Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:15:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk hacked and data for sale on dark web?  (Read 2632 times)
whaSasd

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 04:55:42 AM

I think the ddos attack was just a convenient time for this database leak info to resurface. Someone is out to make some quick cash.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
renem

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 11:13:41 AM

Hi, I saw this article but found nothing with the search. It's fake or should we worry?

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/hacked-bitcointalk-org-user-data-goes-up-for-sale-on-dark-web/

I'm lucky because I wasn't here on 2015, but I think I should say something at least, just to be sure.
Yes you're lucky because you are a newbie and you didn't registered your account on that year Tongue maybe ? , right ? , but if you guys registered account from that year then change all  like email and password so it wont hack.
kalin

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 03:52:17 AM

Definitely real. I used a unique email here to track if it ever escaped, and I have only in the last week or so started receiving lots of spam on that email Sad

Oh well, anything bitcoin is always a target. Im not surprised. Im just happy all details here are unique and fake.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 04:04:54 AM

I think the ddos attack was just a convenient time for this database leak info to resurface. Someone is out to make some quick cash.

the admins already confirmed the hack and it is said the database was hacked last year,so all the users need to be careful that their account is secure and users need to change the password.
startselect

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 07:05:50 AM

Definitely real. I used a unique email here to track if it ever escaped, and I have only in the last week or so started receiving lots of spam on that email Sad

Oh well, anything bitcoin is always a target. Im not surprised. Im just happy all details here are unique and fake.

I also started getting weird, Bitcoin related spam emails. I was wondering where they were coming from. Now I see.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 04:35:34 AM

I also started getting weird, Bitcoin related spam emails. I was wondering where they were coming from. Now I see.
I was wondering this myself, recently I keep finindg bitcoin related dark market offers in my email box associated with my bitcointalk account.

It is first time when something like this is happening after that database leak. Now I know I am not alone and someone bought email list of bitcointalk users and keep using it to send spam.
vino.gcs

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 05:17:53 AM

Yes everyone know that it happened. Now they changed password security to sha256crypt anyway. It's good to have a stronger passwords. Tongue
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 08:13:13 AM

Now they changed password security to sha256crypt anyway. It's good to have a stronger passwords. Tongue
Passwords were hashed and salted with sha256crypt at the time if the hack; it isn't a recent change. Agreed that a stronger password is always best though.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: