Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:27:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-09-07] How Sony's New Show 'Startup' Gets Bitcoin Right  (Read 336 times)
a7mos (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 06:28:13 PM

It was only a matter of time until someone made a TV show featuring bitcoin. Well, that show is here in the form of a 10-episode series called Startup, and, frankly, it does a good job of depicting the weird world of crypto-currency.

The show is set in Miami and (surprise!) involves drug dealers and an FBI agent as well as a brilliant young Stanford drop-out, Izzy Morales, who tries to convince people how digital money will change the world.

The young coder is actually flogging something called “Gen-Coin,” which she claims is better than the original bitcoin, but is based on the same idea of a decentralized digital currency beyond the reach of banks and governments. In Izzy’s eyes, while money can corrupt people, the bigger issue is that “people corrupt money.”

the article link
KJBit

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 08:15:29 PM

It just so happens I watched the first episode of it today. It's too early for me to say how the show will turn out, but it looks quite promising. And just like you, other people in the crypto world have recommended it, which is my reason for watching it. Hoping it'll be all it's hyped up to be.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: