Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:09:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Bios for the Sapphire Nitro+ Rx480 8GB (Wattmann settings here)  (Read 2571 times)
Coyn (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 09:10:06 AM

Hii all,

I recently bought Sapphire Nitro+ Rx480 8GB cards for my mining rig.
Now i am searching for a bios mod to get the best performance out of them.

This is what i get with wattman "27.4 mhash avg - 85 watt - 55-60 temp"

https://i.imgur.com/4iq5uQl.jpg

Does anyone have better results with these cards, or can make a custom rom for them? I will gladly pay you  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
melsell1

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 05:41:18 PM

29+mh/s: https://www.upload.ee/files/6144311/480nitro8gmod.rom

pic: https://www.upload.ee/image/6144320/rx480.jpg
BustyKuroNeko

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

Canadian Miner Passing Through~~

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 04:05:49 PM

Hi, 4 small questions real quick:
1: does flashing the bios of my sapphire rx480 Nitro+ 4GB to this void the warranty?
2: What does a bios flash do exactly? Just change the settings? So can i still use the card for gaming (go to work; mining, come home; gaming, go to bed; mining??)
3: Will this flash work on the 4GB model?? OR Do you have a 4GB model bios for that card?
4: Where can i find the original bios for my card if i want to flash it back?

Thank you so much for your time
-KuroNeko

Self-proclaimed nice guy~
dakky

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 05:33:21 PM

I can answer you only 4) When you run the tool for flashing, you have an option to save your original bios so you can restore it later. Also if something goes wrong during flashing, you can use the BIOS switch on the top of the card to try to unbrick it.

BustyKuroNeko

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 06:59:36 PM

1/4 answered   Smiley
I am a big computer/networking guy but i never really got on the mining wagon. But going to start with 2 sapphire rx480 4GB (the 8GB version is 70$ more in Canada so 4GB it is) and my oldie but goodie Sapphire r9 280x.
Also never really had the need to overclock/mod a gpu? did it a couple of times for cpu. So this is going to be a hellishly fun hobby i think  Tongue

_ZET_

Activity: 299

Crypto mining company | Mining pools

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 10:24:37 PM

1: does flashing the bios of my sapphire rx480 Nitro+ 4GB to this void the warranty?
2: What does a bios flash do exactly? Just change the settings? So can i still use the card for gaming (go to work; mining, come home; gaming, go to bed; mining??)
3: Will this flash work on the 4GB model?? OR Do you have a 4GB model bios for that card?

-KuroNeko
1. It does, but if you flash it with default bios before rma, there will be no problem.
2. It overwrites all default card settings, if you know what to change you can do miracles with your card. In most cases you can still use it for gaming.
3. Use only compatible bios for your card otherwise you can damage your hardware. The best idea is to download bios from your card, mod it and flash it back.
4. It's in your card, use AtiWinFlash and cmd: atiwinflash -s 0 default_bios.rom

BustyKuroNeko

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 03:11:08 PM

-KuroNeko
1. It does, but if you flash it with default bios before rma, there will be no problem.
2. It overwrites all default card settings, if you know what to change you can do miracles with your card. In most cases you can still use it for gaming.
3. Use only compatible bios for your card otherwise you can damage your hardware. The best idea is to download bios from your card, mod it and flash it back.
4. It's in your card, use AtiWinFlash and cmd: atiwinflash -s 0 default_bios.rom

Sweet!
So 1 and 2 are done.
3. So do you know where it is possible to download an already modded bios for the 4GB card version? Or will i have to really mod it myself (which i don't really have experience in doing)
4. Well the cards are ordered so will have to wait and it if i can get this bios backup to work (pending)
Thanks a lot!!

coinbeamer

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

live long and prosper

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:40:25 AM

I get 28.89 under Ethos but with 1234W at the wall !!!

Heeeelp!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: