of my knowledge, there is no law covering Bitcoin because the whole thing is kind of new to us over here. And I dont see the legality coming anytime soon because we are currently being series of issues to now begin to devote resources to legalization or illegality of Bitcoin... And that is even good for us before the government look into that direction, I would have been more entrenched into it to a large extent...
UnknownEye

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:39:52 PM

I really don't care less whether or not if it is legal in my country. Regardless of what the powers that be want, I will do what the fuck I want. But it is legal in my country for now.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 04:30:39 AM

Maybe if you want to know the legality of bitcoin by country can visit this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country.
In my country, Indonesia, bitcoin not include legal tender, so if you use bitcoin should be cautious and if something happens the government will not be responsible. For those who use bitcoin might no action from the government, but if there is something undesirable government in Indonesia is not responsible. So consider bitcoin as a commodity and not as a legal tender.
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 04:50:55 AM

I really don't care less whether or not if it is legal in my country. Regardless of what the powers that be want, I will do what the fuck I want. But it is legal in my country for now.

This you are telling because their is no strict law against Bitcoin and its users , and at the end you told that it is legal in your country. If it was illegal then you wont be able to tell this way, if you are dealing in drugs or illegal products then you wont be telling like this. Be careful before expressing like a immature kid.

In India Bitcoin is still not got any legal or illegal status, so It is not clearly stated that Bitcoin is legal, Ya but if you are using Bitcoin and if you want to show in your legal or tax , then their are so many ways
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 10:40:36 AM

I hope India is very big country but majority of the people are not using bitcoin may be. I hope when researched only few companies are exchanging bitcoins into fiat currency, whether they get permission from the government don't know. But what i hear from our Indian friend is every transaction is being made with bank transactions only.

Legal means at least Indian banks should advertise and make people to buy bitcoin publicly. Those research really good but government is not completely din't gave permissions may be.
cardoyasilad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 02:22:14 PM

In our country i dont know if its legal or illegal some are saying bitcoin here is illegal because it is not recommended by our government. They think bitcoin can be use for fraud or scams etc.

Sr. Member / Hero Member / Legendary:

dClinic.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
. A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain .
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk | Reddit

Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1333

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 03:35:10 AM

In my country there is not a an official stance taken by the government about the legality of bitcoin, since what is not forbidden is allowed then I suppose bitcoin is legal for the moment.
gredisgold88

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 04:16:36 AM

Hello Bitcoiners,

I am not sure if we had this research quoted here or not but I just came across this research and found that it's worth sharing.

This research is conducted by Nishith Desai, Associates is India’s one of the international law firms. His firm  published a white paper which concludes that bitcoin is legal in India.

You can download research document from the link given below,

https://www.zebpay.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Bitcoins.pdf

Another article by Vipul Kharbanda - http://cis-india.org/internet-governance/bitcoin-legal-regulation-india

According to this research, bitcoin is legal in India. What about your country? You can find it here in this document in chapter 4 (General position and view around the world).

Best
Dudeperfect

but in india , have scandal MMM , i dont know a bout lawy in india , if m.gandi still a live ,he will not agree
Dudeperfect (OP)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 04:44:56 AM

Hello Bitcoiners,

I am not sure if we had this research quoted here or not but I just came across this research and found that it's worth sharing.

This research is conducted by Nishith Desai, Associates is India’s one of the international law firms. His firm  published a white paper which concludes that bitcoin is legal in India.

Another article by Vipul Kharbanda - http://cis-india.org/internet-governance/bitcoin-legal-regulation-india

According to this research, bitcoin is legal in India. What about your country? You can find it here in this document in chapter 4 (General position and view around the world).

Best
Dudeperfect

but in india , have scandal MMM , i dont know a bout lawy in india , if m.gandi still a live ,he will not agree

Sorry I could not understand what you are talking about, is that anything with multi level marketing? If yes the how is it related with bitcoin? And for your kind information let me tell you that M. Gandhi died 68 years ago but beyond that India is a democratic country and laws are decided in the houses of parliament. It has nothing to do with any single person.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 09:40:34 AM

Over here in my country, to the best of my knowledge, there is no law covering Bitcoin because the whole thing is kind of new to us over here. And I dont see the legality coming anytime soon because we are currently being series of issues to now begin to devote resources to legalization or illegality of Bitcoin... And that is even good for us before the government look into that direction, I would have been more entrenched into it to a large extent...

I think the same thing is true with my country as to the legality of Bitcoin. The government has not yet made any pronouncement in relation to the use of Bitcoin and I am hoping that they would be more open and would just treat Bitcoin just like Paypal.
DomainMagnate

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 10:55:45 AM

Since there is no explicit mention of Bitcoin in law book,it can be deemed as allowed and not illegal.
But the current huge demand of bitcoin in india can force government to make some regulations about bitcoin
oltobit

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 06:43:45 AM

Bitcoin isn't officially recognised in my country, but people use it every day without worries. And they don't have to worry about tax either.
But I strongly feel that when government officially recognises it, exchanges will have to pay a lot of money for whatever licence is attached to it.
Blackshadow007

Activity: 787
Merit: 276

Currency Xchanger™

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 06:52:50 AM

Hello Bitcoiners,

Best
Dudeperfect

Well who cares what M. Gandhi would agree , Only care at the moment what Mr. Modi will do for Cryptocurrency rise in India Smiley

Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 09:26:42 AM

I hope India is very big country but majority of the people are not using bitcoin may be. I hope when researched only few companies are exchanging bitcoins into fiat currency, whether they get permission from the government don't know. But what i hear from our Indian friend is every transaction is being made with bank transactions only.

Legal means at least Indian banks should advertise and make people to buy bitcoin publicly. Those research really good but government is not completely din't gave permissions may be.
i'm not indian people and in my country the government doesn't admit bitcoin as the currency and with the legality of bitcoin in india the government should be more concern for bitcoin development in that country because many people around the world has helped with bitcoin because they could able to earn money using their bitcoin and i think if the government more concern about bitcoin then indirectly will decreasing the unemployed people in india because currently i saw there are a lot of bitcoiners derived from india who able to earn money using their bitcoin
DomainMagnate

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 11:20:28 AM

Hello Bitcoiners,

Best
Dudeperfect

Well who cares what M. Gandhi would agree , Only care at the moment what Mr. Modi will do for Cryptocurrency rise in India Smiley
Lol yes Gandhi and anyone with that surname has become powerless.
I hope modi will regularise bitcoin because he wants to promote cashless economy
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 08:21:32 PM

My country belongs to the European Union and for this reason has adopted corresponding European Directive under which the legal framework is very unclear. The prevailing view is that bitcoin  is not money in the narrow sense but a way of transaction and an agreement between two parties. In this light of view cannot considered as money.
Mbah Slamet

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 06:26:50 AM

In my country is still unclear, bitcoin is still the same as the commodities so that the Government does not set up specifically. In my opinion it is reasonable, because if legalised certainly had an impact which is good and bad. everyone will make money so to divert bitcoin avoid taxes.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 03:08:14 AM

I don't know if using bitcoins in our country is legal or illegal because we can cash in or cash out using different banks but our government says bitcoins are illegal but they are approving the different banks to operate to fund our wallets.

Aqualung89

Activity: 1666
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 08:59:54 AM

Bitcoin is not officially legal in any country. If it is legitimate, it will probably be some sanctions in the direction of law, maybe it will have to pay taxes. The main thing is to introduce bitcoin in the country.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: